Trap bars are one of the most versatile specialty bars you can own. It offers several benefits, including athletic performance, injury recovery, injury prevention, and proper technique.
In addition to these benefits, trap bar exercises include many of the basic elements of strength and conditioning, such as deadlifts, rows, shrugs, carries, and lunges.
Best Trap Bar For Home Gym
The trap bar has evolved tremendously in recent years. They now come in a variety of styles and features, further expanding the variety of training options. Other differences in price, handles, sleeves, and load capacity can be difficult to sort through.
In this article, we’ll show you Best Trap Bar For Home Gym 2022 and why owning a trapeze bar is a good idea. Whether you are a beginner looking to learn the proper hip hinge mechanics or an advanced trapeze bar owner looking to take your training to the next level, this article is for you.
Let’s get started!
Best Trap Bar For Home Gym | Comparison Table 2022
|Titan Fitness Hex Trap Bar, 2-inch Olympic Weightlifting Barbell, Rated 500 LB, Knurled Grips, Deadlifts, Bent Over Rows, Squat Jumps||TITAN FITNESS||Check Price|
|BalanceFrom Olympic 2-Inch Hex Weight Lifting Trap Bar, 1000-Pound Capacity, black (EE-HEX-BLK)||BalanceFrom||Check Price|
|Sunny Health & Fitness Olympic Hex Barbell Trap Bar - OB-TRAP||Sunny Health & Fitness||Check Price|
|Marcy Olympic Hex Bar, Trap Bar for Squats, Deadlifts and Shrugs, Powder-Coated Finish HTB-6976||Marcy||Check Price|
|Synergee 20kg and 25kg Chrome or Black Olympic Hex Barbell Trap Bar with Flat or Raised Handles for Squats, Deadlifts, Shrugs. 56” Long Bar with 10” Sleeve||Synergee||Check Price|
|ProsourceFit Multi-Grip Lite Pull Up/Chin Up Bar, Heavy Duty Doorway Upper Body Workout Bar for Home Gyms 24”-32” (ps-1240-cu-basic), Black||ProsourceFit||Check Price|
|Iron Gym Pull Up Bar & Ab Straps - Total Upper Body Workout Bar for Doorway, Adjustable Width Locking, No Screws Portable Door Frame Horizontal Chin-up Bar, Fitness Exercise||Iron Gym||Check Price|
|Yes4All LAT Cable Attachment, Tricep Press Down Bar with Diamond Knurl Handle, Support up to 880 lbs (Chrome - Rotating Straight Bar)||Yes4All||Check Price|
|Wow! 2 in 1 Cable Machine & Cable Row 'Freestyle Motion' Handles Plus 'Split Finger' Power Grip!||PULL FORCE||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Best Trap Bar For Home Gym | Product Overview 2022
1. Titan Fitness Hex Trap Bar
- HELPS WITH PROPER FORM: Perhaps more important than the weights you’re lifting is your form and technique. Proper form ensures that you don’t strain any muscles or hurt yourself. It also helps build your muscles more quickly. Our trap bar is designed to help you accurately perform deadlifts, bent over rows, squat jumps, and refuse your risk of injury.
- DUAL-KNURLED HANDLES: Our hex bar features knurled handles that are designed to give you a sturdy grip. Don’t worry about this trap bar slipping out of your hands. The grooves of these dual-knurled handles help you securely hold the bar in place.
- ISOLATE MUSCLE GROUPS: This hexagonal trap bar helps you isolate muscle groups, so you can tone and tighten specific parts of your body. Use this bar to isolate your abdominals, glutes, legs, and arms.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Our hex bar is made from durable, heavy-duty steel. This high-quality material ensures that your trap bar will last you a lifetime. It will make an excellent addition to any home gym.
- DIMENSIONS: This 44-pound Hex Bar has an overall length of 56-inches. The handles have 24.5-inches between them. Each sleeve has a loadable length of 9.75-inches and can support a weight capacity of 500-pounds.
- 2-inch Olympic Weightlifting Barbell, Rated 500 LB, Knurled Grips, Deadlifts, Bent Over Rows, Squat Jumps
The Titan Fitness Hex Trap Bar is a 2-inch Olympic weightlifting barbell that is designed to help with proper form and technique during deadlifts, bent-over rows, squat jumps, and other exercises. By using the proper form, you can reduce the risk of injury and build muscle more quickly. The hexagonal shape of the trap bar allows for the isolation of muscle groups, making it a versatile tool for targeting specific parts of the body such as the abdominals, glutes, legs, and arms.
The bar is designed with dual-knurled handles to provide a sturdy grip. The grooves of the knurled handles help keep the bar in place and prevent slipping during heavy lifts. The bar itself is constructed from heavy-duty steel, ensuring durability and longevity, making it a great addition to any home gym.
The Hex Bar weighs 44 pounds, with an overall length of 56 inches. The handles are spaced 24.5 inches apart and each sleeve has a loadable length of 9.75 inches. The bar has a weight capacity of 500 pounds, making it suitable for most weightlifting needs.
- Helps with proper form and technique, reducing the risk of injury and promoting muscle growth.
- Isolates muscle groups for targeted toning and strengthening.
- Dual-knurled handles provide a sturdy grip and prevent slipping.
- Constructed from durable, heavy-duty steel.
- Suitable for most weightlifting needs with a weight capacity of 500 pounds.
- The barbell is only suitable for Olympic weight plates, standard weight plates won’t work with it.
- It’s a 44-pound bar which can be cumbersome for some people to handle and load.
- It’s a bit more expensive compared to standard barbells.
2. BalanceFrom Olympic Inch
- Made of fully solid heavy duty steel (not hollow) with more than 1000-Pound capacity. Designed for repeated use and long lasting
- Extra long loadable sleeves allow you to load more weights., which allows you to perform with a greater range of muscle contraction and development
- Multiple knurling positions and lengths for your convenience and safety. Regular and raised handles give you more flexibility when you work with them
- Bars have 1.97 bar end diameter to ensure bars fit all standard plates with holes 2 or less
- Product Weight: 45 Pounds
- Hex Weight Lifting Trap Bar, 1000-Pound Capacity, black (EE-HEX-BLK)
Introducing BalanceFrom Cast Iron Olympic Weight Set, an exciting new way to get fit! This set includes a 7-foot Olympic barbell, plus 300 pounds of weight plates to ensure you can challenge your body and reach new heights. Each barbell is made with heavy-duty steel that is solid, not hollow, and can hold up to 1000 pounds. The extra-long sleeves allow you to load even more weight, so you can challenge your range of muscle contraction and development.
The BalanceFrom Cast Iron Olympic Weight set is an ideal choice for those looking to get serious about strength training. This set includes a 7FT Olympic Barbell and 300 pounds of weight plates so you'll have everything you need to get started. The barbell is designed to be durable and long-lasting thanks to its construction from heavy-duty steel, and it has a capacity of over 1000-Pounds so you can be sure it'll last.
The extra-long loadable sleeves allow you to load more weights, giving you the ability to perform a wider range of muscle contractions and exercises. Plus, the knurling positions and lengths provide excellent safety and convenience.
- The barbell is made of fully solid heavy-duty steel, which gives it a weight capacity of more than 1000 pounds.
- The extra long loadable sleeves allow for more weights to be loaded on the bar, providing a greater range of muscle contraction and development.
- Multiple knurling positions and lengths provide convenience and safety for the user.
- The barbell has a 2″ bar end diameter, which fits all standard plates with 2″ holes or less.
- The knurling design on the handles makes it easy to operate.
- The product weighs 45 pounds, which may be too heavy for some users to lift and move around.
- The product is designed for repeated use and is long-lasting, but it may not be suitable for individuals who are just starting to lift weights.
- The product only has 1.97 inches bar end diameter, so it may not fit with some other brands of plates.
3. Sunny Health Fitness
- HIGH LOAD CAPACITY: Stack on weights for a total max capacity of 400 LB for an intense lifting workout. Perform deadlifts, bent over rows, presses, squats, carry’s, lifts and much more!
- SWIVEL HANDLES: Unique swivel handles enhance comfort and grip, allowing you to lift the way you prefer. Whether using a vertical or horizontal grip, this Olympic hex barbell ensures a smooth experience.
- SAFETY CLIPS: Missing weight clamps? No problem. The included safety clips assures that your weight plates are stable and secure so you can stay focus on those deadlifts and squats instead.
- KNURLED PATTERNED GRIP: Diamond knurled handles are designed for comfort, so your hands and palm won’t be scratched and/or cut while lifting heavier weights. Knurling is optimal for supplementing your own grip strength and helping correct hand placement.
- LONG SLEEVES: Measuring at over 11 inches long, the sleeves provide adequate length for fitting multiple weight plates with different weight combinations.
- ENVIRONMENT FRIENDLY: Sunny is not only committed to the improvement and development of a healthy lifestyle of fitness enthusiast but also to our environment. This hex trap weight barbell is packaged with the latest in resource-efficient, molded fiber and biodegradable materials while maintaining its protective structural integrity. Fully ISTA-6 certified to meet the most stringent durability standards.
- Olympic Hex Barbell Trap Bar - OB-TRAP
The Sunny Health & Fitness Strength Training Olympic Hex Bar Barbell is the ideal equipment for any fitness enthusiast. With a total max capacity of 400 LB, the Olympic Hex Barbell allows for an intense workout with a range of exercises including deadlifts, bent-over rows, presses, squats, carry’s, lifts, and much more. The barbell features unique swivel handles for enhanced comfort and grip, so you can lift it the way you prefer. Plus, the included safety clips ensure that your weight plates are secure.
The diamond knurled handles are designed for comfort, preventing scratches and/or cuts while lifting heavier weights. The barbell measures 11 inches long for fitting multiple weight plates with different weight combinations. Sunny is committed to the improvement and development of a healthy lifestyle for fitness enthusiasts and to our environment. This hex trap weight barbell is packaged with the latest in resource-efficient, molded fiber, and biodegradable materials while maintaining its protective structural integrity. Fully ISTA-6 certified to meet the most stringent durability standards.
Sunny Health & Fitness Strength Training Olympic Hex Bar Barbell is the perfect equipment to take your workout to the next level. With its high load capacity, swivel handles, safety clips, and knurled patterned grip, you can be sure you’re getting an intense and comfortable workout every time. The barbell is long enough to fit multiple weight plates and is environment-friendly.
- The high load capacity of 400 lb for intense lifting workouts.
- Unique swivel handles for enhanced comfort and grip.
- Included safety clips to keep weight plates stable and secure.
- Knurled patterned grip for comfort and to help with grip strength and hand placement.
- Long sleeves measuring over 11 inches for fitting multiple weight plates.
- The Olympic Hex Bar Barbell is primarily for deadlifts and shrugs, it does not cover a wide range of exercises.
- Some users may find that the knurled grip is too rough on the hands.
- Product packaging may not meet the expectations of all customer who is looking for eco-friendly options.
4. Marcy Olympic Hex Bar
- Comfortable Design: Compared to conventional Olympic barbell deadlifts, the unique design of our bar transfers weights to the sides, making squats and deadlifts safer on your back. Two sets of handles allow for varied positioning.
- Knurled Handle for Better Grip: The Marcy Olympic Hex Trap Bar has knurling on both the regular handles and raised handles to provide a better grip on your lifts and improve efficiency.
- Compatible with 2 Diameter Hole Olympic Plates: Use 2” diameter Olympic plates with the Marcy Olympic Hex Trap Bar. With the raised handle facing the floor, loading and unloading weight plates are easy.
- 800lbs Capacity and 10” Sleeve for Weight Plates: Compact, but robust, the Marcy Olympic Hex Trap Bar holds a total of 800lbs that can easily fit on the 10” long Olympic sleeves.
- Muscles Worked in a Hex Bar Deadlift: Works for your glutes, quads, hamstrings, calves, hip and back extensors, core muscles and lats.
- Trap Bar for Squats, Deadlifts and Shrugs, Powder-Coated Finish HTB-6976
The Marcy Olympic Hex Trap Bar is the perfect solution for powerlifters looking to build strength and power. This hexagonal frame is designed to keep the weights balanced and centered, while the two sets of handles allow for different positions to be used. The knurled handle gives you a better grip on your lifts and the 800lbs capacity easily fits onto the 10” long Olympic sleeves.
The Marcy Olympic Hex Trap Bar is perfect for deadlifts, shrugging, farmers' walks, and pulling exercises. These exercises will target your glutes, quads, hamstrings, calves, hip and back extensors, core muscles, and lats. The raised handle design helps to unload the weight plates easily. The standard pull height handles provide ample space to adjust your grip while the raised height handle allows you to adjust the angle of your pull more precisely.
The Marcy Olympic Hex Trap Bar is the ideal piece of equipment for any lifter looking to increase their strength and power. With two sets of handles and a comfortable design that makes squats and deadlifts safer on your back, you'll be able to take your training to the next level. Try the Marcy Olympic Hex Trap Bar today and feel the difference in your lifts!
- The unique design of the bar transfers weights to the sides, making squats and deadlifts safer for the back.
- Two sets of handles allow for varied positioning and grip options.
- The bar has knurling on both the regular and raised handles for a better grip.
- The bar is compatible with 2″ diameter hole Olympic plates.
- The bar has a weight capacity of 800 lbs and is built with durable construction.
- The bar is relatively heavy at 30 lbs, which may make it difficult to move or store.
- It’s only compatible with Olympic Plates which can limit the flexibility of weight type.
- It doesn’t have multiple grip options like a normal barbell
5. Synergee Chrome Olympic
- ★ HIGHEST QUALITY ★ – The Synergee Hex Bar is made from high quality steel. Our bar combines the handle placement of a high and regular hex bars to offer maximum versatility. Each handle has a non-slip, knurled grip to help you perform every rep.
- ★ ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED ★ – The raised handles and hexagonal frame of the Synergee Hex bar allow for easier pick up from the ground and reduce the strain on your hands and back. Our hex bar weighs 25kg, has a 750 lb capacity rating, and with 10 inch sleeves you can add plenty of additional weight to improve your strength and increase the intensity of your workouts.
- ★ LESS STRAIN, LIFT MORE ★ – The Synergee Hex Bar is ideal for heavy lifters who regularly pull from the ground and who want to reduce their chance of injury and lower back strain. Our bar was designed to keep the weight evenly distributed through the body’s midline and allow for linear bar path. Less injury means less interruptions to your training, which means more gains over time.
- ★ WHAT’S IN THE PACKAGE ★ – This Hex Bar has the Black Phosphate finishing, weighs 25 kg, has raised and standard-height handles, 10 inches of loadable sleeve length on either side, and is 56 inches in length.
- ★ NO SWEAT GUARANTEE ★ – Leave the sweating and swearing for your training! Buying from Synergee means quick, hassle-free, and caring customer service! Plus, we offer a better-than-money-back guarantee: if there is an issue with your product for any reason, we will send you a new one quickly and absolutely FREE! 100% Customer Satisfaction is our Number 1 Goal!
- Hex Barbell Trap Bar with Flat or Raised Handles for Squats, Deadlifts, Shrugs. 56” Long Bar with 10” Sleeve
The Synergee Hex Bar is a multi-functional barbell designed to provide optimal performance during various exercises. With its raised and standard-height handles, the barbell allows for easy lifting from the ground, reducing stress on the hands and back. The barbell is made from high-quality steel and features a non-slip, knurled grip for a secure hold during reps. With a weight of 25kg, the barbell has a capacity of 750 lbs and features 10 inches of loadable sleeve length on either side. The barbell is 56 inches in length and has a black phosphate finish.
The Synergee Hex Bar is the perfect choice for heavy lifters who want to reduce their chance of injury and strain on their back while performing exercises. The barbell's hexagonal frame and handle placement helps to evenly distribute weight through the body's midline and allows for a linear bar path. This reduces the possibility of injury and allows for continuous training, resulting in better gains over time.
When buying from Synergee, customers are guaranteed a hassle-free experience and excellent customer service. Plus, the company offers a better-than-money-back guarantee, ensuring that any issues with the product will be addressed in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- The Synergee Hex Bar is made from high-quality steel, providing durability for heavy lifting.
- The raised handles and hexagonal frame of the bar allow for easier pick up from the ground and reduce strain on the hands and back.
- The bar is designed to keep the weight evenly distributed through the body’s midline, promoting proper form and reducing the chance of injury.
- The bar is suitable for heavy lifters who want to reduce their chance of lower back strain and targets the quadriceps.
- The company offers a better-than-money-back guarantee and prioritizes customer satisfaction.
- The bar is only available in a single weight (25kg) which may not accommodate all users.
- It may take time to adjust to the hexagonal shape if you are accustomed to a traditional barbell.
- The product is not suitable for those who are looking for a versatile option in terms of weight as it has only one weight option.
6. ProsourceFit Multi-Grip
- COMFORTABLE GRIP - 6 non-slip grip positions to comfortably perform wide, narrow and neutral-grip exercises
- MULTI-FUNCTION – Target multiple upper body & core muscles with pull-ups, push-ups, dips, and hanging crunches
- EASY TO USE - Portable design easily fits on any standard doorway 24 to 32, and is simple to assemble and install
- HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION - Made of high grade steel that’s built to last, and holds up to 300 pound
- CONVENIENT STRENGTH TRAINING - Workout your back, chest, arms & abs with one piece of equipment in the comfort of home
- Lite Pull Up/Chin Up Bar, Heavy Duty Doorway Upper Body Workout Bar for Home Gyms 24”-32” (ps-1240-cu-basic), Black
The ProsourceFit Multi-Grip Lite Pull-Up Bar is the perfect way to get the upper body and core muscle gains without having to go to the gym. This pull-up bar is made from heavy-duty steel and can hold up to 300 pounds, making it extremely sturdy and reliable. It fits in most standard door frames between 24 and 32 inches wide, and it is easy to assemble and install without having to drill any holes into your wall.
The Multi-Grip Lite Pull-Up Bar offers three different grip positions, allowing you to target multiple upper body and core muscles with pull-ups, push-ups, dips, and hanging crunches. The improved pull-up bar also has foam handles that protect your hands while you exercise and provide a comfortable, slip-free grip. It even includes optional mounting hardware if you'd like to mount it permanently.
With the ProsourceFit Multi-Grip Lite Pull-Up Bar, you can get a full-body workout in the comfort of your own home. It is easy to use and perfect for anyone who wants to get serious about their strength training. Plus, it is durable and built to last, so you can be sure you'll get plenty of use out of this product.
- Comfortable grip with 6 non-slip grip positions for a range of exercises.
- Multi-functionality allows for targeting multiple upper body and core muscles.
- Easy to use, with a portable design that fits on most standard doorways and simple assembly and installation.
- Heavy-duty construction made of high-grade steel that can hold up to 300 lbs.
- Convenient for strength training in the comfort of your home and space-saving design.
- Only fits standard doorways 24″ to 32″ wide and up to 6″ deep.
- Optional mounting hardware is included but may still require drilling holes into your wall for added stability.
- Maybe less stable for intensive or high-volume workout sessions without the use of the optional z bracket.
7. Iron Gym Pull Up Bar
- PULL UP BAR WITH AB STRAPS FOR DOORWAY: Plan your home workout regime with Iron Gym Pull up bars with AB Straps, turn any doorway into a personal gym and get the strong, lean body you always wanted, right at home. It instantly attaches to or removes from your door frame and the heavy-duty steel construction supports up to 300 pounds
- IDEAL FOR UPPER BODY WORKOUT: Iron Gym Pull Up Bars with AB Straps is an ideal upper body exercise equipment with three grip positions, narrow, wide, and neutral. It offers wide grip push-ups, pull-ups, chin-ups, sit-ups, dips, arm and shoulder exercises – every exercise you need to build a powerful upper body
- HEAVY-DUTY: Constructed with heavy-duty steel, the metal chin-up bar ensures sturdiness and reliability, while the bar handgrip has professional-grade comfort foam for comfortable ergonomic gripping. The indoor gym bar is finished with shiny platinum to give your interiors an exotic match
- FITS MOST DOORWAYS: Comes in a unit packaging dimensions of 20x3.25x8 inches, it fits up to 35.4-inch-wide door frames. It can be used for an indoor workout, please keep in mind that the doorway should be 24 – 32 inches wide to accommodate the bar
- EASY INSTALLATION: Our doorframe pullup bar comes with come with safety brackets, a safety manual and assembly tools, making it easy to install and remove in seconds. It uses leverage to hold against the doorway so there are no screws and no damage to the door
- Ab Straps - Total Upper Body Workout Bar for Doorway, Adjustable Width Locking, No Screws Portable Door Frame Horizontal Chin-up Bar, Fitness Exercise
The Iron Gym Pull-Up Bar is the perfect exercise equipment for your home gym. This bar is designed to fit into most doorways, providing an easy way to transform any room into a personal training center. With three grip positions – narrow, wide, and neutral – the bar allows you to perform a variety of upper body exercises, such as wide grip push-ups, pull-ups, chin-ups, sit-ups, dips, and arm and shoulder exercises.
The bar is constructed with heavy-duty steel, ensuring maximum strength and durability, and the bar handgrip is finished with professional-grade comfort foam for comfortable ergonomic gripping. The bar is also finished with a shiny platinum finish to give your interiors an exotic match. The bar fits doorframes up to 35.4 inches wide and measures 20x3.25x8 inches in unit packaging.
The Iron Gym Pull-Up Bar comes with safety brackets, a safety manual, and assembly tools for easy installation and removal. With this bar, you can plan and execute a full-body workout plan in the comfort of your own home. Start getting the strong, lean body you always wanted with this simple, yet effective exercise equipment.
- The Iron Gym Pull-Up Bar allows you to turn any doorway into a personal gym and get a strong, lean body right at home.
- The bar offers multiple grip positions, including narrow, wide, and neutral, allowing for a variety of exercises to build a powerful upper body.
- Made with heavy-duty steel, the metal chin-up bar ensures sturdiness and reliability.
- The bar handgrip has professional-grade comfort foam for comfortable ergonomic gripping.
- Easy to install and remove, and uses leverage to hold against the doorway, with no screws and no damage to the door.
- The bar only fits doorways that are 24-32 inches wide, so it may not fit all doorways.
- The product does not mention anything about the AB strap and its functionality
- it does not mention about weight limit for using the straps if there is any.
8. Yes4All LAT Cable Attachment
- 18-INCH LENGH x 1-INCH DIA: Great dimension provides comfort during your workout, fit well in your palm
- UNIVERSAL DESIGN: Designed for cable systems. Support up to 880 lbs (400 kg)
- TEXTURED, ANTI-SLIP HANDLE: Textured knurling handles to ensure a strong, firm grip to prevent corrosion and rust, designed with textured grip to avoid slipping during workout even with sweaty hands
- COMMERCIAL CLASS QUALITY: Closed handle, constructed of heavy-duty steel with high polished chrome finish for home gyms, gyms and training clubs
- MULTI-WORKOUTS: Ideal for developing your triceps, biceps, back, shoulders, abs and improving your grip strength
- Tricep Press Down Bar with Diamond Knurl Handle, Support up to 880 lbs (Chrome - Rotating Straight Bar)
The Yes4All LAT Pull Down Cable Attachment is the perfect item to help you take your bodybuilding workouts to the next level. This attachment features an 18-inch length and a 1-inch diameter, making it comfortable enough to fit well in your palm. It is designed to be universal and supports up to 880 lbs (400 kg). The textured knurled handles ensure a strong, firm grip and are designed to prevent slipping during workouts, even with sweaty hands. It is designed with commercial-class quality and is constructed of heavy-duty steel with a highly polished chrome finish.
The attachment is perfect for developing your triceps, biceps, back, shoulders, and abs and improving your grip strength. It also comes with a single D Handle, which features a highly polished hard Chrome finish, knurled handle, and a durable welded flange to attach the cable. This allows you to isolate your muscles and do cable chops, lateral, shoulder, back, and other resistance exercises.
Finally, the attachment also comes with a V-Shaped Bar and a Straight Bar. The V-Shaped Bar fits well with most pulley machines and the durable all-steel construction supports up to 800 lbs. The Straight Bar features solid steel construction, a swivel hanger, and a diamond-knurled handle to make it function well and bring an unrivaled experience to users. With this LAT Pull Down Cable Attachment, you can take your bodybuilding workouts
- The 18-inch length and 1-inch diameter of the cable attachment provides comfort during your workout, and the size is suitable for most people.
- The universal design is compatible with most cable systems and can support up to 880 lbs (400 kg) of weight.
- The textured, anti-slip handle ensures a strong, firm grip and is designed to prevent slipping even with sweaty hands.
- The attachment is made of heavy-duty steel with a highly polished chrome finish, making it suitable for home gyms, commercial gyms, and training clubs.
- The attachment is ideal for developing various muscle groups such as triceps, biceps, back, shoulders, and abs, and for improving grip strength.
- The attachment is designed for cable systems, and may not be compatible with all types of weightlifting equipment.
- The textured, anti-slip handle may not be suitable for people with sensitive hands.
- The attachment is made of steel and may rust over time if not maintained properly.
9. Cable Machine Row
- Use for T-BARBELL ROWS, SEATED CABLE MACHINE ROWS!
- Patented Center Pull FAT Handles deliver Superior Gripping Power under huge loads!
- Patented Cable Suspension System unleashes muscle movement for Maximal Force Projection!
- Commercial Grade USA Made with Baked Powder Coat Finish!
- LIFETIME WARRANTY! **Purchase includes (x1) FAT GRIP UNIT
- Freestyle Motion Handles Plus Split Finger Power Grip!
PULL FORCE's 'Combo' Seated Row / T-Bar Row Handles are the perfect choice for home gym workouts! Their patented 'Center Pull' FAT Handles deliver superior gripping power under huge loads, while their Cable Suspension System unleashes muscle movement for maximal force projection. These USA-made, commercial-grade handles have a baked powder coat finish and come with a lifetime warranty. Plus, the handles are versatile enough to use with cable resistance machines, free weights, and even for pull-ups with an optional HOG LEGS pull-up hook.
Experience PULL FORCE's game-changing performance with their 'Combo' Seated Row / T-Bar Row Handles. Add weight plates and T-Bar Row to get serious size and strength, or snap the unit onto a Functional Trainer cable pulley for rowing. No matter which way you use them, you can't beat the Grip Power and versatility of PULL FORCE's 'Combo' Seated Row / T-Bar Row Handles.
For the ultimate workout experience, choose PULL FORCE's 'Combo' Seated Row / T-Bar Row Handles. Their patented 'Center Pull' FAT Handles deliver superior gripping power under huge loads, while their Cable Suspension System unleashes muscle movement for maximal force projection. Plus, they're versatile enough to use with any type of equipment, making them perfect for any home gym. Get ready to
- Patented ‘Center Pull’ handles deliver 20% extra grip power for more plates
- ‘Freestyle’ cable system unleashes muscles for maximal force projection
- Can be used with cable resistance machines and free weights
- Can be used for T-barbell rows, seated cable machine rows and pull-ups (with optional HOG LEGS Pull Up Hook)
- USA-made and commercial grade with a lifetime replacement warranty
- The product is only available with Fat Grip Handles and not in standard size.
- The product only includes one fat grip unit
- The product requires additional equipment such as ‘HOG LEGS Pull Up Hook’ for pull-up exercises
How To Choose The Best Trap Bar For Home Gym | Unrivaled Guide 2022
this is an important specification to consider for any piece of equipment and covers many basics. For example, an expensive trap bar must be constructed to a price, with tighter tolerances, better welds, and more accurate knurling than a less expensive bar.
Open-Ended Or Closed-Ended:
The open-ended trapeze is superior to the closed-ended trapeze. Open-ended trapeze sets can be used for the same exercises as closed-ended trapeze sets, but they can also be used for much more.
Many modern trap bars incorporate bar jacks to make it easier to slide the weight plates. This is not a gimmick, but rather a very useful feature, and we take this into account in our selections.
Powder coating is now standard on most swing bars, but it is not always optimal. However, the finish on the handles is even more important, as they are much more prone to abuse than the rest of the bar.
The price of a trap bar really matters. Considering that it is a dedicated bar and that you can get 80% of what you can get with dumbbells, the high price tag weighs heavily. It doesn't matter if the pull-up bar is expensive, but the features should be worth the offer.
Many companies now offer a lifetime warranty on their pull-up bars. While this is great, most pull-up bars simply don't break, so a warranty is not necessary.
In our testing, we performed deadlifts, shrugs, jumps, lunges, tricep extensions, overhead presses, and camber squats on the various bars. We dropped from waist height, shoulder height, and overhead. We weighed on our scales, tested different plates on the bar, and measured sleeve diameters to ensure consistency. Finally, we asked for the opinions of others.
Raw Materials And Finishes
Steel bars are almost always made of iron, but the quality of the iron varies, and as a result, the strength varies from trap bar to trap bar. Other important materials include bearings, bushings, and the finish of the rotating sleeve if the trap bar has one.
In general, stainless steel and ceramic are the most expensive finishing materials, but they are also highly wear-resistant. On the other hand, bare steel, economy chrome, and black oxide are less expensive but less durable.
Maintenance of Best Trap Bar For Home Gym
To keep your barbells in top condition, you need to do three things on a semi-regular basis
- Brush off the chalk and other dirt from the bar and knurling.
- Wipe the bar with a mild cleaner and then apply a light coat of oil. Leave it overnight.
- Check the condition of the bearings (if any) with a sleeve. Some bearings need oil and some do not. You should check with the manufacturer to see if the bar requires oil. Many trap bars are fixed with non-rotating sleeves, but this may not apply to your trap bar.
- How often you need to do this depends on the metal the bar is made of, your climate, and how often the bar is used. Inexpensive chrome or zinc bars should be inspected regularly, every two to four weeks.
- Expensive ones, such as stainless steel, are checked less frequently, once every one to three months. In humid climates, the bars will naturally last longer in dry climates, although in humid areas they will need to be cared for to prevent rust. Finally, a trap bar that is used frequently requires more maintenance than one that is personally kept in a garage and used only twice a week.
Features Of Best Trap Bar For Home Gym
Prior to this era, there were far fewer models of trap bars. However, with the influx of different models and the companies that make them, there are now many things to consider when buying a trap bar.
We have endeavored to highlight the most obvious features to look for in a bar and make recommendations on where to store them.
Like dumbbells, steel is the biggest feature of pull-up bars. While not as strong as the tensile strength of dumbbells, it is still important because there is more support structure in a trapeze bar.
For example, Olympic bars often use larger diameter steel than trap bars. They also have whips, and these whips affect the bar's properties. I say this because I believe that the steel used, but more importantly, the weight limit of the bar affects its stiffness in use.
Most trap bars will support the weight you want to lift if the handles are long enough, but some will begin to bend under the weight, making them not only less useful but also less safe.
Knurling suspension bars are certainly important. For those of you who don't know, knurling is the cross section that makes the bar easier to grip. We say that knurling on pull-up bars is important because it helps the pull-up bar to be more comfortable and easier to grip. Because while too many companies put cheesegrater knobs on their pull-up bars or nothing at all (even on almost all specialty bars), pull-up bars need quality knurling. If you expect to pull heavy weights without straps, good knobs play an important role in achieving lift.
Fortunately, companies realize that the knurling patterns used on some high-end trap bars are well worth the time spent on them. Some of our choices have better knurling than 95% of the dumbbells on the market, while some of the less expensive dumbbells still have cheap knurling.
Next is the overall bar design, which is especially relevant for those new to the industry. For a long time, weightlifting bars were almost identical to their competitors. There have been a few minor changes, but overall the basic shape is the same.
There seems to be some controversy as to who was the first to make an open-ended trapeze bar, but it is believed to be Intek Strength's Functional Trap Bar (a good one).
The open-ended design is simply a good design. High-end open-ended pull-up bars retain the benefits of traditional pull-up bars and more. The unclosed pull-up bar increases versatility considerably. A bar that was primarily relegated to deadlifts suddenly allows for many more movements, making it ideal for the home gym owner.
The finish of the trap bar also needs attention. This is something that many companies now need to improve on with respect to all specialty bars, but as it stands, expect trap bars to be powder coated in some way.
Some trap bars have longer sleeves, which simply means that more weight can be placed on the bar.
As with any bar, look for a pull-up bar with a starting weight that suits you. You should also consider the load capacity, which is the weight the bar can hold.
Best Trap Bar For Home Gym | Video Explanation
Are pull-up bars worth it?
Yes, by doing a lot of pull-up bar training, you can target many muscles. You can work the hamstrings, glutes, quads, forearms, shoulders, and other muscles. The pull-up bar is also useful for people who have back problems with certain activities because it can reduce the strain on the spine.
Why is it called a "trap bar"?
Trap bars, also called hex bars, are unique barbells designed for deadlifting in one position. Trap bars have a significant impact on the movement. Trap bars are designed for shrugs and are intended to work the trapezius muscles, hence the name.
How is the trap bar used?
The purpose of the trap bar is to replace the traditional deadlift to reduce the strain on the lower back. It is best used when you do not want to perform traditional strength lifting exercises such as deadlifts, squats, etc., but only strength training. While on the trapeze, keep your torso tight, chest open, shoulder blades pushed down, and back straight. You can fully extend your lats while maintaining proper bar position in a neutral grip position.
How Do I Choose A Trap Bar?
Choosing a trap bar, also known as a hex bar, can depend on several factors such as your fitness level, strength, and training goals. Here are some things to consider when choosing a trap bar:
- Weight Capacity: Make sure to check the weight capacity of the trap bar you are interested in. You should choose a bar that can handle your current weight plus the weight you plan to lift.
- Grip: Look for a bar with knurled handles to provide a better grip and prevent slipping. The thickness of the grip can also affect your comfort and grip strength.
- Size and Shape: Trap bars come in different sizes and shapes. Consider the length of the bar and the width between the handles. Make sure the bar is wide enough to allow for proper form during lifts.
- Material: Trap bars can be made of different materials such as steel, aluminum, or plastic. Steel is the most durable and commonly used material for trap bars.
- Price: Trap bars can range in price depending on their quality and features. Consider your budget and find a bar that meets your needs and fits within your price range.
- Purpose: Trap bars can be used for different exercises such as deadlifts, squats, and shrugs. Choose a bar that meets your training goals and fits your exercise routine.
Ultimately, the best way to choose a trap bar is to try out different options to find the one that feels comfortable and suits your needs.
What Is The Best Width For A Trap Bar?
The best width for a trap bar depends on your individual body size and shape, as well as your personal preferences and the exercises you plan to do with the bar. However, as a general guideline, most trap bars have a standard width between the handles of approximately 24-28 inches.
This width range is wide enough to allow for proper form during lifts, while still providing enough room for your legs to fit inside the bar. If you have wider hips or longer limbs, you may want to look for a trap bar with a wider width to accommodate your body size.
Additionally, some trap bars come with adjustable handles that can be moved closer or further apart to allow for a customizable grip width. This can be useful for people with specific body proportions or those who want to target different muscle groups during their lifts.
Ultimately, the best width for a trap bar is one that allows you to perform your exercises safely and comfortably, while still challenging your strength and fitness goals. It may take some trial and error to find the perfect width for your needs, so don't be afraid to try out different options before making a purchase.
Is The Trap Bar Effective?
Yes, the trap bar can be an effective tool for building strength and muscle mass. The trap bar is a versatile piece of equipment that can be used for a variety of exercises, including deadlifts, squats, and shrugs. Here are some benefits of using a trap bar in your workouts:
- Reduced Stress on the Lower Back: One of the main advantages of using a trap bar is that it can reduce stress on the lower back during exercises like deadlifts. This is because the weight is distributed more evenly throughout the body, with the center of gravity being closer to the body's midline. This can make exercise safer and more comfortable for people who struggle with lower back pain or injury.
- Improved Grip Strength: The hexagonal shape of the trap bar allows for a more secure grip, which can improve grip strength and reduce the risk of dropping weight during lifts.
- Targeted Muscle Activation: The trap bar can be used to target a variety of muscle groups, including the hamstrings, glutes, quadriceps, and traps. This can make it a valuable tool for building overall strength and muscle mass.
- Versatility: The trap bar can be used for a variety of exercises, making it a versatile piece of equipment for any gym or home workout space.
Are All Trap Bars The Same?
No, not all trap bars are the same. Trap bars come in different shapes, sizes, materials, and features, and can vary in quality and price. Some of the factors that can differ between trap bars include:
- Size and Shape: Trap bars can come in different shapes, such as hexagonal or diamond-shaped, and can vary in size, such as the length of the bar and the width between the handles.
- Grip: The grip of a trap bar can vary in thickness, texture, and knurling, which can affect the user's comfort and grip strength.
- Weight Capacity: Trap bars can have different weight capacities, so it's important to choose a bar that can handle the weight you plan to lift.
- Material: Trap bars can be made of different materials, such as steel, aluminum, or plastic. Steel is the most common and durable material used for trap bars.
- Price: Trap bars can vary in price depending on their quality and features. Higher-quality trap bars tend to be more expensive.
- Features: Some trap bars come with additional features, such as adjustable handles or the ability to be disassembled for storage.
When choosing a trap bar, it's important to consider your individual needs and goals to find the bar that is best suited for you. It's also important to choose a high-quality trap bar that is safe and durable for your workouts.
What Kind Of Trap Bar Is Best?
The best kind of trap bar for you depends on your individual needs and goals. Some factors to consider when choosing a trap bar include size and shape, grip, weight capacity, material, price, and any additional features. The size and shape of the trap bar should be appropriate for your body size and the exercises you plan to do. A comfortable and secure grip is also important, and the weight capacity should be sufficient for your lifting goals. Steel is the most durable and commonly used material for trap bars, and higher-quality trap bars tend to be more expensive. Additional features, such as adjustable handles or the ability to be disassembled for storage, can also be useful. Ultimately, the best kind of trap bar is one that fits your individual needs and preferences.
What Is A Good Trap Bar?
A good trap bar is one that is safe, durable, and effective for your workouts. Look for a trap bar that is made of high-quality materials, such as steel, and has a weight capacity that can handle your lifting goals. A comfortable and secure grip is also important, so consider the thickness and texture of the handles. The size and shape of the trap bar should be appropriate for your body size and the exercises you plan to do. If you plan to use the trap bar frequently, it may be worth investing in a higher-quality bar with additional features, such as adjustable handles or the ability to be disassembled for storage.
Is An Open Trap Bar Better Than A Closed One?
Both open and closed trap bars can be effective for building strength and muscle mass. The choice between an open or closed trap bar may depend on personal preference and the exercises you plan to do. Open trap bars have a larger space in the center, which can be beneficial for exercises like shrugs that require a more vertical range of motion. Closed trap bars have a smaller space in the center, which can be beneficial for exercises like deadlifts that require a more horizontal range of motion. However, the differences between open and closed trap bars are relatively minor, and both types can be effective for a variety of exercises. Ultimately, the choice between an open or closed trap bar comes down to personal preference and individual needs.
Is A Trap Bar 25kg?
Not all trap bars weigh 25kg. The weight of a trap bar can vary depending on the manufacturer, the size and shape of the bar, and the material it is made from. However, a standard trap bar used in most gyms typically weighs between 20kg to 30kg. It's important to check the weight of the specific trap bar you plan to use to ensure that you are using an appropriate weight for your lifting goals and fitness level.
Is A Trap Bar Better Than A Deadlift?
Both trap bar deadlifts and conventional barbell deadlifts are effective exercises for building strength and muscle mass in the lower body, back, and core. However, the trap bar deadlift may be a better option for some individuals due to its reduced stress on the lower back. The trap bar deadlift allows for a more upright torso position, which can reduce the strain on the lower back compared to the more forward-leaning position of the conventional barbell deadlift. This can be especially beneficial for individuals with lower back pain or mobility limitations. However, both exercises can be effective and should be incorporated into a well-rounded strength training program.
Can Trap Bar Deadlifts Replace Squats?
Trap bar deadlifts are not a complete replacement for squats, as they primarily target the posterior chain muscles (glutes, hamstrings, and lower back) and do not engage the quads to the same extent as squats. Squats are a compound exercise that engage multiple muscle groups, including the quads, hamstrings, glutes, and core, and are important for developing lower body strength, power, and mobility. While trap bar deadlifts can be a useful addition to a strength training program, they should not be used as a replacement for squats.
Is Trap Bar Better For Knees?
The trap bar deadlift can be a good option for individuals with knee pain or limitations, as it allows for a more natural and comfortable position for the knees compared to the more forward-leaning position of the conventional barbell deadlift. The trap bar deadlift also engages the glutes and hamstrings to a greater extent than the quads, which can help to reduce stress on the knees. However, it's important to use proper form and technique when performing the trap bar deadlift to avoid any potential knee pain or injury. As with any exercise, it's important to listen to your body and consult with a healthcare professional if you have any concerns or limitations.
Is The Trap Bar Cheating?
No, the trap bar is not considered cheating. The trap bar deadlift is a legitimate exercise that engages the same muscle groups as the conventional barbell deadlift, but with some slight differences in technique and muscle activation. The trap bar allows for a more upright torso position, which can reduce the stress on the lower back and make the exercise more accessible for individuals with lower back pain or mobility limitations. However, it's important to use proper form and technique when performing the trap bar deadlift to ensure that you are engaging the appropriate muscle groups and avoiding injury. As with any exercise, it's important to challenge yourself while maintaining proper form to get the most benefit from the exercise.
Why Trap Bar Is Better Than Barbell?
The trap bar and the barbell are both effective tools for building strength and muscle mass. However, the trap bar has some advantages over the barbell, particularly for those who may have limitations or weaknesses in certain areas. Here are some reasons why the trap bar is considered better than the barbell by some:
- Reduced stress on the lower back: The trap bar allows for a more upright torso position, which can reduce the stress on the lower back compared to the more forward-leaning position of the barbell deadlift.
- Better grip: The handles on the trap bar are typically thicker than a barbell, which can provide a better grip and reduce the risk of grip fatigue or injury.
- More natural movement pattern: The trap bar allows for a more natural movement pattern, as the weight is centered around the body rather than in front of it like a barbell.
- Increased variety: The trap bar can be used for a variety of exercises, including deadlifts, shrugs, and farmer's walks, providing more versatility in your workouts.
Why Can I Lift More With Trap Bar?
Many people are able to lift more weight with the trap bar than with a barbell. This is because the trap bar allows for a more upright torso position, which can engage the legs and glutes more effectively and reduce the strain on the lower back. The trap bar also allows for a more natural movement pattern, which can reduce the risk of injury and improve overall lifting technique. Additionally, the handles on the trap bar are typically thicker than a barbell, which can provide a better grip and allow for a more comfortable and secure lift.
Is Trap Bar Better Than Normal Bar?
Whether the trap bar is better than the normal barbell depends on your individual goals, needs, and preferences. Both tools have their advantages and disadvantages, and the choice ultimately comes down to personal preference and training goals.
For example, a barbell is a versatile tool that can be used for a wide range of exercises, including squats, deadlifts, bench presses, and overhead presses. The barbell is also easier to load and unload than the trap bar and is often a more affordable option. However, the barbell can be more stressful on the lower back, and may not be ideal for those with mobility limitations or injuries.
On the other hand, the trap bar is a great tool for engaging the legs and glutes and can be easier on the lower back than the barbell deadlift. The trap bar also allows for a more natural movement pattern and can be a good option for individuals with mobility limitations or those who are recovering from an injury. However, the trap bar is generally more expensive than a barbell, and may not be as versatile as a barbell in terms of the range of exercises that can be performed.
In summary, both the trap bar and the barbell are effective tools for building strength and muscle mass. The choice between the two ultimately comes down to individual preference and training goals.
A trap bar is an excellent tool for training deadlift mechanics and a valuable tool for those rehabilitating various injuries. It is also very useful for teaching beginner hip joints and strengthening deadlift lockout when the trap bar handles are raised. Lifting weights with a trap bar reduces stress on the hips because the weights are positioned toward the center of gravity rather than in front of it as with traditional dumbbells. If you are considering investing in a trap bar, consider the main features you are looking for and use this guide to help you choose the Best Trap Bar For your Home Gym.
Hi, I am Matt Storace and I am a former personal trainer and founder of Beast Biceps. We had to find ways to train at home. When I started looking for the equipment I needed, I quickly realized that there were no good resources online. So I created Beast Biceps. It is a treasure trove of information developed from my experience and research. Read More Here
Leave a Reply