If you’re in the market for an Olympic barbell but don’t want to break the bank, you’re in luck! With so many affordable options available, you don’t have to sacrifice quality for the price. A good barbell can last you for years, so it’s important to invest in one that meets your needs and budget. In this article, we’ve done the research for you and compiled a list of the best Olympic barbells under $300. These barbells are durable, versatile, and perfect for a variety of exercises, from deadlifts to bench presses. We’ll look at the key features of each barbell, such as the type of steel used, the weight capacity, and the grip.
We’ll also provide a buying guide to help you make an informed decision. So, whether you’re a beginner or an experienced lifter, you can find a high-quality Olympic barbell that won’t break the bank.
Best Olympic Barbells Under $300
I started weightlifting as a teenager and have tried and used hundreds of different barbells over the decades since. From the ones in my local gym to the ones currently in my own gym, I have a complete line of Olympic barbells.
I have tried them all – the good, the bad, and the ugly.
From beginners to experienced lifters who want a bar that performs without being overpriced, there is a barbell for everyone. Of course, they all cost around $300, some less than $200 (even the Rogue bar).
Find one that fits your goals and budget and start lifting like a king.
Best Olympic Barbells Under $300 | Comparison Table 2023
High Quality | 5-Stars Picks | Great Prices
|Synergee Open 15kg Women’s Black Phosphate Shaft and Chrome Sleeve Olympic Barbell. Rated 1000lbs for Weightlifting, Powerlifting and Crossfit||Synergee||Check Price|
|CAP Barbell 5-Foot Solid Olympic Bar, Black (2-Inch)||CAP Barbell||Check Price|
|Everyday Essentials Olympic Super Curl Barbell Curl Bar, 48 inch (350 lb Weight Capacity), Silver (CB4S)||BalanceFrom||Check Price|
|Sporzon! Olympic Barbell Standard Weightlifting Barbell||Sporzon!||Check Price|
|RitFit 7-foot Olympic Barbell Bar, General Purpose Weight Bar Suitable for Olympic Lifts and Power Lifts and Bench Press, 700LBS Capacity||RITFIT||Check Price|
|DAY1 FITNESS Olympic Barbell -2", 700 Pound Capacity, 7’ by D1F for Weightlifting, Bench Pressing, Bodybuilding, Powerlifting -Durable Bar -Heavy-Duty Steel Bars & Barbells, Accommodates 2 inchPlates||DAY1 FITNESS||Check Price|
|beenimed Olympic Barbell Bar 6/7 feet Weight Bar with Two Spring Collars, Solid Iron Weighted Workout Barbell Weight Straight Weightlifting Technique Bar for Home/Gym||beenimed||Check Price|
|Rep Gladiator Olympic Bar - 1500 lb Rated - 15 kg||REP FITNESS||Check Price|
|Titan Fitness 72-in Olympic Technique Bar 15KG 28mm Chrome Barbell Weightlifting||TITAN FITNESS||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Best Olympic Barbells Under $300 | Product Overview 2023
1. Synergee Open Best Olympic Barbells Under $300
- ★ INCREDIBLE VALUE ★ - Don’t let the low price fool you – this bar is “great”, “solid”, and “perfect”. We’re not just saying that – our satisfied athletes are. Our prices are low because we want fitness equipment to be affordable and accessible for everyone. Our price tag is honest, and our equipment stands up against the toughest workouts.
- ★ POWERFUL DESIGN ★ - The Open Barbell is made of high-grade steel, giving it a 150K psi tensile strength rating and a max load of 1000 lbs. It comes with a standard knurl with dual marks to provide grip without the rip. The black phosphate coating on the shaft and chrome on the sleeves protects from oxidation and wear. Each sleeve has a loadable length of 16.4 inches (20 kg) OR 13 inches (15 kg), so you can lift lots!
- ★ BEARINGS, NOT BUSHINGS ★ - We choose needle bearings over bushings and other bearings because we believe in using the best components to provide you with the best product. Each bar has 4 needle bearings (2 per sleeve) to provide a nice spin for dynamic lifts.
- ★ WHAT’S IN THE PACKAGE ★ – Each bar has a black phosphate-coated shaft and chrome-plated sleeves. This bar is a 15 KG, 25 mm-diameter (standard women’s) bar and comes fitted with yellow silicon Synergee rings.
- ★ NO SWEAT GUARANTEE ★ – Leave the sweating and swearing for your training! Buying from Synergee means quick, hassle-free, and caring customer service! Plus, we offer a better-than-money-back guarantee: if there is an issue with your product for any reason, we will send you a new one quickly and absolutely FREE! 100% Customer Satisfaction is our Number 1 Goal!
- 15kg Women’s Black Phosphate Shaft and Chrome Sleeve Olympic Barbell. Rated 1000lbs for Weightlifting, Powerlifting and Crossfit
The Synergee Open Barbell is designed for weightlifting, powerlifting, and Crossfit workouts. It’s made with high-grade steel and a maximum load of 1000 lbs, giving it a 150K psi tensile strength rating. It features a standard knurl with dual marks for great grip, a black phosphate coating on the shaft, and chrome on the sleeves to protect it from oxidation and wear. The barbell also has 4 needle bearings (2 per sleeve) to provide a smooth spin.
The barbell is available in 15kg and 20kg versions. The 15 KG bar has a 25 mm diameter and is fitted with yellow silicon Synergee rings. The 20 KG bar has a loadable length of 16.4 inches, while the 15 KG bar has a length of 13 inches, so you can lift plenty.
When you purchase the Synergee Open Barbell, you also get access to our outstanding customer service. We provide quick and hassle-free purchasing, as well as a better-than-money-back guarantee if there are any issues with your product. So leave the sweating and swearing for your training, and let us take care of the rest!
- Made from high-grade steel with a 150K psi tensile strength rating.
- Has a maximum load of 1000 lbs
- Coated in black phosphate and chrome for durability
- Has needle bearings for a smooth spin during dynamic lifts
- Comes with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.
- No warranty information provided
- Does not give any information about the company’s manufacturing standards.
- Does not mention the dimensions of the barbell
2. CAP Foot Solid: Best Budget Barbell Plates
- Construction – Made From High-Quality Solid Cold Rolled Steel With a Black Powder Coat Finish; Collars Not Included; 30-Day Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Features – Medium-Depth Diamond Knurling for a Secure Grip; Rotating Sleeves to Reduce Pressure on Wrists and Forearms
- VERSATILE – Get a full body workout or target specific muscle groups; Perform a wide range of exercises ranging from bench presses to squats and everything in between
- SPECS – Measures 1525 millimeter (60-inches) in length; 9.75-inch loadable sleeve length; 28 millimeter diameter for handgrips; 2-inch sleeve diameter to accommodate Olympic (2-inch) weights; 63,800 PSI tensile strength steel; Shaft length of 37”
- TRUST – Trust experience; CAP has been a pioneer in the fitness industry for over 30 years and has locations worldwide; Chances are, if you have ever worked out before, you have used a CAP product
The CAP 5-Foot Solid Olympic Bar is a heavy-duty bar constructed from high-quality solid cold rolled steel with a black powder coat finish. The bar offers a secure grip with its medium-depth diamond knurled handgrips and measures 1525mm in length and 63,800 PSI tensile strength steel. The length between the sleeves is 37" and the sleeve diameter is 2" to accommodate Olympic (2-inch) weights. The bar also features rotating sleeves to reduce pressure on wrists and forearms.
This bar is highly versatile and can be used to target specific muscle groups and perform a wide range of exercises, from bench presses to squats and everything in between. You can trust the quality of this bar, as CAP has been a pioneer in the fitness industry for over 30 years and has locations worldwide. With over 1000 products in over 30 categories, CAP provides the quality and reliability that you need for your workout.
The CAP 5-Foot Solid Olympic Bar in Black comes with a 30-day manufacturer’s warranty, so you can be sure that it is made from high-quality materials and will provide balance and long-lasting performance. Whether you’re looking for a full-body workout or to target specific muscle groups, the CAP 5-Foot Solid Olympic Bar in Black is the perfect choice for your fitness needs.
- Made of high-quality solid cold-rolled steel with a black powder coat finish
- Medium-depth diamond knurling for a secure grip
- Rotating sleeves to reduce pressure on wrists and forearms
- Suitable for a wide range of exercises
- Made by a reputable company with 30 years of experience in the fitness industry
- Collars not included
- Certain weight benches may not be compatible
- The 30-day manufacturer’s warranty has restrictions and details must be read carefully.
3. Everyday Essentials: Top Olympic Barbells Under $300
- 350-Pound capacity
- 2 bar end diameter
- Knurling positions for safety
- Sport Type: Bodybuilding. Examples of barbell resistance training are squats, bench presses, barbell rows, shoulder presses, deadlifts and curls to name a few
- : Barbell exercises are a form of resistance training. Resistance training is using your muscles to move resistance, usually, weights
- This Olympic-style curl bar can be used for a wide variety of resistance training exercises including squats, bench presses, deadlifting
- Olympic Super Curl Barbell Curl Bar, 48 inch (350 lb Weight Capacity), Silver (CB4S)
BalanceFrom Cast Iron Olympic 2-Inch Plates are the perfect choice for strength training, weightlifting, and Crossfit. With a capacity of 350 pounds, these plates are designed with knurling positions for increased safety and better handling. The 2-inch bar end diameter is the perfect size to fit any standard weight plates with a 2-inch center hole. The Chrome plated bar has a weight of 20 pounds and is equipped with a bearing for easier and smoother exercise.
This product is ideal for those who are looking to improve their strength and fitness. With the knurling positions, it is easier to perform exercises such as squats, bench presses, barbell rows, shoulder presses, deadlifts, and curls. The 350-pound capacity ensures that you can safely and securely lift the weight with confidence. The 2-inch diameter ensures that the plates fit any standard weight plates with a 2-inch center hole.
The Chrome plated bar also has to bear for smoother and easier exercise. This product is perfect for any fitness enthusiast that wants to improve their strength and exercise with ease. With the knurling positions for safety and convenience and the capacity of 350 pounds, this product is the perfect choice for anyone looking to improve their fitness and strength.
- 350-pound weight capacity
- Multiple knurling positions for safety
- 2-inch bar end diameter fits standard weight plates
- Chrome plated for durability
- Comes with a bearing for smooth and easier exercise.
- Plates and collars are not included
- Only 4 feet long
- Not suitable for use in Olympic weightlifting.
4. Sporzon Best Budget Olympic Barbell
- 1-inch or 2-inch diameter bars at the length and color of your choice: 5-Foot, 6-Foot, 7-Foot
- Bars are chrome plated with solid steel construction for repeated use and long lasting
- Multiple knurling positions and lengths for your convenience and safety. All bars are rated 700-Pound capacity
- 0.97 or 1.97 bar end diameter to ensure bars fit all standard plates with holes 1 or 2; Can be used with dumbbell plates too
- Bars only. Plates and collars are not included
- This Olympic-quality barbell is built for standard strength training and weight lifting routines such as squats, shoulder and bench presses, bent-over rows, and
- Standard Weightlifting Barbell
Exercising with barbells is a great way to build strength and increase muscle mass. Sporzon! Olympic Barbell Standard Weightlifting Bars are ideal for those looking to take their fitness routine to the next level. With a solid steel construction and chrome plating, these bars are designed to last and can handle a maximum weight of 700 pounds. Plus, with a choice of 1-inch or 2-inch bar diameter, and lengths of 5-foot, 6-foot, or 7-foot, you can find a barbell that perfectly suits your needs.
The Sporzon! Barbells are made from one solid piece, so you don't need to worry about the bar and ends separating. Plus, multiple knurling positions and lengths are designed for safety, better handling, and convenience. The barbells also feature a 1” or 2” bar end diameter, allowing them to fit all standard plates with 1-inch or 2-inch holes, and even dumbbell plates.
Whether you’re new to barbell exercises or a seasoned weightlifter, the Sporzon! Olympic Barbell Standard Weightlifting Barbell is a great choice for hitting your fitness goals. With its strength, durability, and multiple sizes, it’s the perfect addition to your home gym.
- Solid steel construction for repeated use and long-lasting.
- Multiple knurling positions and lengths for safety and convenience.
- Rated 700-pound capacity.
- Fits standard plates with 1″ or 2″ holes.
- Can be used with dumbbell plates as well.
- Plates and collars are not included.
- The Bar end diameter is fixed at either 1″ or 2″.
- Only available in chrome finish
5. RitFit foot: Best Barbell For Home Gym
- 【Specialty Weightlifting Bar】 Weight Capacity: 500/700/1000 LBS; Bar Weight: 42 pounds; Overall Length:86.6 inch; Grip Diameter: 28mm; Loadable Sleeve Length:16 inch; Plate position diameter: 2 inch
- 【Build to Last】 Built to the highest standard using high-quality steel materials, barbells feature an oxide finish and are built to be durable for a lifetime of quality weight lifting.
- 【The Best Choice for You and Your Home Gym】 The hybrid bars are intended to be used as a general-purpose bar that is suitable for the Olympic lifts but can also handle the slower, heavier power lifts, perfect for most athletes, and ideal in home gym and garage gym settings. The Volcano knurling type on the grip provides enough friction to grip. All the 2-inch weight plates are suitable for the bar.
- 【6 Different Options】 RitFit Olympic Bars provide 4ft/5ft/6ft/7ft length to choose from. Whether you’re a newbie, intermediate, or elite athlete, you can find a bar good for you. We provide rackable barbells for most weightlifting exercises, and also provide uncrackable barbells for lightweight workouts.
- 【Warranty】RitFit Weight Bar is rugged and durable enough to come with a LIFETIME WARRANTY against Bending.
- Olympic Barbell Bar, General Purpose Weight Bar Suitable for Olympic Lifts and Power Lifts and Bench Press, 700LBS Capacity
The RitFit Olympic Bar is a must-have for any weight-lifting enthusiast. It is made from high-quality steel, with an oxide finish, and is built to last a lifetime. This barbell can handle a variety of exercises, from Olympic lifts to power lifts. The hybrid barbell comes in four lengths, 4ft, 5ft, 6ft, and 7ft, so there is a suitable bar for everyone, from beginner to elite athletes. The knurling on the grip provides the necessary friction to hold on, and all 2-inch plates are compatible.
The RitFit Power Bar is designed to meet the highest standards of strength. Precision-engineered from a special high-strength, stress-proof alloy steel with an oxide finish, this barbell can handle any workout. It is designed with a 16-inch sleeve length and a wide 28mm grip diameter, making it the ultimate power bar.
This barbell is made to last and comes with a lifetime warranty against bending. It is the perfect choice for a home gym or garage gym setting and is suitable for a variety of weightlifting exercises. The RitFit Olympic Bar is the ideal choice for any weight-lifting enthusiast.
- The RitFit Olympic Barbell Bar is made of high-quality steel materials and has an oxide finish, making it durable and suitable for a lifetime of weightlifting.
- The bar is available in 4 different lengths (4ft, 5ft, 6ft, and 7ft) to accommodate different users.
- The bar features a hybrid design, making it suitable for both Olympic and powerlifting exercises.
- The bar comes with a lifetime warranty against bending.
- The bar is equipped with needle bearings for a smoother, quieter spin and a more reliable turnover at maximum loads.
- The bar is not specified with any standard or certification
- There is no mention of the warranty covering any rusting or corrosion
- While the bar is described as suitable for most athletes, it is not clear if it would be suitable for more extreme or professional weightlifters.
6. FITNESS: Olympic Barbells Under 300 USD
- CLASSIC STYLE: Our reliable 45 pound, 7-foot barbell is capable of supporting up to 700 lbs, 2” olympic weighted plates, the piece of equipment is a must for your in-home gym routine and can easily be incorporated into deadlifts and bench presses
- PROFESSIONAL, STURDY CONSTRUCTION: Our crossfit barbells can withstand significant weight over an extended period of time, with a high-quality chrome surface, the shaft of each bar is comprised of resilient steel that won’t bend or damage under duress
- VERSATILE, MULTI-USE: Equipped with a medium-depth, diamond-shaped knurling grip, be confident knowing you can always rely on a non-slip handle that offers 1.2” of girth, our barbells are comfortable supplies that improve upper and lower body strength
- STABILIZING PLATES: This deadlift barbell is designed to ensure your weights stay in place during prolonged use and intense exertion, in addition, it brandishes a brass bushings which allow for a smooth sleeve rotation to reduce wear
- SUITABLE FOR TEACHING: The lifting bars work for muscle toning and conditioning, they are best for beginners, and make ideal teaching tools for proper technique and range of motion in a commercial club and gym, or in your personal home or garage
- -2, 700 Pound Capacity, 7’ by D1F for Weightlifting, Bench Pressing, Bodybuilding, Powerlifting -Durable Bar -Heavy-Duty Steel Bars & Barbells, Accommodates 2 inchPlates
Our 45-pound, 7-foot barbell is a reliable piece of equipment that can hold up to 700 pounds. Constructed of high-quality chrome steel, the bar is designed to withstand significant weight and last for a long time. The bar has a medium-depth diamond-shaped knurling grip to give you a non-slip experience with 1.2 inches of girth. The brass bushings allow for a smooth sleeve rotation and reduce wear.
This barbell is perfect for any in-home gym routine and is suitable for teaching proper technique and range of motion. It is ideal for beginners and can be used for deadlifts, bench presses, muscle toning, and conditioning. This barbell is designed to keep your weights in place and provide a maximum capacity of 700 lbs.
Our barbell is a must-have for your gym routine and is a great addition to any home or commercial gym. It is made of heavy-duty steel and is capable of supporting up to 700 lbs. The durable design ensures that your barbell lasts a long time and the knurling grip allows you to have a secure and comfortable experience. If you are looking for a reliable barbell that can hold up to 700 lbs, this barbell is a perfect choice.
- Can support up to 700 lbs of weight.
- Made of heavy-duty steel that won’t bend or damage.
- Equipped with a non-slip handle for comfortable use.
- Designed to keep weights in place during use.
- Comes with a free eBook for guidance on proper techniques.
- Only supports 2″ Olympic plates.
- Only has a 30mm grip.
- Only designed and manufactured in the United States.
7. beenimed Best Olympic Barbells Under 300 Dollars
- city Weightlifting BarSmooth rotating sleeve prevents deformation or deformation and reduces excessive pressure on the wrist. Needle bearings allow for a smoother, quieter spin and a more reliable turnover at maximum loads.
- ld to LastThe Olympic barbell High-grade metal structure coated with rust-proof silver surface. and are built to be durable for quality weight lifting.
- Best Choice for You and Your Home GymThe hybrid bars are intended to be used as a general-purpose bar that is suitable for Olympic lifts but can also handle the slower, heavier power lifts, These Olympic barbells are Ideal for muscle exercise, bone health, muscle exercise, etc, especially for upper body exercises to improve such and jerk skills.
- mpic BarsOlympic Bars provide 7-foot Length to choose from. Whether you’re a newbie, intermediate, or elite athlete, you can find a bar good for you.
- vy-duty constructionThis fitness organizer is made of Q235 carbon steel and is structurally strong and does not collapse under heavy loads. Get the benefits of effective training in your home gym with features, style and convenience.
- Bar 6/7 feet Weight Bar with Two Spring Collars, Solid Iron Weighted Workout Barbell Weight Straight Weightlifting Technique Bar for Home/Gym
This Olympic Barbell Bar from Beenimed is designed to provide maximum comfort and stability while performing strength training exercises. It is 6/7 feet in length and comes with two spring collars. The bar is made of solid iron, making it strong and durable, and its rotating sleeve prevents deformation and reduces excess pressure on the wrists. It also features needle bearings that allow for a smoother, quieter spin and better turnover at heavy loads.
The Beenimed 7’ Olympic Barbell is designed to be an all-purpose bar that can handle Olympic lifts as well as slower, heavier power lifts. It is ideal for muscle building, bone health, and improving snatch and jerk skills. With its 7-foot length, it is suitable for athletes of all levels. It is also made of Q235 carbon steel, making it structurally strong and reliable under heavy loads.
This barbell is perfect for any home gym and is easy to use. With its smooth rotation and sturdy structure, it is sure to provide effective training and improved performance. Its middle-of-the-road flexibility makes it great for snatches, cleans, bench presses, squats, and deadlifts. So whether you’re a beginner or a pro, the Beenimed 7’ Olympic Barbell is perfect for any weightlifting workout.
- The bar has a smooth rotating sleeve that prevents deformation and reduces pressure on the wrist.
- The bar is made of high-grade metal and coated with a rust-proof silver surface for durability.
- The bar is intended to be used as a general-purpose bar suitable for Olympic and powerlifting exercises.
- The bar is 7 feet long and suitable for all skill levels.
- The bar is made of Q235 carbon steel, which is structurally strong and can handle heavy loads.
- The bar may not be suitable for people looking for a more flexible or stiff bar.
- The bar may be too long for some people or not fit in certain home gyms.
- The bar only comes with one weightlifting rod and a sports bandage and does not include any additional weights or collars.
8. Rep Gladiator
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN DESIGN: The Gladiator is a true Olympic bar that is 28mm diameter (25mm for 15kg) for an easy grip and optimal whip. It has a 230k tensile strength with a 1500 lb rating - bending this bar will not be an issue. We recommend the Gladiator for any athlete looking for a great mixed-use barbell that will perform day in and day out.
- MEDIUM-DEPTH KNURL: This barbell has plenty of grip for your heavy lifts, but its not shark tooth knurl that rips up your hands during high rep workouts. The dual knurl markings are ideal for weightlifting, powerlifting, Cross Training workouts, and HIIT.
- SUPERIOR SPIN: With needle bearings in each sleeve, the spin is smooth and the turn-over during cleans and snatches is phenomenal.
- DURABLE COATING: Hard chrome coating has the most rust resistance and lowest maintenance of any coating available. It Outlasts and outperforms cheaper oxide coatings, so your bar will stay looking great.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: Rep Fitness is a full-service equipment company based in Denver, Colorado. We carry a complete line of strength and conditioning equipment including benches, barbells, dumbbells, racks, cardio equipment and more!
- Olympic Bar - 1500 lb Rated - 15 kg
The REP FITNESS Gladiator Olympic Bar is the perfect barbell for any athlete looking for a top-quality mixed-use barbell. With a 28mm diameter, it provides an easy grip and optimal whip. The bar has a 230K tensile strength with a 1500lb rating, so it can easily handle heavy lifts. The dual knurl markings make it ideal for weightlifting, powerlifting, Cross Training workouts, and HIIT.
The Gladiator also features superior spin, thanks to the needle bearings in each sleeve. This allows for smooth spinning and great turn-over during cleans and snatches. The hard chrome coating is also highly durable and rust-resistance, allowing your bar to stay looking great while withstanding regular use.
With its professional features and great value, the REP FITNESS Gladiator Olympic Bar is the perfect choice for any athlete looking for a quality barbell. From its superior spin to its hard chrome coating, the Gladiator is sure to deliver reliable performance that won't disappoint.
- 1500 lb weight rating
- Needle bearing rotation for smooth spin
- Durable hard chrome coating
- Medium-depth knurling for grip
- Dual knurl markings for weightlifting and powerlifting
- No center knurl for athletes who prefer it
- Only available in 15kg and 20kg options
- May be more expensive than other barbells on the market.
9. Titan Fitness
- TRAIN YOUR FORM: The Titan Fitness Technique Olympic Bar allows youth and beginners to train on form and technique before moving to an Olympic bar.
- SINGLE KNURL MARKS: The chrome Technique Bar includes single standard Olympic knurl marks in a medium pattern.
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: The 15KG Technique Bar features a stainless-steel 28MM shaft with a tensile strength of 21,145 PSI and is paired with 10-in chrome finished sleeves with brass bushing and bearings.
- PAIR WITH A SET OF BUMPER PLATES: The Titan Fitness Technique Weight Plates are perfect for practicing your lifting technique without adding the extra weight of heavier bumpers. These discs are made from a proprietary blend of polymers developed specifically for long-lasting performance and durability.
- LOCK-IN: Keep plates on your bar with PROLOC 1 Collars. These collars are built for Olympic-size weightlifting equipment. They have an easy screw top that presses down onto the barbell sleeve with a cylindrical bit. Keeping your plates in place with a simple turn of the screw top. Sold separately.
- 72-in Olympic Technique Bar 15KG 28mm Chrome Barbell Weightlifting
The Titan Fitness 72-in Olympic Technique Bar is a 15KG chrome barbell designed for weightlifting and form training. The bar is 28mm in diameter and is constructed with a stainless-steel shaft that has a tensile strength of 21,145 PSI. The bar is paired with 10-inch chrome finished sleeves that feature brass bushing and bearings. This bar is specifically designed for youth and beginners to train on form and technique before moving on to a heavier Olympic bar.
The chrome Technique Bar includes single standard Olympic knurl marks in a medium pattern, which provides a good grip for the user. The knurl mark is intended to help users maintain a secure and consistent grip during weightlifting exercises. The barbell is made with quality construction and is therefore durable and long-lasting.
The Titan Fitness Technique Weight Plates are designed specifically to be used with this bar and are perfect for practicing your lifting technique without adding the extra weight of heavier bumpers. These plates are made from a proprietary blend of polymers developed specifically for long-lasting performance and durability.
- The Titan Fitness 72-in Olympic Technique Bar is a great option for youth and beginners to train on form and technique before moving on to a heavier Olympic bar.
- The chrome Technique Bar includes single standard Olympic knurl marks in a medium pattern, which provides a good grip for the user.
- The 15KG Technique Bar is made from quality construction, with a stainless-steel 28MM shaft that has a tensile strength of 21,145 PSI, paired with 10-in chrome finished sleeves with brass bushing and bearings.
- The Titan Fitness Technique Weight Plates are designed specifically to be used with this bar.
- The PROLOC 1 Collars are sold separately but are built for Olympic-size weightlifting equipment.
- The barbell does not come with the collars, you need to purchase it separately which will add to the cost
- Only a single knurl mark may be limiting for users who want to use the bar in more advanced exercises.
- The technique plates are made from a proprietary blend of polymers which might not be as durable as iron plates.
How To Choose The Best Olympic Barbells Under $300 | Unrivaled Guide 2023
There are many types of Olympic barbells, so you'll have to try them yourself to see which one is best for you. Two seemingly identical bars may actually feel quite different.
However, most people purchase their sporting goods online, where they can save more money and buy a wider variety. If you buy an Olympic bar in a store, you can't test it with a loaded sleeve or drop it to see how the bearings hold up. So when comparing Olympic barbells, it is best to focus on these six specifications
- Dumbbell Strength
We would like to say that you should not be too concerned about the price when buying Olympic bars, but the truth is that you get back what you pay for.
- High-quality Olympic bars are made from high-quality steel (as opposed to recycled refrigerators). Heat treatment is used to strengthen the steel and prevent rust.
- In addition to the bar itself, you also pay for the bearings that give the bar its rotation. With cheap barbells, the bearings can break (especially on uneven drops) or the ends can come off.
Dumbbell strength is measured in two main ways
This is the amount of force required to pull steel apart. The unit is PSI (Pounds per Square inch). The most common tensile strength for dumbbells is 130k to 220k.
This is a measure of the weight a dumbbell can support without permanent deformation.
Of the two methods of measurement, tensile strength is the more reliable.
To measure tensile strength, the manufacturer must test the metal. This is a very accurate number. Unfortunately, many manufacturers do not indicate the tensile strength of their dumbbells.
However, you should trust what the manufacturer says the yield strength is. The gym where I used to work had two different Ollie dumbbells with a capacity of 1000 pounds each. One held up very well. The other one was 600lbs and buckled after a year. But people were impressed with advertising claims like "Rated for 1000lbs" and manufacturers kept quoting these numbers.
Tensile Strength, Whip
The higher the tensile strength of an old bar, the less whip it has. Therefore, barbells with higher tensile strength are better suited for weightlifting. For weightlifting, a lower tensile strength is required.
Many manufacturers indicate the degree of knurling in dumbbells, such as "light," "medium," and "aggressive." Most Olympic dumbbells are moderately knurled.
Unfortunately, these descriptions are not always accurate. For comments about knurling, we recommend reading our review of the best Olympic dumbbells. If you have small hands or do heavy exercises, you will want a more aggressive knurling process, even if it tears your hands.
You also want to make sure that the olive bar has a center knurl. Traditionally, men's bars have a center knurl, while women's Oly bars do not.
However, many lifters prefer Oly bars without a center knurl. This way, they do not tear their necks and chests during the clean and jerk. Barbell pads may be used.
Not sure what a dumbbell cover is? You are not alone. There are several different types of coatings, and Oly dumbbells even have different coatings on the shaft and sleeve.
- More expensive
- Improved corrosion resistance
- Impressive appearance
- The finish will always chip or peel
Dumbbell sleeves contain bearings to keep them spinning. Even if you don't care much about effectiveness, bearings are important. Cheap bearings break and the sleeve falls off the barbell!
Of course, you can prevent bearing damage by dropping the bar evenly and not overloading it beyond capacity.
Rings are fitted between the barbell's outer sleeve and inner sleeve to reduce friction. Pictures of the rings can be found here.
- Less effective
- Durable and maintenance free
- Good for Crossfit, slow lifts, and those on a budget.
- Needle bearings are superior to ball bearings
- Suitable for high-speed lifting
- Lubrication and maintenance required
For an Olympic bar under $300, I wouldn't worry too much about the warranty. If the bar is bent (and it will be), the warranty will probably have to cover the shipping costs. You'd be wasting more money on shipping than the value of the bar.
Once you start spending a little more money on the Olympic bar, you should pay attention to the warranty. A lifetime warranty is a sign of a quality bar. Warranties on mid-range machines range from 2 to 5 years. Just be aware that these warranties rarely cover bearings.
What Is The Trade-Off With Cheap Dumbbells?
Material And Load Capacity
Inexpensive dumbbells may be made of low-quality steel and have low tensile strength (a value that indicates how much weight a dumbbell can support before it breaks).
However, tensile strength is not the only consideration when looking for dumbbells. You should also consider yield strength, which indicates how much weight a dumbbell can support before it is permanently deformed.
Some cheap dumbbells have high tensile strength but low yield strength, so it is important to consider both criteria when purchasing dumbbells.
Cheap dumbbells have a cheap finish that can rust quickly or fade to a strange color. Some dumbbells have handles with this cheap finish, which can rub against the plate inserts and make it difficult to attach and detach the plates.
The use of slow-rotation dumbbells is great for powerlifting and general strength training but is not recommended for snatches or clean jerks.
Both are dynamic and powerful movements, but the rotation allows the handle to rotate freely so that the force of the weight being moved with each lift is not transmitted directly to the lifter's joints.
Inexpensive dumbbells often use bushings instead of needle bearings, and the bushings do not rotate as fast or as smoothly. So if you want to save money, you may have to put up with dumbbells that don't rotate as fast, even if you do a lot of Olympic weightlifting.
In my experience, inexpensive dumbbells are either super aggressive knurled or very passive knurled. Knurling is necessary to make it easier to grip, but it should not be so sharp that you cut yourself every time you use the dumbbell.
Best Olympic Barbells Under $300 | Video Explanation
How much should an Olympic barbell cost?
The average price of an Olympic barbell is $351, based on data from 115 barbells. Prices range from $85 to $1,071. However, it is possible to get a barbell that will last a lifetime for about $250. Quality varies widely depending on the dumbbells surveyed.
How do I choose an Olympic barbell?
What size should I choose? The size of the dumbbell is important. Length and diameter will vary depending on the whippiness you are looking for, but most dumbbells are 28-29 mm in diameter and should not be any smaller. Most Olympic bars are 28-28.5mm, and most squat bars are 29mm.
Is a 2m barbell too long?
The optimal barbell length for your training needs depends on the exercises you are doing and the other equipment available to you. However, generally speaking, a 2.5-meter barbell is better than a 2.5-meter or 1.5-meter barbell because it allows you to do more training.
How Much Should I Pay For An Olympic Barbell?
The price of an Olympic barbell can vary greatly depending on its quality, brand, and features. Generally, you can expect to pay anywhere from $100 to $500 or more for a high-quality Olympic barbell.
Here are some factors that can affect the price of an Olympic barbell:
- Material: Barbell prices can vary based on the materials used to make them. High-quality Olympic barbells are typically made of durable materials like stainless steel, which can increase their price.
- Weight capacity: The weight capacity of an Olympic barbell can also affect its price. A barbell with a higher weight capacity will typically cost more than one with a lower weight capacity.
- Brand: Olympic barbells from well-known brands may cost more than those from lesser-known brands, as you may be paying for the reputation of the brand.
- Knurling and grip: Olympic barbells with higher-quality knurling and grip will typically cost more than those with a lower-quality grip.
Ultimately, the price you should pay for an Olympic barbell will depend on your budget and the features that are most important to you. It's important to do your research and compare prices from different brands before making a purchase.
What Brand Of Barbell Is Used In The Olympics?
The brand of barbell used in the Olympics can vary depending on the host country and the organizing committee. However, the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF), which governs weightlifting in the Olympics, has established standards for the specifications and quality of the barbells used in competitions.
According to the IWF guidelines, Olympic barbells must weigh 20kg for men and 15kg for women, with a diameter of 28mm for men and 25mm for women. The barbell must also have rotating sleeves to allow for smoother movement during lifts, and must be able to withstand a specified amount of weight without bending or breaking.
While the brand of barbell used in the Olympics may not be consistent, many high-quality barbell manufacturers produce Olympic barbells that meet the IWF's specifications. Some popular brands of Olympic barbells include Eleiko, Rogue Fitness, and Werksan.
What Size Olympic Bar Is Best?
The best size for an Olympic barbell will depend on your individual needs and preferences, as well as the type of exercise you plan to do with the barbell. Here are some factors to consider when choosing the size of your Olympic bar:
- Length: The standard length for an Olympic barbell is 7 feet, or 2.2 meters. However, there are also shorter and longer bars available, ranging from 5 feet to 8 feet in length. A 7-foot barbell is a good option for most people, as it is long enough to accommodate a wide range of exercises while still being manageable to handle.
- Weight capacity: Olympic barbells are designed to handle a certain amount of weight, typically ranging from 800 to 1500 pounds. The weight capacity you choose should be based on your current and future lifting goals.
- Diameter: The diameter of an Olympic barbell can vary, but the standard diameter is 28mm for men and 25mm for women. A thicker bar may be more comfortable for people with larger hands or those who prefer a more secure grip.
- Knurling: The knurling on an Olympic barbell can vary in texture and placement. A more aggressive knurling can provide a better grip, but may also be uncomfortable for some people.
Ultimately, the best size for your Olympic barbell will depend on your individual needs and preferences. It's important to choose a barbell that is comfortable to handle, can accommodate your lifting goals, and is made from high-quality materials.
How Do I Know If My Olympic Barbell Is Good?
There are several factors to consider when determining if your Olympic barbell is good. Here are some things to look for:
- Weight capacity: A good Olympic barbell should be able to handle a significant amount of weight without bending or breaking. Check the weight capacity of your barbell to ensure that it is suitable for your current and future lifting goals.
- Material: High-quality Olympic barbells are typically made from durable materials like stainless steel or chrome-plated steel. Make sure that your barbell is made from high-quality materials that can withstand the wear and tear of regular use.
- Knurling: The knurling on your barbell should provide a secure grip without being too abrasive or uncomfortable. Check the texture and placement of the knurling on your barbell to ensure that it is suitable for your lifting style.
- Spin: A good Olympic barbell should have a smooth, consistent spin on the sleeves. Test the spin of your barbell to ensure that it is smooth and consistent.
- Straightness: A good Olympic barbell should be straight, with no visible bends or curves. Check the straightness of your barbell to ensure that it is not damaged or warped.
- Brand reputation: Olympic barbells from well-known, reputable brands are generally a good indication of quality. Research the brand of your barbell to ensure that it has a good reputation for producing high-quality equipment.
Ultimately, the best way to determine if your Olympic barbell is good is to use it for your lifting routine and see how it performs.
How Heavy Is A 7-Foot Olympic Bar?
A standard 7-foot Olympic barbell typically weighs 20kg or approximately 44 pounds. However, there are also lighter and heavier options available, depending on the brand and the specifications of the barbell.
Is An Olympic Bar 20kg?
Yes, a standard Olympic barbell is typically 20kg in weight. However, there are also lighter and heavier options available, depending on the brand and the specifications of the barbell.
How Do I Choose An Olympic Bar?
When choosing an Olympic barbell, there are several factors to consider:
- Purpose: Consider the type of exercises you will be doing with the barbell, such as powerlifting, Olympic weightlifting, or general strength training. Some barbells are designed specifically for certain types of exercises, so choose one that suits your needs.
- Weight capacity: Check the weight capacity of the barbell to ensure that it can handle the amount of weight you will be lifting. Most standard Olympic barbells can handle between 800 and 1500 pounds, but some are rated for higher or lower weights.
- Material: Look for a barbell made from high-quality materials, such as stainless steel or chrome-plated steel. The material should be durable and able to withstand regular use.
- Knurling: Check the texture and placement of the knurling on the barbell to ensure that it provides a secure grip without being too abrasive or uncomfortable.
- Spin: Look for a barbell with a smooth, consistent spin on the sleeves, which can help reduce wrist strain and improve your lifting performance.
- Brand reputation: Consider the reputation of the brand when choosing an Olympic barbell. Look for brands that are well-known for producing high-quality equipment and have a good track record of customer satisfaction.
Do Olympic Bars Rust?
Yes, Olympic bars can rust if they are not properly cared for. Most Olympic bars are made from steel, which can rust if it is exposed to moisture or humidity. Over time, rust can weaken the structural integrity of the bar and cause it to become brittle or corroded.
To prevent rust on your Olympic bar, it is important to take proper care of it. Here are some tips:
- Store your barbell in a dry, cool place: Moisture and humidity are the main culprits of rust on Olympic bars. Store your barbell in a dry place, away from moisture and humidity.
- Keep your barbell clean: Regularly clean your barbell with a dry or slightly damp cloth. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the bar's finish.
- Apply a protective coating: There are various protective coatings available that can help prevent rust on your Olympic bar. Some barbell manufacturers offer their own protective coatings, or you can purchase a rust-preventative spray or oil.
- Use a barbell cover: A barbell cover can help protect your Olympic bar from moisture and humidity, especially if you plan to store it in a damp or humid environment.
By taking proper care of your Olympic bar, you can help prevent rust and extend the life of your equipment.
Do Most Gyms Use Olympic Barbells?
Yes, most gyms use Olympic barbells. Olympic barbells are a standard piece of equipment in many gyms, especially those that cater to powerlifting, Olympic weightlifting, or general strength training.
Olympic barbells are preferred by many lifters because they are sturdier, have a higher weight capacity, and are better suited for compound lifts like squats, deadlifts, and bench presses. They also have a standardized design, making it easier for lifters to transition between different gyms and competitions.
Most gyms will have several Olympic barbells available, with different weight capacities and specifications to suit different lifting goals and abilities. Some gyms may also have specialized Olympic barbells, such as women's bars, powerlifting bars, or competition bars.
Are Olympic Bars 25kg?
No, Olympic bars are typically 20kg, not 25kg. A standard Olympic barbell weighs 20kg or approximately 44 pounds. However, there are also lighter and heavier options available, depending on the brand and the specifications of the barbell.
It is worth noting that some manufacturers produce bars that are marketed as "women's bars" or "training bars," which may weigh less than a standard Olympic barbell. These bars are typically lighter and designed with smaller grips, making them more comfortable for lifters with smaller hands. However, they are not used in official Olympic weightlifting competitions.
How Heavy Is Olympic Bar Kg?
A standard Olympic barbell typically weighs 20kg, or approximately 44 pounds. However, there are also lighter and heavier options available, depending on the brand and the specifications of the barbell.
Are All Olympic Bar 45 Lbs?
No, not all Olympic barbells are 45 pounds. A standard Olympic barbell typically weighs 20kg, or approximately 44 pounds. However, there are also lighter and heavier options available, depending on the brand and the specifications of the barbell. Some barbells are marketed as "women's bars" or "training bars" and may weigh less than a standard Olympic barbell.
It's worth noting that 45 pounds is the weight equivalent of 20.4 kilograms, which is very close to the standard weight of an Olympic barbell.
How Long Should A Barbell Last?
The lifespan of a barbell can vary depending on the quality of the barbell, the frequency of use, and the care taken to maintain it. However, with proper care, a high-quality barbell can last for many years.
Here are some tips to help extend the lifespan of your barbell:
- Store your barbell in a dry, cool place.
- Clean your barbell regularly with a dry or slightly damp cloth.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners.
- Apply a protective coating to help prevent rust.
- Avoid dropping the barbell on hard surfaces or using it for activities it's not designed for.
- Check the barbell regularly for signs of wear and tear, such as bent sleeves, loose collars, or damaged knurling.
- Replace the barbell if it shows signs of significant wear or damage.
If you take proper care of your barbell and use it as intended, it should last for many years.
What Is The Difference Between 6ft And 7ft Olympic Bar?
The main difference between a 6ft and 7ft Olympic bar is the length. A standard Olympic bar is 7 feet long, or approximately 2.13 meters. A 6ft Olympic bar is shorter, usually around 6 feet long, or approximately 1.83 meters.
In terms of weight capacity, the two bars can be similar, although a 7ft Olympic bar is typically stronger and has a higher weight capacity. A standard 7ft Olympic bar typically has a weight capacity of around 700-1500 pounds, depending on the manufacturer and the specific model. A 6ft Olympic bar may have a lower weight capacity, typically around 300-500 pounds.
The length of the bar can affect the types of exercises you can perform with it. A 7ft bar is best for exercises that require a wider grip, such as squats, deadlifts, and bench presses. A 6ft bar may be better suited for exercises with a narrower grip, such as curls or rows.
How Heavy Are Olympic Bars?
A standard Olympic barbell typically weighs 20kg, or approximately 44 pounds. However, there are also lighter and heavier options available, depending on the brand and the specifications of the barbell.
Some manufacturers produce bars that are marketed as "women's bars" or "training bars," which may weigh less than a standard Olympic barbell. These bars are typically lighter and designed with smaller grips, making them more comfortable for lifters with smaller hands.
There are also specialized Olympic bars available, such as powerlifting bars or competition bars, which may be heavier or have different specifications. However, a standard Olympic barbell weighs 20kg or 44 pounds.
Likewise, the knurling should not be so soft that it slips out of your hand with each repetition. I hope my product review and research on these affordable Olympic dumbbells will be helpful to you and that the health benefits of weightlifting will also be inspiring. Hope this article is helpful for you and you will find the Best Olympic Barbells Under $300
I wish you the best of luck in your fitness journey.
Hi, I am Matt Storace and I am a former personal trainer and founder of Beast Biceps. We had to find ways to train at home. When I started looking for the equipment I needed, I quickly realized that there were no good resources online. So I created Beast Biceps. It is a treasure trove of information developed from my experience and research. Read More Here
Leave a Reply