Bumper plates are some of the most common types of weight plates you can buy. They are versatile, they’re quiet, they are durable, and they look great. Weight plates are an essential piece of gym equipment for anyone looking for strength training, and bumper plate sets are a great option. Along with plates, I consider power racks, barbells, and weight benches to be an essential part of any gym, especially a home gym.
Bumper Plates & Sets vary in specifications, materials, price, and quality, making it difficult when narrow down the candidates. In this article, we present the best bumper plates to buy in 2023. Basic rubber bumper plates, competition bumper plates, urethane bumper plates, and more are featured in this article.
Best Bumper Plates & Sets for Crossfit
Dumbbell plates are one of the most common weight plates found in commercial and private gyms. They are versatile, absorb noise, are durable, and of course, look beautiful.
To find the best dumbbell discs, you need to consider where you train, the style of training you use, and how much you are willing to spend. Below are eight of the best home gym shock absorbers on the market. From crushed rubber impact plates to competition plates, and even urethane impact plates, this article will help you find the best option.
Best Bumper Plates & Sets for Crossfit | Comparison Table 2023
High Quality | 5-Stars Picks | Great Prices
|Fringe Sport Savage Tie-Dye Tiger Stripe 45 lb Color Bumper Plates Set | Durable Blue Rubber Weight Plates Sets For Home Gym with Dead Bounce | Barbell Plates for Weight Lifting and Strength Training||Fringe Sport||Check Price|
|REP FITNESS 10lb Pair Black Bumper Plates – Black Low Odor Rubber Olympic Plates for Strength, Conditioning, and Weightlifting||REP FITNESS||Check Price|
|XMark 45 lb Pair Bumper Plate Weight Plates, Bumper Weights for Olympic Lifting, Weight Plates Sets, Olympic Bumper Weight Plates, Barbell Weight Plates, 2-Inch Olympic Weight Plates, Strength Training Plates||XMark Fitness||Check Price|
|Synergee Color Bumper Plates Weight Plates Strength Conditioning Workouts Weightlifting 25lbs Pair||Synergee||Check Price|
|ARCHON Fitness ATLAS Olympic Bumper Plates | 260LB Weight Plates Set | Bumper Plates Virtually Indestructible | Weightlifting | Powerlifting | Olympic Lifting (A: 260 lb Set)||ARCHON||Check Price|
|Zion Fitness Onyx 2 Inch 10 Lb Bumper Plates Set Olympic Weight Plates Rubber Bumper Weight Plate Pair, Stainless Steel Inserts Strength Training Plates Weight Lifting Plates||Zion||Check Price|
|AMGYM LB Bumper Plates Olympic Weight Plates, Bumper Weight Plates, Steel Insert, Strength Training(160LB Set)||AMGYM||Check Price|
|Everyday Essentials Color Coded Olympic Bumper Plate Weight Plate w Steel Hub, Single, Black||Everyday Essentials||Check Price|
|HD Bumper Plates 2" (Single) - One (1) 45 LB Single Rubber Weight Plate in Pounds (LB) for Olympic Barbells - Ideal for Cross-Training, Weightlifting, Fitness and Gym Weights (45lb (Single Plate))||Iron Bull Strength||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Best Bumper Plates & Sets for Crossfit | Reviews 2023
1. Fringe Sport Savage Best Rated Bumper Plates
- BUILT SAVAGELY TOUGH: Workout like a beast with Fringe Sport Savage Tie-Dye Tiger Stripe Bumper Plates Set. It has the perfect mix of low bounce with high durability so it will not easily chip or break .
- TIGER STRIPES OF STRENGTH: Our weight plate set for the home gym are designed with color-coded tiger stripes. This can help you easily distinguish between barbell weights at a glance for more efficient workout sessions .
- LEVEL UP YOUR GEAR: Our rubber weight plates are made with high-density 100% virgin rubber. They naturally absorb sounds and have a dead bounce making them safe to drop in tight spaces .
- FITS OLYMPIC BARBELLS: Our barbell plates for weight lifting are designed to fit into any 2” diameter Olympic barbell. It has a steel insert that can take much more abuse without deforming the plates.
- FRINGE IT LIKE A CHAMP: Weve engineered our plate weights to hold up to the most brutal workouts so you can focus on training like the fighter you are. Overcome your limits today!
- Tie-Dye Tiger Stripe 45 lb Color Bumper Plates Set | Durable Blue Rubber Weight Plates Sets For Home Gym with Dead Bounce | Barbell Plates for Weight Lifting and Strength Training
The FringeSport 15lb to 55lb Savage Tie-Dye Tiger Stripe Bumper Plates is a set of weight plates designed for strength and conditioning weight training. The plates are made with a mix of low bounce and high durability, ensuring they will not easily chip or break. They are designed with color-coded tiger stripes to help easily distinguish between barbell weights for more efficient workout sessions. They are made with high-density 100% virgin rubber that naturally absorbs sounds and has a dead bounce, making them safe to drop in tight spaces. These plates are designed to fit into any 2” diameter Olympic barbell and have a steel insert that can take much more abuse without deforming the plates.
The customer who wrote the above review purchased a 370 lb Savage Bumper Plate set directly from Fringe Sports and was pleased with the design and availability of the product. They also found the price to be discounted and found Fringe Sports to have a better product than Rogue Fitness, which is considered the gold standard in the industry. The customer was also impressed with the fast shipping and responsive customer service when they realized a couple of plates were missing from their order.
Overall, the FringeSport Savage Tie-Dye Tiger Stripe Bumper Plates are a durable and visually appealing option for strength and conditioning training. The color-coded tiger stripes make it easy to distinguish between weights, and the high-density rubber construction ensures a safe workout. Additionally, the customer service provided by the company is highly responsive and efficient. They highly recommend the product to others.
- Durable and visually appealing design
- Color-coded tiger stripes for easy weight identification
- High-density rubber construction for safe workouts
- Fits standard 2” Olympic barbells
- Responsive and efficient customer service
- Currently unavailable and uncertain when it will be back in stock
- Some reports of missing plates in orders
- Limited weight options are available
2. REP FITNESS 10lb Pair The Best Bumper Plates
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: (2) 10 lb black rubber polymer plates. Plates are 1 inch thick and 17.5 inches in diameter with 2-inch steel collar openings. 1-year warranty on 10s and 15s, 3-year warranty on 25s, 35s, 45s (home use only).
- BUMPERS BUILT TO LAST: Steel inserts with hooks molded into the plate and low-bounce rubber make our bumper plates last over 15,000 drops – that’s a lot of reps! Our 10 lb. plates are extra thick (1) to increase durability and minimize the plate folding in on itself, while our 45 lb. plates are thinner than most at 2.83, letting you fit up to 515 pounds on the bar.
- UNRIVALED VERSATILITY: Rubber bumper plates from REP Fitness give you complete control over your training. They’re great for powerlifting, Olympic lifting, or HIIT-style workouts. They’re also great to stand on for deficit or elevated movements .
- PERFECT FOR HOME GYM TRAINING: Bumper plates are the go-to choice for home gyms for a reason! Rubber plates protect your floor, and your barbell, and dampen the noise from lifting and dropping weights. Made from high-grade rubber for low odor and low bounce.
- DESIGNED IN DENVER, CO: REP Fitness designs and manufactures high-quality strength and conditioning equipment for home and commercial gyms. We carry a full line of strength and conditioning equipment including benches, barbells, dumbbells, racks, cardio equipment and more!
- Black Bumper Plates – Black Low Odor Rubber Olympic Plates for Strength, Conditioning, and Weightlifting
The REP FITNESS Black Bumper Plates are a durable and versatile option for strength and conditioning workouts and weightlifting. Each package includes two 10 lb black rubber polymer plates that are 1 inch thick and 17.5 inches in diameter with 2-inch steel collar openings. The plates feature a 1-year warranty on 10's and 15's and a 3-year warranty on 25's, 35's, 45's for home use only.
The bumper plates are designed to last, with steel inserts with hooks molded into the plate and low-bounce rubber that can withstand over 15,000 drops. The 10 lb plates are extra thick to increase durability and minimize the plate folding in on itself, while the 45 lb plates are thinner than most at 2.83" to allow you to fit up to 515 pounds on the bar.
The REP FITNESS Black Bumper Plates are suitable for powerlifting, Olympic lifting, or HIIT style workouts, and can also be used to stand on for deficit or elevated movements. They are perfect for home gym training, as rubber plates protect your floor, your barbell, and dampen the noise from lifting and dropping weights. The plates are made from high-grade rubber for low odor and low bounce. They are designed and manufactured in Denver, CO and REP Fitness carries a full line of strength and conditioning equipment including benches, barbells, dumbbells, racks, cardio equipment and more.
- Durable and designed to withstand over 15,000 drops
- Steel inserts with hooks molded into the plate for increased durability
- Virgin rubber formula reduces odor and maintains dead-bounce functionality
- Suitable for powerlifting, Olympic lifting, or HIIT style workouts
- 1-year warranty on 10’s and 15’s, 3-year warranty on 25’s, 35’s, 45’s (home use only)
- Only available in the weight of 10lb
- 5lb technique plates are not meant to be dropped
- Warranty only applies to home use
3. XMark 45 lb Pair Best Bumper Plates For Home Gym
- INCLUDED: Two 45 lb plates, total 90 lbs. With rapidly changing technology, why buy old-school bumpers when you can own a set of technologically advanced Hi-Impact bumpers that are specially engineered for dropping? XMark bumper plate weights are made of a high-density rubber resulting in a tough and durable weight plate.
- PURCHASE WITH CONFIDENCE: XMark warrants the 25, 35, and 45 lb plates to be free from defects in workmanship and materials, under normal residential use and conditions, for a period of three (3) years from the original date of purchase; COMMERCIAL USE one (1) year. Cosmetic damage is not covered by warranty.
- PRECISION TOOLED: The precision-tooled and polished commercial stainless-steel 2 inch inserts allow the Olympic plates to slide freely on the bar. An Olympic barbell with 16.5-inch sleeves will hold 10 (ten) 45 lb. plates and collars with room to spare.
- AN ESTABLISHED BRAND: XMark bumpers are a trusted brand found in home gyms, schools, and gyms across the United States. Premium all-natural virgin rubber gives the bumper a slim profile and dead bounce. Note: All products made from rubber have a distinct smell. The smell will generally dissipate over time.
- 10 POUND PLATE: XMark fixed an industry-wide problem with 10-pound plates bending and breaking. To remedy the problem, XMark followed IWF standards and reduced the diameter or height of the plate and made it the same thickness as a 15-pound bumper. Now, the much-improved smaller diameter plate has stability.
- Weight Plates, Bumper Weights for Olympic Lifting, Weight Plates Sets, Olympic Bumper Weight Plates, Barbell Weight Plates, 2-Inch Olympic Weight Plates, Strength Training Plates
The XMark Hi-Impact Bumper Plate is a weight plate designed for Olympic barbells and strength training. The package includes a 45 lb pair of XMark Hi-Impact Bumper Plates. The Hi-Impact high-density rubber results in a tough and durable weight plate with a slim profile and dead bounce. Precision-tooled stainless-steel inserts allow the Olympic plates to slide freely on any 2-inch Olympic barbell.
One of the main features of these bumper plates is that they are specially engineered for dropping. Solving an industry-wide problem, XMark followed IWF standards and reduced the diameter or height of the 10 lb plate leading to improved stability of the plate. XMark warrants 25, 35, and 45 lb plates to be free from defects in workmanship and materials for a 3-year period, under normal residential use and conditions; Commercial Use for one year. However, cosmetic damage is not covered by warranty.
XMark strength and fitness equipment is found in homes, garage gyms, school weight rooms, and gyms across the U.S. It is important to note that all products made from rubber have a distinct smell, but the smell will generally dissipate over time. XMark Fitness offers a large selection of strength training equipment including weights, bumpers, barbells, ez curl bars, benches, dumbbells, and specialty strength equipment. The XMark Hi-Impact Bumper Plates are a durable and versatile option for strength training, and the warranty provides added peace of mind for the customer.
- Specially engineered for dropping
- High-density rubber for durability
- Precision-tooled stainless-steel inserts for smooth movement on barbells
- 3-year warranty for normal residential use and 1 year for commercial use
- Large selection of strength training equipment offered by the company
- Only available in the weight of 45lb
- The warranty does not cover cosmetic damage
- Plate smell may linger
4. Synergee Color Best Bumper Plates
- ★ UNPARALLELLED PERFORMANCE ★ - Our bumper plates are designed to bounce less when dropped. The lesser bounce translates to a lesser force exerted on the barbell, which means the center ring is saved from impact and damage. Less bounce also allows you to predict where the bar will travel when dropped, making them a trustworthy bar to use in smaller spaces or when working out with others. This allows you to focus on your form, challenge yourself with more weight, and crush your PRs.
- ★ UNLIMITED VERSATILITY ★ – Whether you are purchasing plates to go with your Synergee Barbells or to use on their own, they bestow innumerable options. From well-known squats, deadlifts, and presses, to lesser-known halos, raises, twists, and plyo moves, one order of Synergee Bumper Plates brings 100’s new exercises into your workout routine. Perfect for home gyms, CrossFit boxes, and school weight rooms.
- ★ PERFECT FOR ALL TRAINING PROGRAMS ★ – These bumper plates are perfect for any Olympic or power lifter, bodybuilder, or toner/sculptor. The plates fit on a standard Olympic, power-lifting, or hex barbell or any other bar with a 2”-diameter sleeve. Made for anyone hoping to sweat away their weaknesses and lift their way to greatness.
- ★ WHAT’S IN THE PACKAGE ★ – This package includes (2) 25 lb plates. These plates are 1.77 inches thick, 17.5 inches in diameter, have 2-inch collar openings, and are made from Rubber Polymer.
- ★ NO SWEAT GUARANTEE ★ – Leave the sweating and swearing for your training! Buying from Synergee means quick, hassle-free, and caring customer service! Plus, we offer a better-than-money-back guarantee: if there is an issue with your product for any reason, we will send you a new one quickly and absolutely FREE! 100% Customer Satisfaction is our Number 1 Goal!
- Weight Plates Strength Conditioning Workouts Weightlifting 25lbs Pair
The Synergee Bumper Plates are designed for strength conditioning workouts and weightlifting, and they are sold in pairs and sets. They are made of rubber polymer, and they are designed to have a low bounce when dropped, which protects the center ring and allows for more control during training. This design allows you to predict where the bar will travel when dropped, making them a trustworthy bar to use in smaller spaces or when working out with others.
The Synergee Bumper Plates are highly versatile and can be used for a variety of exercises and training programs. They are perfect for home gyms, CrossFit boxes, and school weight rooms. They are suitable for any Olympic or power lifter, body builders, or toners/sculptors. The plates fit on a standard Olympic, power-lifting, or hex barbell or any other bar with a 2”-diameter sleeve.
This package includes 2 25lb plates. Each plate is 1.77 inches thick, 17.5 inches in diameter, has 2 inch collar openings, and made from Rubber Polymer. Additionally, the company offers a No Sweat Guarantee, which means quick, hassle-free, and caring customer service. If there is an issue with your product for any reason, Synergee will send you a new one quickly and absolutely free. The company's 100% customer satisfaction is their number one goal. The plates also have white letter markings that are highly visible, even from a distance. These plates are a must-have for any workout that uses Olympic lifts.
- Low bounce design which protects the center ring and allows for more control when dropped
- Versatile for a variety of exercises and training programs
- Fits on standard Olympic and powerlifting barbells
- No additional shipping costs
- 100% customer satisfaction guarantee
- Only available in the weight of 25lb
- Not specified if the warranty is included
- Only one weight option is available
5. ARCHON Fitness ATLAS Best Bumper Plate Brands
- Bumper Plate Weight Set: 45LB PAIR | 35LB PAIR | 25LB PAIR | 15LB PAIR | 10LB PAIR = 260LB Total
- Olympic Lifts | Powerlifting | Squats | Deadlifts | Cross Training | Bench Press
- PERFORMANCE Minimal bounce | Durability + 15,000 Drops | Not overly thick for heavier loads. Weight Tolerance: +/- 1% of claimed weight
- Bumper Plates sold as Pairs, Weight Sets (SAVE MORE), and 35LB and 45LB single plates
- ARCHON WARRANTY: 10-15 LB Plates are warrantied for 1 Year. The 25-45 LB Plates are warranted for 3 years.
- Olympic Bumper Plates | 260LB Weight Plates Set | Bumper Plates Virtually Indestructible | Weightlifting | Powerlifting | Olympic Lifting (A: 260 lb Set)
The ARCHON ATLAS Bumper Plates are a set of weightlifting plates that can be purchased in pairs, sets, or as individual plates. They are designed to withstand the weight and punishment of your workouts and are constructed with minimal bounce and a high level of durability. They have a 450mm diameter and are color-coded for easy identification of poundage.
The plates come with a 1-year warranty on the 10-15 lb plates and a 3-year warranty on the 25-45 lb plates. ARCHON is a company that designs and manufactures fitness equipment with a focus on quality and functionality. They are passionate about helping customers achieve the best possible version of themselves.
- Available in multiple configurations (pairs, select singles, and weight sets) for added versatility and cost savings.
- Minimal bounce and durable, able to withstand 15,000 drops.
- Weight tolerance of +/- 1% of claimed weight for added accuracy.
- Color-coded for easy poundage identification.
- 3-year warranty on 25-45 lb plates.
- Only 1-year warranty on 10-15 lb plates.
- May have a strong odor when new.
- Safety warnings and legal disclaimers are provided in the product description.
6. Zion Fitness Onyx
- Included – 1 Pair of 10LB Olympic Weight Rubber Bumper Plates by Zion Fitness Onyx Edition. | All Zion weight plates are compatible with any 2 Olympic barbells.
- Quality – Premium stainless-steel inserts surrounded by quality virgin rubber that is extremely durable and built to last. Perform weighted sit-ups, bent-over rows, squats, lunges, and presses. If you add these plates to barbells, your fitness horizons instantly expand. You can do deadlifts, curls, bench presses, and other weight-lifting exercises.
- Specifications – 2” Inch Olympic Bumper Weight Plates, Diameter: 450MM (+/- 3MM) / 17.72 (IWF Standard), Collar Opening: 50.6mm +/-0.2mm, Stainless Steel Inserts, Weight Tolerance: +/- 1% of claimed weight, Minimal Bounce, Durometer Rating (88)
- Multiple Weight Plates – Zion Fitness Onyx 2 Bumper Weight Plates are available in 10lb, 15lb, 25lb, 35lb, and 45 lb. weight variants; Built to increase muscle strength with regular use; Useful addition to the home, professional gyms, and commercial gyms.
- Warranty – Our 10-15LB variant plates are warrantied for 90 days from the original delivery date and are not warrantied if dropped on their own. The 25-45LB variants are warranted for 2 years. NOTE: 10-15LB bumper plates are not designed to be used alone on a barbell as they will “taco”.
- 2 Inch 10 Lb Bumper Plates Set Olympic Weight Plates Rubber Bumper Weight Plate Pair, Stainless Steel Inserts Strength Training Plates Weight Lifting Plates
The Zion Fitness Onyx 2 Inch Lb Bumper Plates Set is a set of Olympic weight plates made of durable rubber and stainless steel inserts. These plates are designed to be used with any 2" Olympic barbell and are perfect for a wide range of exercises including weighted sit-ups, bent-over rows, squats, lunges, and presses. They can also be used for deadlifts, curls, and bench presses.
The plates have a standard IWF diameter of 450mm and are designed to have minimal bounce and surface imperfections. They are also guaranteed to be within 1% of the marked weight, ensuring optimal results for users. The plates are available in different weight variants, including 10lb, 15lb, 25lb, 35lb, and 45lb, making it easy to increase muscle strength with regular use.
The Zion Fitness Onyx Bumper Plates come with a warranty of 90 days for the 10-15lb variant plates and 2 years for the 25-45lb variant plates. It's important to note that the 10-15lb bumper plates are not designed to be used alone on a barbell as they will "taco". These plates are perfect for home, professional gyms, and commercial gyms. They are reliable, durable, and designed to make it easy to reach your fitness goals.
- Durable and built to last with premium stainless steel inserts and virgin rubber.
- Safe to drop from a high position without risk of damage.
- Compatible with a variety of exercises, including weighted sit-ups, squats, deadlifts, and bench presses.
- Available in multiple weight variants from 10lbs to 45lbs.
- Comes with a warranty for 90 days for 10-15 lb plates and 2 years for 25-45 lb plates.
- 10-15 lb plates are not designed to be used alone on a barbell and will “taco” if dropped.
- 10-15 lb plates are not covered by the warranty if dropped on their own.
- Only available in one color, black.
7. AMGYM LB Bumper Plates
- 160 lb Set bumper plate,include 2X10lb,2X25lb,2X45lb.Fit all Olympic barbells with 2-inch sleeves.
- A good bumper plate set is the centerpiece for modern HIIT training. Perform Olympic lifts, squats, and deadlifts safely and confidently with our tough.
- 100% High-Density natural rubber durable with a low-bounce, withstand repeated drops. Protect any type of floor and your bars.
- Expertly designed stainless steel hooked insert that remains firmly seated, keeping balance.
- AMGYM Bumper Plates are available in 6 weights: 10LB, 15LB, 25LB, 35LB, 45LB, 55LB . Good for strength training, weightlifting, CrossFit, etc. All the plates come with a 3-year warranty!
- Olympic Weight Plates, Bumper Weight Plates, Steel Insert, Strength Training(160LB Set)
The AMGYM LB Bumper Plates are Olympic weight plates designed for strength training and weightlifting. They are made of virgin rubber, making them a real bumper plate, and are designed to withstand repeated drops. The 160 lb set includes 2x10lb, 2x25lb, and 2x45lb plates, which fit all Olympic barbells with 2-inch sleeves. These plates are perfect for performing Olympic lifts, squats, and deadlifts safely and confidently. They have a low bounce and protect any type of floor and your bars.
The plates come with an expertly designed stainless steel "hooked" insert that remains firmly seated, keeping balance. AMGYM Bumper Plates are available in 6 weights: 10LB, 15LB, 25LB, 35LB, 45LB, and 55LB, good for strength training, weightlifting, CrossFit, etc. They also come with a 3-year warranty. The plates are sold in packages, with 2 plates per package for the 10lb, 15lb, and 25lb plates, and 1 plate per package for the 35lb, 45lb, and 55lb plates.
The AMGYM LB Black Bumper Plates are constructed with a durable 2-inch steel internal ring, which allows them to maintain their shape in between uses. They are IWF standard 17.5 inches in diameter and have a 2-inch center hole. They are made of 100% High-Density natural rubber and have a solid stainless steel insert. They are perfect for use in a home gym, as they allow you to safely drop heavy weights from overhead, which is an essential aspect of Olympic Weightlifting movements, and also allow you to safely miss lifts when beginning to learn technique-based weightlifting or attempting heavy overhead lifts.
- Made of durable virgin rubber that can withstand repeated drops.
- Available in 6 different weight options, allowing for a variety of strength training exercises.
- Has a low-bounce, protecting floors and barbells.
- Stainless steel “hooked” insert keeps plates balanced.
- Comes with a 3-year warranty.
- The package of 35lb and 45lb plates only contains one plate, so if you want a full set of these weights you need to purchase more.
- The package of 55lb plates only contains one plate, so if you want a full set of these weights you need to purchase more.
- It’s not ideal for those looking for colored bumper plates, as it only comes in black color.
8. Everyday Essentials Color Cheap Bumper Plate Set
- Bumper plates are constructed of high-density rubber with solid stainless steel inserts that can withstand repeated drops and with minimal bounce
- Each bumper plate has an inner ring with a diameter of 2 and fits any Olympic barbell, dumbbell bar or sled with a 2 diameter
- Each bumper plate is color coded for easy identification and labeled in both lbs and kgs
- IMPORTANT - 10lb plates can bend when dropped ALONE while on a barbell
- Coded Olympic Bumper Plate Weight Plate Steel Hub, black, Single plate
- Top Of The Line Fitness Accessories, Equipment Parts & Components. Browse Our Inventory! Excellent Customer Service Team. Contact Us & Well Help You Find The Perfect.
- We Have Everything From Conditioning Accessories To Weight Training Equipment. Shop Now! We Carry Heavy Duty Racks, Rigs, And More! Get The Best Products At The Best Price. Fully customized colors. Price match guarantee. Package deals available
The BalanceFrom Color Coded Olympic Bumper Plate Weight Plate is designed for strength training and weightlifting. These plates are constructed of high-density rubber with solid stainless steel inserts that can withstand repeated drops and have minimal bounce. The inner ring of each plate has a diameter of 2 inches and fits any Olympic barbell, dumbbell bar, or sled with a 2-inch diameter. The plates are color coded for easy identification and labeled in both lbs, and kgs, which makes it easy to select the desired weight.
The BalanceFrom Color Coded Olympic Bumper Plate Weight Plate is available in both singles or sets, with a variety of weight options such as 160lbs, 210lbs, 260lbs, and 370lbs. This allows you to select the right weight for your level of fitness and training goals. The plates are suitable for a variety of strength training exercises, including Olympic lifts, squats, and deadlifts.
It's important to note that the 10lb plates can bend when dropped alone while on a barbell, and the 10lb plates are thin, so they may not be as durable as the heavier plates. Also, the 10lb plates should not be used alone, which limits their versatility.
- Constructed of high-density rubber with solid stainless steel inserts that can withstand repeated drops and have minimal bounce.
- Inner ring has a diameter of 2 inches and fits any Olympic barbell, dumbbell bar, or sled with a 2-inch diameter.
- Color coded for easy identification and labeled in both lbs and kgs.
- Available in singles or sets, with a variety of weight options (160lbs, 210lbs, 260lbs, and 370lbs).
- Good for a variety of strength training exercises, including Olympic lifts, squats, and deadlifts.
- 10lb plates can bend when dropped alone while on a barbell.
- The 10lb plates are thin, so they may not be as durable as the heavier plates.
- The 10lb plates should not be used alone, which limits their versatility.
9. HD Bumper Plates
- SINGLES PLATES ONLY: This listing showcases SINGLE unit rubber plates for sale. If you wish to purchase a pair of bumper plates, please select 2 quantities. 1 QTY = 1 PLATE
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Featuring the same high quality rubber polymer to achieve a low bounce and high durability, our new HD bumper plates feature new artwork with raised lettering, a distinct black matte finish and the same quality you can expect from our range of Olympic weight plates.
- IWF STANDARDS: Discover our premium HD Bumper Plates. These quality, budget-priced plates have the IWF standard 450mm regulated diameter and Collar Opening of 50.4mm (1.98) .
- MINIMAL BOUNCE: Our bumper plates have an average of 90 on the Shore A Durometer scale, boasting an ideal hardness delivering a consistent dead blow with minimal bounce at a budget-priced point you will find in higher priced bumper weight plates.
- BIG SELECTION: The HD bumper plates come in a selection of 10lb, 15lb, 25lb, 35lb and 45lb plates for Olympic barbells. Great for your garage gym, CrossFit gym , or Olympic training center that will last you a lifetime.
- 2 (Single) - One (1) 45 LB Single Rubber Weight Plate in Pounds (LB) for Olympic Barbells - Ideal for Cross-Training, Weightlifting, Fitness and Gym Weights (45lb (Single Plate))
The HD Bumper Plates 2" are a set of high-quality rubber weight plates designed for use with Olympic barbells. These plates are sold as singles, so customers can purchase the exact weight they need. The plates are made from a durable rubber polymer that has a low bounce and high durability, and feature new artwork with raised lettering and a distinct black matte finish.
These plates are designed to meet the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) standards, with a regulated diameter of 450mm and a collar opening of 50.4mm. They also have an average of 90 on the Shore A Durometer scale, which ensures a consistent dead blow with minimal bounce. The HD bumper plates come in a selection of weights, including 10lb, 15lb, 25lb, 35lb, and 45lb, making them suitable for a wide range of fitness levels and workout goals.
In addition to being suitable for use with an Olympic barbell, these plates can also be used as standalone equipment for effective workouts. They feature high-durability stainless steel inserts to protect the plates and barbell, an embossed letter finish, and are made from all-black quality virgin rubber. The company offers a 5-star experience guarantee and promises that if customers are not 100% satisfied, they will take the plates back for a full refund.
- Made from durable rubber polymer for high durability and low bounce.
- Meet IWF standards for regulated diameter and collar opening.
- Available in a variety of weights for different fitness levels and workout goals.
- Can be used as standalone equipment for effective workouts.
- 5-star experience guarantee with a full refund option if not satisfied.
- Sold as singles, not in pairs.
- May be more expensive than some other bumper plate options.
- Limited to Olympic barbells, not compatible with standard barbells.
How To Choose The Best Bumper Plates & Sets for Crossfit | Ultimate Guide 2023
While fitness equipment is not made specifically to be thrown away (warranties are often voided if the manufacturer can prove negligence in the handling of the equipment), there are certain types of equipment that are better suited for CrossFit. Bumpers fall into this category.
Not only are they more durable than metal plates, but the thick rubber used in bumper plates also protects the gym floor and dumbbells.
How do I choose the best bumper plate for me?
Many bumper plates look very similar. However, minor differences between them can make a difference in your training, and it is important to know which features are important when looking for the best bumper plate for your home gym.
No one likes to see a barbell fly across the room after completing a push-up. Not only is it annoying, it is also dangerous, especially if you are training in close proximity to other athletes. Look for dumbbell plates that are labeled "low rebound," and be sure to read customer reviews by filtering for the keyword "rebound.
Rubber compounds are measured with the Shore A durometer system, which rates their hardness, ranging from 0 to 100 points, with a higher score meaning a harder compound. Optimal bumpers have a Shore A hardness of 80 or higher.
Bumpers should be sized close to or exactly to IWF specifications. This means
Mouth diameter 440 mm (17.7 inches)
Hub opening is 50.4 mm (1.5 in.).
There are slight differences between bumper plates, especially for 10s and 15s. Manufacturers often design lighter bumpers with a slightly smaller diameter to ensure thickness and less deformation. Many also make the bumper opening slightly wider (50.6 mm) to make it easier to get in and out of the bar.
Weight tolerance indicates how much heavier or lighter a weight plate is than its indicated weight. The best weight plates have weight tolerances of 1% or less. For example, a 45 lb. plate cannot be heavier than 45.45 lbs. and lighter than 44.55 lbs. Weight tolerances of up to 3% are acceptable for general training purposes and recreational athletes only.
For most CrossFit athletes, black plates are sufficient. Colored bumpers are fun, but often more expensive. Color is only important if you are doing Olympic lifts, in which case you will need plates that meet IWF color code specifications. It should be noted, however, that some people remember color better than weight. Many athletes who are new to CrossFit find that colored plates make it easier to remember the weight lifted.
What to look for when purchasing a bumper plate for a home gym.
Building a full-fledged home gym can be expensive and frustrating without proper planning. When purchasing bumper plates for a home gym, one of the most important qualities to consider is how they were constructed. High-quality bumper plates are highly functional and durable and will help you get the most out of your workout.
Material: Rubber bumpers are commonly used. Depending on your budget, training style, and aesthetic sense, you can choose high-temperature bumper plates made of recycled (crushed) rubber, virgin rubber, or urethane.
Recycled rubber is less expensive than virgin rubber, but it is less durable, looks worse, and smells much worse. Alternatively, bumper plates are available in urethane, a high-end material that is more durable has little or no odor looks better and is more expensive than rubber.
Quality of construction
bumper plates are expensive, but having to constantly repair or replace them is much more expensive in the long run. Instead of spending money on inexpensive bumpers, choose options with durable materials, better warranties, higher durometers, and more accurate weight tolerances. Home gyms can invest in better quality plates to provide greater functionality and the ability to optimize their workouts.
COLOR Aperture Diameter
Olympic dumbbells, not just Olympic Movement, have a weight sleeve diameter of approximately 1.96 inches. Therefore, Olympic weight plates are designed to fit the size of an Olympic bar. Some plates have narrower openings than others, depending on the plate's intended use.
For example, competition plates have an opening of approximately 1.97 inches (50 mm) to fit snugly around the weight collar. Standard and basic bumpers are closer to 50.8 mm, so they fit a little less close to the bar.
When looking for bumper plates, check the dimensions of the barbell sleeve. Most people will be using an Olympic bar, so the collar opening should be as close to 50.4 mm as possible. This is the International Weightlifting Federation standard.
A good brand will indicate the durometer of all barbell plates. The durometer index is a measure of the hardness of a material. The index ranges from 0 to 100, with the higher the index, the harder the material.
The harder the material, the more resistant it is to dents and damage from drops. When looking for skid plates made of high-density rubber, a durometer of 70 or higher is all that is needed. The higher the rating, the greater the resistance.
Steel Insert Method and Material: In impact plates, the insert is just as important as the plate material. Stainless steel inserts are the gold standard, as many other metal inserts are prone to deformation when dropped repeatedly. It is also important to check whether the insert is barbed or just a ring. Barbed inserts are less likely to drop off and render the plate unusable.
Many plates are basically black plates, sometimes with accent colors on the sides to make the weights stand out.
However, when you start looking at competitive or Olympic plates, you will notice that they are colored. This is no coincidence; these colored plates have a beneficial purpose. The colors allow people to easily and quickly identify the number of kilograms (pounds) on each plate.
The International Weightlifting Federation has established specifications and rules for all equipment used in weightlifting competitions, including color plates with a specific coding system.
To choose the right bumper for you, you must first determine whether a standard bumper, or training plate, is sufficient, or whether you need a competition bumper to train in a more professional environment.
Competition bumpers are thinner, more durable, and much more expensive than standard bumpers. So if you are competing in powerlifting or Olympic lifting, competition bumper plates are a great choice.
If you are willing to spend the money and own a competition plate, one of the advantages of using this plate over standard bumpers is the advertised weight reliability. Tolerances are very tight, usually within +/- 10 grams, and you will know that you are lifting the specified weight. In addition, competition plates are durable and conform to IWF standards, while training plates have a wide range of weight tolerances.
If you do not plan to compete or have a limited budget, training plates will suffice. With modern manufacturing techniques, the weight of most standard plates is not far off the stated weight, but they are not calibrated and cannot be used for competition.
Also, the durability of the plates should not be overlooked, as they can last a lifetime if cared for. In other words, competition plates are for serious lifters who have spent some money.
What are the advantages of athletic plates?
When choosing a plate for your home gym, you will notice that there are several different types of weight plates. One of the most commonly used weight plates in home gyms is the bumper plate and for good reason. Bumper plates offer tremendous benefits to anyone looking to build a home gym or upgrade their weight plates.
The main advantages are
Versatility and functionality
Dumbbell plates are the most versatile style of weight plate. Whether you are training for Olympic weightlifting, weightlifting, CrossFit, bodybuilding, or just general health purposes, weight plates can withstand all the abuse you put them through.
Metal or cast iron plates cannot withstand the kind of training you do while dropping weights. You can train indoors or outdoors with training plates!
Ideal for indoor use
Steel plates scratch the floor when dropped and are very annoying, not least because they make a lot of noise. Instead of worrying about this, you can invest in an impact plate.
Most impact plates are made of rubber, which protects the floor and prevents it from bouncing when dropped. This reduces the risk of breaking other objects. The bumpers soften the sound, so you can train in relative silence. So even if you train late into the night, you won't wake anyone up.
Durability and Robustness
The typical plate is quite sturdy, but it doesn't stand up to the bumpers that come late. Made of durable rubber, they can withstand thousands of drops without feeling wear and tear. With steel plates, you might get lucky and drop a few drops before they break. For home gyms, it is not unrealistic to assume that bumper plates will stand up to use well within the warranty period.
Best Bumper Plates & Sets for Crossfit | Video Explanation
What is the difference between a bumper and a weight plate?
Bumpers are a type of weight plate. There are many different types of weight plates, including steel plates, steel sheets, and change plates. A bumper is a weight plate constructed or covered with rubber to improve durability and reduce noise when dropped.
Why do I need a bumper plate for CrossFit?
Because of the frequent dropping and moving of dumbbells in WODs, it is important to use bump plates in CrossFit workouts rather than other types of weight plates. Using weight plates protects the floor, the dumbbells, and the plates themselves.
Is it easy to do weightlifting with barbells?
Dumbbell discs have a greater rebound force from contact with the floor than metal discs, making deadlifts easier. However, make sure that a big PR on a bumper plate still counts.
Do bumper plates damage concrete?
The good news is that this does not happen if you use good bumper plates. Even a somewhat inferior bumper plate will not damage the concrete or the barbell. In the unlikely event that they are elevated on concrete and damaged, the lower bumper plate will be damaged.
Why are bumper plates frowned upon?
The reason is that because the bumper plates are larger, the weight on each side of the barbell will put a larger lever arm on the bar than the same weight on the steel plate, causing it to bend more.
When should I use bumper plates?
Bumper plates are weights made of a steel core and a hard rubber exterior. Therefore, they can be used for exercises such as squats, deadlifts, and power cleans, where the weights are often dropped to the floor at the end of a set. Bumper plates are made of rubber and can be dropped to the floor.
Are the bumper plates large?
Bumper plates tend to be thicker than their metal counterparts because they require a larger surface area to absorb impact. This can negatively affect the weight an elite strength athlete can load on a barbell.
Why Does Crossfit Use Bumper Plates?
CrossFit uses bumper plates for several reasons:
- Safety: Bumper plates are designed to be dropped from overhead without causing damage to the plates or the floor. This is important for exercises like the snatch and clean and jerk, where the lifter drops the barbell from overhead after completing the lift.
- Versatility: Bumper plates come in different weights and are suitable for a wide range of exercises. They can be used for lifting, throwing, and slamming exercises.
- Durability: Bumper plates are made of rubber or other durable materials, which makes them resistant to damage and able to withstand heavy use over time.
- Noise reduction: The rubber construction of bumper plates also helps to reduce noise when they are dropped, making them ideal for use in a gym or other shared workout space.
Overall, bumper plates are a popular choice in CrossFit because they offer a safe, versatile, and durable option for a wide range of exercises.
What Are Crossfit Plates Called?
The plates used in CrossFit are typically called bumper plates. Bumper plates are a type of weight plate that are made of dense rubber or other durable materials and are designed to be dropped from overhead without causing damage to the plates or the floor. They are commonly used in CrossFit gyms for exercises like the snatch and clean and jerk, where the lifter drops the barbell from overhead after completing the lift. Bumper plates come in different weights and are color-coded for easy identification, with each color corresponding to a specific weight. The most common weights used in CrossFit are 10 lb, 15 lb, 25 lb, 35 lb, and 45 lb bumper plates.
Are Urethane Bumper Plates Better?
Urethane bumper plates are a type of weight plate made from a durable, high-density plastic material called urethane. Compared to traditional rubber bumper plates, urethane bumper plates have a few advantages:
- Durability: Urethane is a more durable material than rubber, which means that urethane bumper plates are less likely to crack or break over time.
- Odor resistance: Rubber bumper plates can sometimes have a strong smell, especially when they are new. Urethane bumper plates are odor-resistant, which can make them a better choice for gyms or workout spaces where odor is a concern.
- Tighter weight tolerances: Urethane bumper plates are often manufactured to tighter weight tolerances than rubber bumper plates, which means that the weight on the barbell will be more consistent from one lift to the next.
However, urethane bumper plates also tend to be more expensive than rubber bumper plates, which may be a consideration for some people.
Are Competition Bumper Plates Worth It?
Competition bumper plates are a specific type of bumper plate that meet certain weight and size requirements set by various organizations that hold weightlifting competitions. They are typically made to very tight weight tolerances and may be calibrated to ensure that they are exactly the weight they are supposed to be.
Whether competition bumper plates are worth it depends on your goals and priorities. If you are a serious weightlifter who competes in competitions, or if you are training for a specific weightlifting event, competition bumper plates may be worth the investment. They will allow you to train with the same equipment you will be used in competition, which can help you to develop your technique and get used to the equipment.
However, if you are a casual CrossFit athlete or just someone who enjoys weightlifting as part of your fitness routine, competition bumper plates may not be necessary. Standard bumper plates will work just as well for most exercises and are often much less expensive than competition plates.
Are Urethane Bumper Plates Better Than Rubber?
As mentioned earlier, urethane bumper plates have a few advantages over rubber bumper plates in terms of durability, odor resistance, and weight tolerance. However, whether urethane bumper plates are "better" than rubber plates depends on your specific needs and priorities.
Rubber bumper plates are still a popular and reliable choice for most CrossFit athletes and weightlifters. They are generally less expensive than urethane plates and are still very durable and resistant to damage. Rubber bumper plates also have a slightly softer feel than urethane plates, which can be more comfortable for some people when lifting.
Overall, both urethane and rubber bumper plates are effective for most CrossFit workouts and weightlifting exercises. The choice between the two comes down to personal preference and budget.
How Many 45 Lb Bumper Plates Fit On A Bar?
The number of 45 lb bumper plates that can fit on a barbell will depend on the length of the bar and the diameter of the bumper plates. A standard Olympic barbell is 7 feet long and has a sleeve diameter of 2 inches, while a standard 45 lb bumper plate has a diameter of approximately 17.7 inches.
Assuming you are using a standard Olympic barbell and 45 lb bumper plates, the number of plates that can fit on the bar will depend on the available space on the sleeves. A general rule of thumb is that you can fit approximately six to seven 45 lb bumper plates on each side of the barbell, for a total of 12-14 plates on the bar.
However, it's important to note that adding too much weight to the bar can make it difficult to perform certain exercises with proper form, and can also increase the risk of injury. It's important to work with a coach or trainer to determine the appropriate weight to use for your individual needs and abilities.
What Do Crossfitters Call Their Gym?
CrossFitters may refer to their gym as a "box". This term is thought to have originated from the idea that CrossFit gyms are often small, unassuming spaces that look more like a box than a traditional gyms. Some CrossFit gyms also have unique names that reflect the culture and values of the community.
Why Are Bumper Plates Expensive?
Bumper plates are typically more expensive than traditional weight plates due to their construction and materials. Bumper plates are made of high-density rubber or urethane, which is more durable and less likely to crack or break than other types of weight plates. Bumper plates are also designed to be dropped from overhead, which means they need to be able to withstand impact without damaging the plates or the floor. This requires a more complex manufacturing process and higher-quality materials, which contributes to the higher cost of bumper plates compared to other types of weight plates.
Are Crossfitters Fit?
CrossFit is a fitness program that combines elements of strength training, gymnastics, and metabolic conditioning. The program is designed to be challenging and can be adapted to suit a wide range of fitness levels and abilities. CrossFit athletes engage in a variety of functional movements, such as lifting weights, running, jumping, and climbing, which can improve strength, agility, and endurance.
While not all CrossFitters are necessarily "fit" in the traditional sense, the program has been shown to be effective for improving overall fitness and health. Studies have found that CrossFit can lead to improvements in cardiovascular fitness, muscular endurance, and body composition. However, like any fitness program, the effectiveness of CrossFit will depend on a variety of factors, including individual goals, commitment to training, and proper technique and coaching.
How Do I Choose A Bumper Plate?
Choosing a bumper plate can depend on several factors such as the type of training you plan to do, the level of experience you have, and your budget. Here are some key factors to consider when choosing a bumper plate:
- Type of Training: Consider the type of training you will be doing. If you plan to do Olympic weightlifting exercises like the snatch and clean and jerk, you will need bumper plates that meet the standards for those lifts. You will need plates that are calibrated, so they weigh the same as other plates of the same size. If you plan to do CrossFit-style workouts, you will need bumper plates that can withstand being dropped from overhead and that have a low bounce.
- Material: Bumper plates are typically made of rubber or urethane. Rubber bumper plates are less expensive and have a moderate bounce, while urethane bumper plates are more expensive, but have a lower bounce and are more durable.
- Weight: Bumper plates come in different weights, ranging from 10 lbs to 55 lbs. Consider what weight increments you will need for your training and choose plates accordingly.
- Diameter: Bumper plates come in different diameters, and you will want to choose plates that are appropriate for your barbell. Olympic barbells have a 2-inch sleeve diameter, while some training bars have a 1.9-inch sleeve diameter.
Who Makes The Best Urethane Bumper Plates?
There are many reputable brands that make high-quality urethane bumper plates. Some of the top brands include Rogue Fitness, Eleiko, and American Barbell. These companies have a long history of producing high-quality strength training equipment and have earned a reputation for their attention to detail and quality control.
When choosing urethane bumper plates, it's important to consider factors such as durability, thickness, and overall quality. Look for plates that are made from high-density urethane and have a solid steel core for added durability. The plates should also have a low bounce rate and be designed to withstand heavy use over time.
Ultimately, the best urethane bumper plates will depend on your specific needs and budget. Take the time to research different brands and read reviews from other customers before making a final decision.
Why Is Urethane Better Than Rubber?
Urethane bumper plates are often considered superior to rubber bumper plates for a number of reasons:
- Durability: Urethane is a much harder and denser material than rubber, which makes it more durable and less likely to crack or deform over time. This makes urethane bumper plates ideal for heavy use in commercial gyms or home gyms.
- Low Odor: Urethane does not have the same strong odor as rubber, which can be off-putting to some users. This makes urethane bumper plates a more attractive option for those who are sensitive to strong smells.
- Easy to Clean: Urethane bumper plates are easy to clean and maintain, as they are resistant to water and chemicals. This makes them ideal for use in commercial gyms, where equipment is frequently used by many people.
- Low Bounce: Urethane has a lower bounce rate than rubber, which means that when dropped, the plates will not rebound as high. This can help reduce the risk of injury and make it easier to control the barbell during lifts.
Overall, while rubber bumper plates have their own benefits, such as being more affordable, urethane bumper plates are often considered a higher-end option due to their superior durability, low odor, ease of cleaning, and low bounce rate.
What Is The Difference Between Bumper Plates And Competition Plates?
Bumper plates and competition plates are two types of weight plates commonly used in strength training, but they have some important differences.
Bumper plates are typically made of rubber or urethane and are designed to be used for Olympic lifting and other functional fitness exercises where the weights are frequently dropped from overhead. They have a solid steel core and a thick rubber or urethane coating that helps to absorb shock and reduce noise when they are dropped. Bumper plates are often color-coded to indicate their weight, with the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) standard colors being used in competitions.
Competition plates, on the other hand, are designed specifically for use in weightlifting competitions. They are made to the exact dimensions and weight specifications required by the IWF, with a diameter of 450mm and a thickness of 26mm for the 25kg and 20kg plates, and a diameter of 230mm and a thickness of 26mm for the 15kg, 10kg, and smaller plates. Competition plates are typically made of metal, usually steel or chrome, and have a very low bounce rate when dropped. They are also calibrated to be extremely accurate in their weight measurement, with an allowable variance of only 10 grams.
In summary, while both bumper plates and competition plates are used for strength training, bumper plates are designed for functional fitness exercises and Olympic lifting, while competition plates are designed specifically for use in weightlifting competitions and are made to strict weight and size specifications.
Is It Ok To Bench Press With Bumper Plates?
Yes, it is generally safe to bench press with bumper plates. Bumper plates are designed to be dropped from overhead during weightlifting movements, so they are durable and can withstand a lot of force. This means they are also suitable for use in bench pressing, where they will not be subjected to the same level of impact as during Olympic lifting movements.
However, it is important to note that bumper plates are typically larger in diameter than traditional metal weight plates, so they may be more difficult to load onto the barbell for bench pressing. Additionally, bumper plates may have a slight bounce when dropped, which could affect your bench press form if you are not used to it. To prevent this, it is recommended to use a bench press with a solid base and to use collars to secure the plates in place.
Overall, if you are using proper form and taking the necessary precautions, bench pressing with bumper plates is a safe and effective way to build upper body strength.
Investing in high-quality bumper plates and sets is essential for any Crossfit enthusiast. With the right equipment, you can achieve your fitness goals and improve your overall performance. After extensive research and testing, we've identified the best options on the market for durability, performance, and value. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced athlete, there's a perfect bumper plate set for your needs. So, choose the right set for your Crossfit workouts, and take the first step towards a stronger, healthier you.
Hi, I am Matt Storace and I am a former personal trainer and founder of Beast Biceps. We had to find ways to train at home. When I started looking for the equipment I needed, I quickly realized that there were no good resources online. So I created Beast Biceps. It is a treasure trove of information developed from my experience and research. Read More Here
Leave a Reply