A pull-up bar is an excellent tool for training at home, performing pull-ups, and traction exercises useful for developing the muscles of the arms, shoulders, back, and abdominals. Let’s see what features the Best Pull-Up Bars for Wide Doors must have, how to choose them, and which are the most suitable models for purchase.
The Best Pull-Up Bars for Wide Doors allow us to train the biceps, triceps, back, and abdominal muscles. To be effective, the home pull-up bar must be made of durable materials, ensure a good grip, and be properly fixed to the wall or door.
Exercising using the training bar allows you to keep fit and allows you to tone the upper body especially; moreover, with some specific exercises, it can also be useful for the legs.
Best Pull-Up Bars for Wide Doors
Bar exercises are very effective and can also be used in conjunction with other types of aerobic training to get fit per slice. It is in fact possible to train with the rod for push-ups, abdominals, and backs, for a complete workout of all the muscles of the body.
The advantage of having a pull-up bar at home certainly lies in the convenience of being able to perform pull-up exercises at any time of the day, without having to go to the gym. The best pull-up bars are typically made of steel and coated with rubber or other soft materials at the handles and grips.
Best Pull-Up Bars for Wide Doors | Comparison Table 2023
High Quality | 5-Stars Picks | Great Prices
|Garren Fitness Maximiza Pull Up Bar V2 - Doorway Pullup Bar/Chin up Bar with 3 Sets of Screw-in Heavy-Duty Door-Mounts, 27 to 39 Inches Adjustable Width||GF Garren Fitness||Check Price|
|FEIERDUN Doorway Pull Up and Chin Up Bar Upper Body Workout Bar with No Screws & Safe Locking Mechanism for Home Gym Exercise Fitness Max Load 440 LBS (Blue, L28.3~36.2")||FEIERDUN||Check Price|
|Ultimate Body Press XL Doorway Pull Up Bar with Elevated Bar & Adjustable Width||Ultimate Body Press||Check Price|
|Sportsroyals Power Tower Dip Station Pull Up Bar for Home Gym Strength Training Workout Equipment, 400LBS.||sportsroyals||Check Price|
|AOPA Pull Up Bar for Doorway, Thickened Steel Max Limit 440 LBS Strength Training Pull-up Bar, Portable Multi-function Pullup Chin Up Bar, Heavy Duty Doorway Upper Body Workout Bar for Home Gyms||AOPA||Check Price|
|Wall Mount Pull-Up Bar - 47” Multi-Grip Chin-Up Station with Hangers for Punching Bags, Power Ropes for Home Gym Strength Training Equipment (Black.)||Merax||Check Price|
|Ultimate Body Press Ceiling Mounted Pull Up Bar with Patented Reversible Risers for 16 and 24 Inch Joists||Ultimate Body Press||Check Price|
|ProsourceFit Multi-Grip Lite Pull Up/Chin Up Bar, Heavy Duty Doorway Upper Body Workout Bar for Home Gyms 24”-32” (ps-1240-cu-basic), Black||ProsourceFit||Check Price|
|Iron Gym Pull Up Bars - Total Upper Body Workout Bar for Doorway, Adjustable Width Locking, No Screws Portable Door Frame Horizontal Chin-up Bar, Fitness Exercise & Training Equipment for Home||Iron Gym||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Best Pull-Up Bars for Wide Doors | Products Overview 2023
1. Garren Fitness Maximiza Best Pull-Up Bars for Wide Doors
- Build Upperbody Strength: This pull up bar for doorway use will strengthen and tone your back, arms, shoulders and abs muscles for the perfect upper body workout for men and women
- Safe and Secure - Heavy-duty chrome steel doorway pull up bar and door mounts provide great support and safety. Note: Always install and use the supplied screw-in door brackets (comes with 3 sets of heavy-duty door mounts)
- Versatile Uses - Get fit and strong by using the door bar for many exercises including pull-ups, chin-ups, hanging leg raises, push-ups, dips, situps, and crunches. Its truly a multi-function piece of at-home workout equipment
- Comfortable Hand-Grips - Non-slip extra-long foam grips for extra comfort to minimize hand pain or fatigue
- Use in Different Locations - Multiple screw-in door mount kits give the flexibility to move to different places or heights. Adjusts to fit standard doorways between 27 and 39 inches. It's perfect for your home, garage, gym, or office
- Up Bar V2 - Doorway Pullup Bar/Chin up Bar with 3 Sets of Screw-in Heavy-Duty Door-Mounts, 27 to 39 Inches Adjustable Width
The Maximiza Pull-Up Bar is a versatile piece of equipment that can be used to strengthen and tone your upper body muscles, including the back, arms, shoulders, and abs. It is designed for doorway use and can be installed using the three sets of heavy-duty door mounts that come with it. The bar is made of heavy-duty chrome steel, which provides great support and safety, and it can fit most standard doorways between 26 and 39 inches wide.
The Maximiza Pull-Up Bar is suitable for a wide range of exercises, including pull-ups, chin-ups, hanging leg raises, push-ups, dips, sit-ups, and crunches. It is perfect for a home gym workout, and it doesn’t take up much space, so you can use it in small apartments or rooms. The non-slip extra-long foam grips provide a comfortable and secure grip, minimizing hand pain or fatigue. Additionally, the multiple screw-in door mount kits give you the flexibility to move the bar to different locations or heights, such as your home, garage, gym, or office.
It is important to note that the maximum installation height and body weight supported may vary depending on the situation, including required usage, mounting method, and the door frame. Always secure the bar to the doorframe with the provided heavy-duty door-mount set and screws, and use caution when applying your weight to the bar for the first few exercises to confirm that it is secure and will safely hold your weight. The heavy-duty door mounts are recommended for pull-ups and chin-ups and can support up to 300 lbs, while the medium-duty door mounts can support up to 150 lbs and should not be used above waist height.
- The Maximiza Pull-Up Bar can be used for a wide range of exercises, including pull-ups, chin-ups, hanging leg raises, push-ups, dips, sit-ups, and crunches, making it a great piece of equipment for a full-body workout.
- The bar is made of heavy-duty chrome steel, and comes with three sets of heavy-duty door mounts, providing great support and safety.
- The bar can fit most standard doorways between 26 and 39 inches wide, making it suitable for different types of doorframes.
- The non-slip extra-long foam grips provide a comfortable and secure grip, minimizing hand pain or fatigue.
- The multiple screw-in door mount kits give you the flexibility to move the bar to different locations or heights.
- The maximum weight capacity may vary depending on the situation, including required usage, mounting method, and the door frame. It’s important to use caution when applying your weight to the bar for the first few exercises.
- The installation process may require some effort and time.
- The bar may not be suitable for all types of doorframes, such as metal or non-standard doorframes.
2. FEIERDUN: Pull-up Bar For Non-Standard Door Frame
- NO Mark On Your Door: Passing the patent application unique rhombus structure guarantees your security. Soft anti-skid PVC mats on both sides protect the frame from cracking and prevent damage caused by sudden falling off. The more weight the doorway chin-up bars withstand, the more sturdy it is.
- NO Screws And NO Drilling: You only take minutes to set it up and remove it on the door frame. Just rotate the pole to press against the door frame. Pay attention to DO NOT use the pull-up bar doorway on the glass door, hollowed door, or other fragile door frame.
- Sturdy Locking Mechanism: Made of stainless steel, will prevent the pull-up bar from rotating during use, which make sure security for you. Never worry about over-tighten the pull-up bar and doing BAD damage to your door frame.
- Adjustable Pull-Up Bars: Customize length for an easy fit in most door frames between 28.3- 36.2(72 cm-92 cm). Suitable for a standard doorway, perfect for home, garage, or office use. Max. Support: 200kg/440lbs.
- Private Home Gym: FEIERDUN pull-up bars are perfect for pull-ups, chin-ups, sit-ups, dips, crunches, triceps dips, leg raises, and more. Easy to carry it and hassle-free to install. No need to go to the gym to waste your time, just start your workout at home or the office any time!
- Up and Chin Up Bar Upper Body Workout Bar with No Screws & Safe Locking Mechanism for Home Gym Exercise Fitness Max Load 440 LBS (Blue, L28.3~36.2)
The FEIERDUN Pull-Up Bar is a high-quality piece of equipment that is perfect for upper-body strength training. It is designed to be used in doorways and can be adjusted to fit most door frames between 28.3" - 36.2" (72cm-92cm) and can support up to 440 lbs. The product is manufactured by FEIERDUN, a reputable brand with over 20 years of experience in producing fitness products, and some of their products are used by national professional institutes.
One of the key features of the FEIERDUN Pull-Up Bar is that it does not require screws or drilling for installation, making it easy to set up and remove in minutes. Additionally, it features a unique rhombus structure that guarantees security and prevents damage to the door frame. The product also comes with soft anti-skid PVC mats on both sides to protect the frame from cracking and prevent the damage caused by sudden falling off. The more weight the doorway chin-up bars withstand, the more sturdy it is.
FEIERDUN is committed to customer satisfaction, and if you are unsatisfied with the product in any way, the company offers a money-back guarantee or replacement, no question asked. However, kindly remind that please measure the size of your own door frame before purchase.
- High-quality: FEIERDUN is a reputable brand with over 20 years of experience in producing fitness products, and some of their products are used by national professional institutes.
- Customer satisfaction guarantee: The company offers a money-back guarantee or replacement if the customer is unsatisfied with the product.
- No marks on the door: The product features a unique rhombus structure that guarantees security and prevents damage to the door frame.
- Easy to install: The product does not require screws or drilling, and can be set up and removed in minutes.
- Adjustable width: The product can fit most doorways between 28.3″ – 36.2″ (72cm-92cm) and can support up to 440 lbs.
- Not suitable for all door frames: The product should not be used on glass doors, hollow doors, or other fragile door frames.
- Limited exercises: While it can be used for pull-ups, chin-ups, and other exercises, it may not be as versatile as some other pull-up bars on the market.
- Weight limit: The product has a weight limit of 440 lbs, which may not be suitable for very heavy users.
3. Ultimate Body Press Best Pull-up Bar For Doorway
- GET OUT OF THE DOORWAY: Effectively build muscle across the chest, arms, back, and core with pull-ups, push-ups, dips, and sit-ups. Elevated Bar sets 1” above trim and 10” from wall to fully leverage your doorway opening for a full range of motion
- BUILT FOR REAL WORKOUTS: Premium heavy steel tubing supports up to 300 pounds. Exclusive ABS couplers secure a true, tight, and rigid frame. High-density foam grips reduce strain for better workouts. Quickly switch between doorway and floor exercises
- EASY INSTALLATION: Bar installs in seconds with no drilling. Fits residential doorways 6 inches deep when measured from trim face to trim face. Expandable bar ends fit doorways 24 to 36 wide with molding up to 3.5 wide
- IDEAL ANCHOR FOR OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES: Build a full body gym with Ultimate Body Press Ab Straps and Gymnastic Rings for highly metabolic full-body workouts and assisted pull-up variations. (accessories sold separately)
- DESIGNED IN THE USA: Ultimate Body Press is a North Carolina company committed to delivering better workouts every day. Includes Prime eligible shipping, 30-day returns, and USA customer service
- SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE: The Elevated Doorway Pull Up Bar is backed by Ultimate Body Press against manufacturer's defects for 10 years
- XL Doorway Pull Up Bar with Elevated Bar & Adjustable Width
The Ultimate Body Press XL Doorway Pull-Up Bar is a versatile and durable pull-up bar designed for home use. It is designed to fit in residential doorways and can be installed in seconds without the need for drilling. The bar is made of heavy steel tubing and can support up to 300 pounds, making it suitable for even the most intense workouts. The elevated bar sits 1 inch above the trim and 10 inches from the wall, providing ample space for a full range of motion and proper form during pull-ups, push-ups, dips, and sit-ups.
The bar is designed for stability and rigidity, with ABS couplers that lock each crossbar at 90 degrees to the uprights. The high-density foam grips reduce strain and provide a comfortable grip during workouts. The bar is expandable and fits doorways 24-36 inches wide, with molding up to 3.5 inches wide, making it a universal fit for most residential doorways. The bar can also be paired with optional accessories such as Ab Straps and Gymnastic Rings, allowing for a full-body workout.
The Ultimate Body Press XL Doorway Pull-Up Bar is designed and manufactured in the USA by a company committed to delivering better workouts every day. It comes with a 10-year warranty against manufacturer's defects and includes all necessary hardware and tools for quick and easy assembly. With its durable construction, versatile use, and easy installation, the Ultimate Body Press XL Doorway Pull-Up Bar is an excellent choice for anyone looking to build muscle and improve their fitness at home.
- Can support up to 300 pounds, suitable for intense workouts.
- Elevated bar design allows for a full range of motion and proper form.
- The expandable design fits doorways 24-36 inches wide with molding up to 3.5 inches wide.
- Made of heavy steel tubing and ABS couplers for stability and rigidity.
- High-density foam grips provide a comfortable grip and reduce strain.
- Can only be used for doorways and not for other surfaces or anchors.
- The width of the doorway needs to be measured before purchasing to ensure it will fit.
- Some customers mentioned that the bar can be wobbly when doing exercises.
4. Sportsroyals Power: Pull Up Bar For Wide Door Frame
- 【Multi Function】It is a multi-functional power tower that supports vertical knee raise, push-ups, dips as well as pull-ups, which help tone and target your arms, core, shoulders, chest, and back for a stronger upper body.
- 【Ergonomic Design】Humanized design with PU pads for elbow protection, and the armrest of this dip station is slightly inclined towards the inside 10 degrees to prevent the elbow from slipping off.
- 【6 Gear Regulation Height】The height of pull up bar can be adjusted from 64.56 to 88.18, suitable for all adult fitness needs at home, office.
- 【7-Position Adjustable Backrest】7 adjustable holes(1.2-6.7) in the supporting tube, back cushion of power tower can be adjusted before and after based on the people size.
- 【Upgraded Armrest】Some customer feedback the arm handle is wobble after assembled, so we have made the improvement in this place to let it more stable. Only 2xM10*55 screws+2 nuts and 2xM10*45 screws(no nuts) are needed now. A detailed picture will be shown soon.
- Tower Dip Station Pull-Up Bar for Home Gym Strength Training Workout Equipment, 400LBS.
The Sportsroyals Power Tower Dip Station Pull-Up Bar is a multi-functional exercise equipment that is designed to tone and target the upper body, including the arms, core, shoulders, chest, and back. It is made with a 14-gauge heavy square steel frame that is coated with a scratch-resistant finish, making it sturdy and durable enough to hold a weight of up to 400 lbs. The power tower has a 39.7-inch long-size H-shape base, which provides more loading points and 8 support points that are formed by the extended steel, increasing the contact area and providing double stability.
This power tower supports various exercises such as vertical knee raise, push-ups, dips, and pull-ups. It also has a humanized design with PU pads for elbow protection, and the armrest is slightly inclined towards the inside at a 10-degree angle to prevent the elbow from slipping off. The height of the pull-up bar can be adjusted from 64.56" to 88.18", making it suitable for all teenagers, and adults' fitness needs at home or in the office. Additionally, it has 7 adjustable holes in the supporting tube, and the back cushion of the power tower can be adjusted before and after based on the person's size.
Sportsroyals is a company that designs and produces fitness equipment for 20 years, and their Power Tower is an extremely versatile exercise equipment, which is precision-designed to define and tone the upper body and develop strong back muscles and abs. They always strive to provide the best products and services to their customers, and if the product does not meet the customer's expectations, they will give a satisfactory solution within 12 hours. With this fantastic dip workout station, you can achieve a gym-quality and whole-body workout, perfect for fat-burning and muscle training, and it is an ideal equipment for home fitness.
- Can support up to 400 lbs weight.
- Multi-functional and can support different exercises.
- Has an armrest design that prevents slipping.
- Adjustable height and backrest positions.
- Sturdy and durable construction.
- Some customers have reported wobbling when using it.
- Assembly may require some time and effort.
- The armrest design is not suitable for all users.
5. AOPA Pull Up Bar For Wide Trim
- 【Max Capacity Exceed 440LBS】1.7mm extra thick heavy-duty steel, rather than 1mm thin steel, increase stability and durability, Max weight capacity of the pullup bar exceed 440LBS. The chin-up bar uses high-quality T-bolt and jam nuts which ensure that the automatic locking position and screws never loosen, providing extra security. With baking paint process, beautiful appearance, Anti-peeling paint, Anti-rust, durable and long-lasting.
- 【Measure Your Door Frame】The length of the doorway pull-up bar is 37’’, which fits any standard doorways width from 24’’ to 32’’, deep from 4.7 to 7.5. Portable design, with No screws, NO holes on the wall, and NO damage to the door. Simple installation, Assembly in seconds. You can remove the workout bar after exercising, making it ideal fitness equipment for home or indoors.
- 【Multifunctional Home Gym】AOPA Pull Up Bars is an ideal upper body exercise equipment with three grip positions, narrow, wide, and neutral. The door pull-up bar supports push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, chin-ups, dips, and arm and shoulder exercises. It's easy to make your home and office become your gym and help you build a strong upper body & core muscles.
- 【Ergonomic Design】1. We offer a pair of additional foam to protect the doorway without marks. 2. The square steel on the chin-up bar top has a thickened foam stripe (others only have a thin stripe) providing extra protection for the wall. 3. Multiple handles are coated with professional-grade high fiber foam, comfortable grip, multi-function, anti-slip, and wear resistance to protect your wrists and relieve fatigue during exercise.
- 【No Worry Buying】 For all AOPA pull up bar, the measurement and capacity is the actual result. Order today and get a 180 days cover on the bar. Before using the workout bar tug down on the grips to make sure the unit is securely installed into the door frame. Any problems please feel free to contact us by email. We will do our best to help you solve the problem.
- for Doorway, Thickened Steel Max Limit 440 LBS Strength Training Pull-up Bar, Portable Multi-function Pullup Chin Up Bar, Heavy Duty Doorway Upper Body Workout Bar for Home Gyms
The AOPA Pull-Up Bar for Doorway is a heavy-duty steel pull-up bar that is designed for upper body strength training at home. It is made of 1.7mm extra thick heavy-duty steel, which is thicker than the standard 1mm thin steel, making it more stable and durable. The bar has a max weight capacity of 440 lbs, which makes it suitable for even the most intense workouts. It uses a high-quality T-bolt and jam nut, which ensures an automatic locking position and screws that never loosen, providing extra security. The bar is coated with anti-peeling and anti-rust paint, making it beautiful, durable, and long-lasting.
The length of the doorway pull-up bar is 37 inches, which fits any standard doorways width from 24 inches to 32 inches, deep from 4.7 inches to 7.5 inches. The portable design does not require screws, holes in the wall, or damage to the door.
The installation is simple and can be done in seconds, making it ideal fitness equipment for home or indoor use. The bar can be removed after exercising, which makes it easy to store. The AOPA Pull Up Bars is an ideal upper body exercise equipment with three grip positions, narrow, wide, and neutral.
- Made of 1.7mm thick heavy-duty steel for stability and durability.
- Has a max weight capacity of 440 lbs.
- Has an automatic locking position with a high-quality T-bolt and jam nut for extra security.
- The portable design can fit standard doorways and is easy to install.
- Has multiple grip positions for various exercises and additional foam to protect the doorway.
- Fits doorways between 24-32 inches wide and 4.7-7.5 inches deep, which may not fit all doorways.
- Some customers have reported the bar not being sturdy enough.
- It’s not suitable for outdoor use.
6. Wall Mount Pull Up Bar
- 48” Multi-Position Grip — The pull-up bar is 48” wide, allowing you to grip it in the wide, parallel or narrow positions to target different upper body muscle group. The angled pull-up bar design protects your wrists while doing wide grip.
- 2 Suspension Anchors — Strong enough to attach additional training accessories: punch bags, TRX straps, power ropes, or yoga straps, offering countless possibilities for your exercises.
- Knurled Wide Grips — Non-slip comfort grips for better hold, offering versatile exercise options. Excellent for pull-ups, chin-ups with multiple grip positions, and leg raise.
- Sturdy Steel Construction — 2”x2” heavy-duty reinforced steel for heavy loads up to 286 LBS. Powder coated in black to resist rust.
- Merax Chin-Up Station assembled dimensions: 48” x 23.5” x 18” (L x W x H)
- 47” Multi-Grip Chin-Up Station with Hangers for Punching Bags, Power Ropes for Home Gym Strength Training Equipment (Black.)
The Wall Mount Pull-Up Bar is a 48” multi-grip chin-up station designed for home gym strength training. The pull-up bar is 48” wide, allowing for multiple grip positions to target different upper body muscle groups. The angled pull-up bar design also helps protect the wrists while doing wide-grip pull-ups.
This pull-up bar also features 2 suspension anchors which are strong enough to attach additional training accessories such as punch bags, TRX straps, power ropes, or yoga straps, offering countless possibilities for exercises. The knurled wide grips provide a non-slip comfort grip for better hold, making it excellent for pull-ups, chin-ups with multiple grip positions, and leg raises.
Constructed with 2”x2” heavy-duty reinforced steel, this pull-up bar is able to withstand heavy loads up to 286 lbs and is powder coated in black to resist rust. The Merax Chin Up Station has assembled dimensions of 48” x 23.5” x 18” (L x W x H) and a product weight of 30 lbs. The pull-up bar is available in two different versions (black or orange) and will be shipped randomly. With a max user capacity of 130KG 286 LBS and a shipping dimension of 46” x 20” x 6” (L x W x H), it is a perfect addition to your home gym.
- 48” wide pull-up bar allows for multiple grip positions to target different upper body muscle groups.
- The angled pull-up bar design protects wrists while doing wide-grip pull-ups.
- 2 suspension anchors allow for the attachment of additional training accessories.
- Knurled wide grips provide a non-slip comfort grip for better hold.
- Constructed with heavy-duty reinforced steel for a maximum load capacity of 286 lbs.
- Only available in black or orange, and will be shipped randomly
- Assembly may be required
- The product weight is 30lbs which may be heavy for some people to move around.
7. Ultimate Body Press Ceiling Mounted Pull-Up Ba
The Ultimate Body Press Ceiling Mounted Pull-Up Bar is a versatile piece of equipment designed to enhance your pull-up workouts. The ceiling mount allows for a total range of motion and frees up wall space for other large equipment, while the patented reversible risers provide flexibility for mounting below 16-inch floor joists or 24-inch ceiling joists.
The ergonomic bar has 4 finely tuned angled grips, providing a natural hand position and reducing strain for greater intensity and focus. The 4 grip positions are covered in high-density foam for added comfort. The Ceiling Mount Pull-Up Bar is precision engineered for easy home installation and includes assembly instructions, a mounting template, complete hardware, and USA tech support.
In addition to pull-ups, the Ceiling Mount Pull-Up Bar can also be used to anchor optional bodyweight resistance trainers, turning it into a full-bodyweight gym. The product is designed in the USA by Ultimate Body Press, a North Carolina company dedicated to delivering better workouts every day. It is backed by a 10-year manufacturer's warranty. The Ceiling Mount Pull-Up Bar is a great choice for those looking to maximize their pull-up workouts and preserve floor space in their home gym.
- The ceiling mount allows for a total range of motion and frees up wall space.
- Patented reversible risers provide flexibility for mounting below 16-inch floor joists or 24-inch ceiling joists.
- 4 finely tuned angled grips provide a natural hand position and reduce strain.
- High-density foam covers the 4 grip positions for added comfort.
- Precision-engineered for easy home installation and includes assembly instructions, mounting template, complete hardware, and USA tech support.
- Ceiling mount installation may not be suitable for all homes
- Some users may find the installation process difficult or time-consuming
- Anchor-optional bodyweight resistance trainers are sold separately.
8. ProsourceFit: Best Pull-Up Bars for Wide Doors
- COMFORTABLE GRIP - 6 non-slip grip positions to comfortably perform wide, narrow and neutral-grip exercises
- MULTI-FUNCTION – Target multiple upper body & core muscles with pull-ups, push-ups, dips, and hanging crunches
- EASY TO USE - Portable design easily fits on any standard doorway 24 to 32, and is simple to assemble and install
- HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION - Made of high grade steel that’s built to last, and holds up to 300 pound
- CONVENIENT STRENGTH TRAINING - Workout your back, chest, arms & abs with one piece of equipment in the comfort of home
- Multi-Grip Lite Pull Up/Chin Up Bar, Heavy Duty Doorway Upper Body Workout Bar for Home Gyms 24”-32” (ps-1240-cu-basic), Black
The ProsourceFit Multi-Grip Lite Pull-Up/Chin-Up Bar is a heavy-duty doorway upper-body workout bar for home gyms. It is designed to fit on any standard doorway 24" to 32" without drilling holes in your wall, making it easy to assemble and install. With 6 non-slip grip positions, it allows you to comfortably perform wide, narrow, and neutral-grip exercises, targeting multiple upper body and core muscles.
The pull-up bar is made of high-grade steel that’s built to last and can hold up to 300 pounds. The foam cushion grips provide a comfortable and slip-free workout, making it convenient for strength training in the comfort of your home. You can use it for pull-ups, chin-ups, push-ups, dips, hanging crunches, and leg raises, or place it on the floor as an anchor during sit-ups.
ProsourceFIT is a company that makes high-quality products for strength and resistance training, performance, muscle recovery, yoga, and Pilates. Their fitness equipment is made with commercial gym quality at prices that also make them ideal for home workouts. This pull-up bar is an excellent addition to your home gym and will help you to achieve your fitness goals with the convenience of working out at home. The slim design also makes it easy to store in closets, between shelves, or underneath the couch.
- Fits on most standard door frames and is easy to install without drilling holes in the wall.
- 6 non-slip grip positions for wide, narrow, and neutral-grip exercises.
- Can be used for multiple exercises targeting upper body and core muscles.
- Made of high-grade steel and can hold up to 300 pounds.
- Foam cushion grips provide a comfortable and slip-free workout.
- Only fits standard doorways 24″ to 32″ wide and 6″ deep
- Some users may find the assembly process difficult.
- The product is not suitable for people who have doorways that are not a standard size.
9. Iron Gym Doorway Pull Up Bar
- PULL UP BAR FOR DOORWAY: Plan your home workout regime with Iron Gym Pull up bars, turn any doorway into a personal gym and get the strong, lean body you always wanted, right at home. It instantly attaches to or removes from your door frame and the heavy-duty steel construction supports up to 300 pounds
- IDEAL FOR UPPER BODY WORKOUT: Iron Gym Pull Up Bars is an ideal upper body exercise equipment with three grip positions, narrow, wide, and neutral. It offers wide grip push-ups, pull-ups, chin-ups, sit-ups, dips, arm and shoulder exercises – every exercise you need to build a powerful upper body
- HEAVY-DUTY: Constructed with heavy-duty steel, the metal chin-up bar ensures sturdiness and reliability, while the bar handgrip has professional-grade comfort foam for comfortable ergonomic gripping. The indoor gym bar is finished with shiny platinum to give your interiors an exotic match
- FITS MOST DOORWAYS: Comes in a unit packaging dimensions of 20x3.25x8 inches, it fits up to 35.4-inch-wide door frames. It can be used for an indoor workout, please keep in mind that the doorway should be 24 – 32 inches wide to accommodate the bar
- EASY INSTALLATION: Our doorframe pullup bar comes with come with safety brackets, a safety manual and assembly tools, making it easy to install and remove in seconds. It uses leverage to hold against the doorway so there are no screws and no damage to the door
- Total Upper Body Workout Bar for Doorway, Adjustable Width Locking, No Screws Portable Door Frame Horizontal Chin-up Bar, Fitness Exercise & Training Equipment for Home
The Iron Gym Pull-Up Bar is a portable doorway exercise equipment that promises to help you achieve a strong and lean upper body through pull-ups, chin-ups, and abdominal exercises. It instantly attaches to or removes from your door frame and the heavy-duty steel construction supports up to 300 pounds.
It features three grip positions: narrow, wide, and neutral, and can be used for wide grip push-ups, pull-ups, chin-ups, sit-ups, dips, arm, and shoulder exercises. It is constructed with heavy-duty steel and comes with professional-grade comfort foam for comfortable ergonomic gripping. It fits most doorways up to 35.4 inches wide and comes with safety brackets, a safety manual, and assembly tools for easy installation and removal.
The bar is easy to install and remove and comes with safety brackets, a safety manual, and assembly tools. However, some users may find the assembly process difficult, and some reviews have reported difficulty fitting the bar together, as well as a weak bars that may not hold the weight properly. Overall, it is a good option for anyone looking for a convenient and effective upper body workout at home.
- Instantly attaches to or removes from the door frame and supports up to 300 pounds.
- Offers 3 grip positions for a range of exercises targeting upper body and core muscles
- Made of heavy-duty steel for durability and sturdiness.
- Features professional-grade comfort foam for comfortable ergonomic gripping.
- Comes with safety brackets, a safety manual, and assembly tools for easy installation and removal.
- Some users may find the assembly process difficult.
- Some reviews have reported difficulty fitting the bar together.
- Some reviews have reported that the bar may prove to be weak and may not hold the weight properly.
How To Choose The Best Pull-Up Bars for Wide Doors | Ultimate Guide 2023
The Pull-up bars for wide doors mount to the door jamb. The door pull rod usually consists of a telescopic rod that adjusts to the width of the door and is the ideal solution for anyone looking for a screwless pull rod. The ends of the door bar are generally equipped with rubber pads to avoid damaging the door itself.
Things to consider before buying a pull-up bar
When choosing a door pull-up bar, it is necessary to pay attention to its dimensions, which are in line with the measurements of the frame. If the frame has standard measurements, it is usually difficult to make mistakes. If the door frame has been custom-made, smaller or larger than standard, some bars may not be suitable.
Instead, when choosing a bar with a supporting structure or a bar to hang on the wall, you need to pay attention only to have enough space in the room. If space is limited, it is always better to opt for smaller or resealable models.
Using a pull-up bar over the maximum weight it can support means subjecting it to excessive effort that could lead to its breaking. If you weigh 100 kg then you cannot buy a bar with a maximum limit of 80 kg, so definitely consider the pruning of the bar you are about to choose. Certainly, for imported weights, it is recommended to switch to a power rack that is able to support higher weights.
In addition to evaluating your current body weight, it also evaluates any weight gain that you plan to undertake over the next few months: if your training is aimed at increasing muscle mass, it is advisable to choose a pull-up bar that supports significantly more weight than body weight.
Other factors to keep in mind when choosing a pull-up bar
Are the materials important?
The materials from which the pull-up bar is constructed are very important. Usually, this type of tool is made of steel, which is strong enough not to bend even after much use. Some bars are made of iron , which weighs as much as steel but is not as strong. Be wary of aluminum or aluminum alloy traction bars.
Aluminum in fact tends to deform when subjected to strong stress. Other important elements to judge regarding the materials are the parts that come into contact with the hands or with the possible support structure. Some models have a sponge cover where you grab the pull-up bar, to offer a more comfortable and firm grip even when your hands are wet. The parts that come into contact with the door in the case of bars for telescopic or door traction are better cushioned by soft rubber pads, to avoid damaging the door, especially if it is made of wood.
Is the brand important?
The brand is not a key factor in assessing the quality of a pull-up bar. It is certainly an important element and can be assessed on the basis of any past experiences that have occurred when purchasing products of the same brand. However, there are many almost unknown smaller brands that produce good quality models and are not subject to the surcharge that most models produced by well-known companies go through. So we strongly advise not to rely only on the brand name to choose your traction bar but to carefully evaluate the elements that we have thoroughly analyzed in the previous paragraphs of this buying guide.
Does the price matter?
For the price, a similar argument to that made for the brand is valid: it must not be the only element of evaluation of the product but it can still make the difference once all the elements described in the previous paragraphs have been analyzed. The price of these tools is of course influenced by many factors, such as the type of pull-up bar, the manufacturer, and more. To get an idea of the general price of traction bars, we can say that telescopic bars have a price of around $20, door bars cost slightly more and can exceed $30 . The wall models, on the other hand, have a price that is close to 50 $and finally, the Power Towers exceed one hundred dollars. However, it must be considered that the latter are very versatile tools and suitable for professional training.
Useful tips for pull-up bars for wide door frames
Do you need more advice before buying a traction bar for wide door frames? Do you need help in setting it up and making the most of it? If so, please note the following points.
Read the instructions
Always read the assembly or installation instructions before using the pull-up bar.
Check the door frame
Once the pull-up bar is in place, repeat the exercise (perhaps with someone close by to watch) and check the door frame for cracks or anything unusual.
Once the pull-up bar is installed, be sure to use it regularly. This is the only way to improve your pull-ups.
Best Pull-Up Bars for Wide Doors | Video Explanation
Is it safe to train with pull-up bars?
Self-supporting and wall-mounted pull-up bars are safe as long as they are made of high-quality, durable, and stable materials. Door pull-up bars are also safe. The door frame is in fact bolted to the wall and the bars are designed to distribute the weight evenly. However, it is important to pay attention to the material of the frame: if it is fragile wood or cheap plastic, it is possible that it will break and the bar becomes unsafe.
How much weight can a barred door hold?
The maximum weight that a pull-up bar can support varies from model to model. There are pull-up bars designed for small and medium-sized bodies, which support up to a maximum of 100-150 kg, and bars designed for large bodies, which can even support 350 kg.
Can pull-up bars damage the door frame?
The bars are designed not to damage the door frame, as they allow even body weight distribution. They often have a soft rubber coating on the ends to prevent scratches.
What types of training are bars effective for?
In training, pull-ups can be performed with a supine grip or with a prone grip. The supine grip consists of grasping the bar from behind, keeping the hands shoulder-width apart. To complete the exercise, you need to raise yourself up to your chest. These are the simplest pull-ups, which require less effort, and which for this reason can be performed in a greater number of repetitions.
How many pull-ups are needed to build muscle?
The number of pull-ups depends on the goal you want to achieve, whether you want to get stronger or develop greater endurance. In a study, it is shown that with the four sets of three or five repetitions, the athletes gained more strength while with two sets of 20 or 28 reps gained more resistance.
Do Pull-Up Bars Fit All Doors?
No, pull-up bars do not fit all doors. The type of doorframe and the dimensions of the doorframe play a significant role in determining whether a pull-up bar will fit properly.
Most pull-up bars are designed to fit standard doorframes, which typically have dimensions of around 24 to 36 inches in width and 6 to 8 inches in depth. If the doorframe is narrower or wider than this range, then the pull-up bar may not fit properly.
Additionally, some doorframes may be too thin or too thick to accommodate a pull-up bar. It is important to check the manufacturer's specifications for the pull-up bar to ensure that it will fit properly on the doorframe.
Finally, some doorframes may not be strong enough to support the weight of a person doing pull-ups. It is essential to choose a sturdy and well-constructed pull-up bar that can support your weight and the weight of any additional equipment you may be using.
How Wide Should A Door Frame Be For A Pull-Up Bar?
A door frame for a pull-up bar should be at least 24 inches (61 cm) to 36 inches (91 cm) wide to accommodate most standard pull-up bars. This is because most pull-up bars are designed to fit onto door frames within this range.
However, it's important to note that the exact width requirement may vary depending on the specific pull-up bar model and brand. Some pull-up bars are adjustable and can fit on door frames of varying widths, while others may have a narrower or wider range of compatibility.
It's always recommended to check the manufacturer's specifications and installation instructions for the pull-up bar you are considering to ensure that it will fit properly on your door frame. Additionally, make sure to measure your door frame accurately to ensure that the pull-up bar will fit securely and safely.
What Is The Best Pull-Up Bar To Not Damage A Door?
There are several types of pull-up bars that are designed to minimize or prevent damage to a doorframe. Here are some options:
- Doorway-mounted pull-up bars with no screws: Some pull-up bars use leverage to stay in place without the need for screws or bolts. These types of pull-up bars can be a good choice if you want to avoid damaging your doorframe. Examples of these types of pull-up bars include the Perfect Fitness Multi-Gym and the Iron Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar.
- Doorway-mounted pull-up bars with foam padding: Some pull-up bars come with foam padding that helps to protect the doorframe from scratches and dents. Examples of these types of pull-up bars include the ProsourceFit Multi-Grip Chin-Up/Pull-Up Bar and the Ultimate Body Press Wall-Mounted Doorway Pull-Up Bar.
- Ceiling-mounted pull-up bars: If you want to avoid any risk of damage to your doorframe, a ceiling-mounted pull-up bar can be a good option. These pull-up bars require installation into the ceiling or wall, but they can provide a more stable and secure platform for your workouts. Examples of these types of pull-up bars include the Ultimate Body Press Ceiling Mounted Pull-Up Bar and the Rogue P-4 Pull-Up System.
Ultimately, the best pull-up bar for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences. Be sure to consider factors like the size of your doorframe, the weight capacity of the pull-up bar, and any additional features that you may need or want. Also, be sure to follow the manufacturer's installation instructions carefully to ensure that the pull-up bar is installed safely and securely.
How Do I Choose A Pull-Up Bar For My Door?
Choosing a pull-up bar for your door can seem overwhelming given the many options available in the market. Here are some factors to consider when choosing a pull-up bar for your door:
- Doorframe measurements: Measure the width and depth of your doorframe to ensure that the pull-up bar you select is compatible with your door. Most pull-up bars are designed to fit standard doorframes, but some may require a specific minimum width or depth.
- Weight capacity: Consider your weight and the weight of any additional equipment you may use, such as weights or resistance bands, and choose a pull-up bar with a weight capacity that can support that weight.
- Type of pull-up bar: Decide what type of pull-up bar you prefer. There are different types of pull-up bars available, including doorway-mounted pull-up bars and ceiling-mounted pull-up bars. Doorway-mounted pull-up bars are more portable and easy to install, while ceiling-mounted pull-up bars offer more stability and weight capacity.
- Durability: Look for a pull-up bar that is sturdy and durable. Pull-up bars made of high-quality materials, such as steel or aluminum, tend to be more durable and long-lasting.
- Additional features: Consider any additional features that you may need or want, such as foam padding to protect your doorframe, multiple grip positions, or the ability to perform other exercises like dips or push-ups.
- Budget: Set a budget for yourself and choose a pull-up bar that fits within your price range.
By considering these factors, you can choose a pull-up bar that is compatible with your door, fits your needs and preferences, and provides a safe and effective workout. It's always a good idea to read reviews and check the manufacturer's specifications and installation instructions before making a purchase.
Does The Pull-Up Bar Destroy The Door?
When installed and used correctly, a pull-up bar should not destroy the door. However, if the pull-up bar is not installed properly or if it is used with excessive force, it can cause damage to the doorframe, including scratches, dents, or even cracks. To prevent damage, it's important to follow the manufacturer's installation instructions carefully, choose a pull-up bar that is compatible with your doorframe, and use the bar within its weight capacity.
Are Doors Strong Enough For Pull-Ups?
Most standard doorframes are not designed to support the weight of a person doing pull-ups. However, some doorframes may be strong enough to support light to moderate weight, particularly if they are made of solid wood or metal. It's important to check the manufacturer's specifications for the pull-up bar and the doorframe to ensure that the doorframe is sturdy enough to support the weight of the user and the pull-up bar. Additionally, some pull-up bars are designed to distribute the weight more evenly across the doorframe to reduce the risk of damage or injury.
How Much Weight Can A Door Frame Pull-Up Bar Hold?
The weight capacity of a door frame pull-up bar varies depending on the specific model and brand. Most pull-up bars have a weight capacity of around 250 to 300 pounds (113 to 136 kg), but some heavy-duty models can support up to 600 pounds (272 kg) or more. It's important to choose a pull-up bar with a weight capacity that can support your weight and any additional weight from equipment like weights or resistance bands. It's also important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for installation and weight capacity to ensure safe and effective use of the pull-up bar.
Which Pull-Up Bar Is The Best?
The best pull-up bar for you depends on your specific needs and preferences. Some factors to consider when choosing a pull-up bar include doorframe measurements, weight capacity, type of pull-up bar, durability, additional features, and budget. Some popular options for pull-up bars include the Iron Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar, the ProSource Multi-Grip Chin-Up/Pull-Up Bar, and the Perfect Fitness Multi-Gym Doorway Pull-Up Bar. It's important to read reviews, check the manufacturer's specifications, and follow the installation instructions carefully to ensure safe and effective use of the pull-up bar.
How Can You Prevent Damaging The Door Frame With A Pull-Up Bar?
To prevent damaging the door frame with a pull-up bar, it's important to follow the manufacturer's installation instructions carefully. Some tips for preventing damage include:
- Choosing a pull-up bar that is compatible with your doorframe
- Ensuring that the doorframe is sturdy enough to support the weight of the user and the pull-up bar
- Using a pull-up bar that distributes weight evenly across the doorframe
- Placing a towel or foam padding between the pull-up bar and the doorframe to prevent scratches or dents
- Avoiding excessive force or swinging when using the pull-up bar
- Checking the doorframe regularly for any signs of damage and discontinuing use of the pull-up bar if the damage is detected
Is Door Pull-Up Bars Stable?
Door pull-up bars can be stable if they are installed and used correctly. However, they may not be as stable as other types of pull-up bars, such as ceiling-mounted or wall-mounted bars. It's important to choose a pull-up bar that is compatible with your doorframe, use the bar within its weight capacity, and avoid excessive force or swinging. Some pull-up bars may have multiple grip positions or additional features, such as foam padding or adjustable length, that can help improve stability and prevent damage to the doorframe.
Is It Worth Buying A Pull-Up Bar?
Whether or not it is worth buying a pull-up bar depends on your fitness goals, workout preferences, and available space and budget.
Pull-up bars are an affordable and convenient way to work out at home, and they can help improve upper body strength, endurance, and muscle definition. They are also versatile, as they can be used for a variety of exercises beyond just pull-ups, such as chin-ups, hanging leg raises, and dips.
If you enjoy doing bodyweight exercises and want to incorporate pull-ups into your workout routine, a pull-up bar can be a valuable investment. However, if you prefer other types of exercises or don't have the space or budget for a pull-up bar, there are many other ways to work on your upper body strength and fitness goals.
Ultimately, whether or not it is worth buying a pull-up bar depends on your personal fitness goals and preferences. If you do decide to purchase a pull-up bar, be sure to choose a high-quality, stable model that is compatible with your doorframe and use it safely and effectively to avoid injury or damage to the doorframe.
Are Pull-Up Bars Without Screws Safe?
Pull-up bars without screws can be safe if they are designed and installed properly. However, they may not be as stable or secure as pull-up bars that are screwed into the doorframe or wall. Some pull-up bars without screws use leverage to stay in place, which can be effective but may not be suitable for all types of doorframes or walls. It's important to choose a pull-up bar that is compatible with your home and use it safely and effectively to avoid injury or damage to the doorframe or wall.
What Can I Do Instead Of Pull-Ups At Home?
If you don't have a pull-up bar or prefer not to use one, there are many other exercises you can do at home to improve your upper body strength and fitness. Some options include:
- Push-ups: Push-ups are a classic exercise that can help strengthen the chest, shoulders, triceps, and core.
- Dips: Dips can be done using parallel bars or two sturdy chairs and can help strengthen the triceps, chest, and shoulders.
- Bodyweight rows: Bodyweight rows can be done using a sturdy table or chairs and can help strengthen the back and biceps.
- Resistance band exercises: Resistance bands are an affordable and versatile piece of equipment that can be used for a variety of upper body exercises, such as bicep curls, chest presses, and shoulder raises.
- Yoga: Yoga can help improve overall strength, flexibility, and balance, and can include poses that target the upper body, such as the plank, upward facing dog, and dolphin pose.
There are many other exercises and workouts that can help improve your upper body strength and fitness, so it's important to find what works best for you and your goals.
Best Pull-Up Bars for Wide Doors are an essential piece of equipment for home training. Without them, important muscle groups that are difficult to reach with traditional bodyweight exercises are neglected. However, normal pull-up bars don't fit through the widest doorways.
Also, there are many options for the best pull-up bars for wide doors, but you can use the guide we've provided to help you choose the right one for you.
Hi, I am Matt Storace and I am a former personal trainer and founder of Beast Biceps. We had to find ways to train at home. When I started looking for the equipment I needed, I quickly realized that there were no good resources online. So I created Beast Biceps. It is a treasure trove of information developed from my experience and research. Read More Here
Leave a Reply