Looking for the Best Plyometric Jump Boxes for Every Budget. This article reviews seven of the best plyometric metric jump boxes available in 2022 and includes a buying guide.
plyometric metric exercises are powerful, explosive exercises designed to improve strength, agility, and endurance. They allow you to work your muscles to their maximum potential in a short amount of time.
plyometric metric jumps are popular in sports that require explosive strength, such as CrossFit and MMA, and are one of the most recognized of these exercises. The exercise involves stretching a muscle quickly and then contracting it again.
Best plyometric metric Jump Boxes for Every Budget
Many gyms have plyometric metric equipment for exercising, but having one at home is a great way to continue training even when you can’t make it to the gym.
Below we review seven of the best plyometric boxes, taking into account important factors such as durability, height options, and slip resistance. We also provide a guide to help you choose the Best Plyometric Jump Boxes for Every Budget.
Best Plyometric Metric Jump Boxes for Every Budget | Comparison Table | 2022
Top Quality | 5-Star Picks | Great Prices
|BalanceFrom 3 in 1 20 Inch 24 Inch 30 Inch Foam Plyometric Box Jumping Exercise (Regular, 16 Pounds)||BalanceFrom||Check Price|
|Yes4All 3 in 1 Wooden Plyo Box - Natural - 24 x 20 x 16||Yes4All||Check Price|
|Garage Fit 3 in 1 Wood Plyo Box - 20/24/30 inch Plyometrics Box - Great plyo Boxes for Cross Training, MMA, Aerobic, or Plyometric Jump Box Explosive Training||Garage Fit||Check Price|
|Wood Plyometric Box 20/18/16 by Day 1 Fitness, 3-in-1, for Crossfit Training, Jumps - Heavy-Duty, Non-Slip Plyo Boxes with Rounded Corners for Safety - Durable Conditioning Equipment||Day 1 Fitness||Check Price|
|Yes4All 3 in 1 Foam Plyo Box, Plyometric Box Platform for Crossfit, Jump Training, MMA & Conditioning (Heavy Duty - 20" x 18" x 16" - 26.5Lb)||Yes4All||Check Price|
|Holleyweb 3 in 1 Foam Plyometric Jump Box 20"x24"x30" Jump Training & Conditioning-Plyo Jump Box for Jump Training Fitness Workout Exercise||Holleyweb||Check Price|
|POWER GUIDANCE 3 in 1 Wood & Soft Plyometric Jump Box, Plyo Box for Jump Training and Conditioning - 30/24/20, 24/20/16, 16/14/12||POWER GUIDANCE||Check Price|
|VEVOR 3 in 1 Wood Plyo Box, Plyometric Jump Box,Easy-to-Assemble Plyo Box for Jumping Trainers,Training and Conditioning (30"X20"X24")||VEVOR||Check Price|
|Synergee 3 in 1 Non-Slip Wood Plyometric Box for Jump Training and Conditioning. Wooden Plyo Box All in One Jump Trainer. Size - 16/14/12||Synergee||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Best Plyometric Metric Jump Boxes for Every Budget | Product Overview 2022
1. BalanceFrom 3 in 1 Foam Plyometric Box
- Reinforced Core: 16 pounds version but with reinforced core for better stability
- Three in one - Simply rotate the box to get 20-inch, 24-inch and 30-inch
- No injuries - Durable foam material so you don’t have to worry about getting injured
- Anti-slip - the surface is a slip-free, meaning you can have stability with every single set of jumps
- Weight: 1129 lbs, Dimensions: 610 × 508 in
The BalanceFrom 3-in-1 Plyometric Box is an exercise equipment designed for performing box jumps. It comes in two styles: a regular style that weighs 16 pounds and a heavy-duty style that weighs 60 pounds. The 3-in-1 design of the box allows users to rotate it to get different heights of 20 inches, 24 inches, and 30 inches for various levels of difficulty.
The box is made of durable foam material to ensure safety and minimize the risk of injury during use. The surface of the box is anti-slip, providing stability for users as they perform their jumps. All genuine BalanceFrom products come with 100% satisfaction support and a 2-year support guarantee. Box jumps are a great exercise for improving overall fitness and building a strong, toned body.
They are suitable for people of all fitness levels and can be incorporated into workouts for a variety of sports and activities. The BalanceFrom 3 in 1 Plyometric Box is a versatile and durable piece of equipment that can help you achieve your fitness goals.
- The 3-in-1 design allows for adjustable difficulty levels.
- The box is made of durable foam material, ensuring safety during use.
- The surface of the box is anti-slip, providing stability for users.
- The product comes with 100% satisfaction support and a 2-year support guarantee.
- Box jumps are a great exercise for improving overall fitness and building a strong, toned body.
- The product may be too lightweight for some users, especially those looking for more challenging workouts.
- The box may not be suitable for very tall individuals as the highest height may not be sufficient for them.
- The price of the product may be considered expensive by some users.\
2. Yes4All 3 in 1 Wooden Plyo Box
- ONE BOX, MULTIPLE FUNCTIONS: with just only our Vintage Wooden Plyo Box, you can do daily workouts right at home, while having a beautiful extra piece of furniture for your cozy house.
- THREE COLORS FOR YOUR CHOICE: the plyometric boxes are produced in three vintage colors – Natural Wood, Espresso and Moss Brown. Have your place decorated further with a versatile product that suits the house
- DURABLE PLYOWOOD: made of high-quality plywood, the wooden box offers sturdiness, stability and safety for your training in long time use.
- THREE LEVELS & FOUR SIZES: Owning 3 levels within 1 box, the workout jumping box features different height options so users can decide which one they’re going to practice with. From beginners to advanced athletes, one box is all you need
- EASY ASSEMBLING: including everything you need for ease of assembling. The box jump exercise equipment is easy to put up and use, which is ideal to do plyometric box jump Crossfit exercises at home, and it also makes a great choice for house decoration
The Yes4All 3-in-1 Wooden Plyo Box is a versatile and functional piece of exercise equipment that is perfect for home workouts. It is made of high-quality plywood and has a sturdy, stable design that is suitable for long-term use. This plyometric box features three different height options, making it suitable for users of all skill levels, from beginners to advanced athletes.
It is also easy to assemble and includes everything you need for a quick and convenient setup. The slip-free top of the plyo box helps to prevent accidental slips during workouts, and the edges are sanded for added comfort and safety. It is available in four different sizes to save space in your home gym and can be rotated for more challenging heights.
This wooden plyo box is ideal for a variety of explosive training programs, including Plyometric exercises, CrossFit workouts, MMA, box squats, and step-ups. It is a great way to increase strength, agility, and power, and is suitable for all athletic sports.
- Made of high-quality plywood for durability and stability.
- Features three different height options for users of all skill levels.
- Easy to assemble with everything included.
- Slip-free top helps to prevent accidents during workouts.
- Edges are sanded for added comfort and safety.
- May not be as sturdy as some other plyo box options.
- Limited color options (natural wood, espresso, and moss brown).
- May be too expensive for some budgets.
3. Garage Fit 3 in 1 Wood Plyo Box
- - MAXIMUM EFFORT WITHOUT FEAR: The rounded wood plyo box corners guarantee you can put in maximum effort with every jump because you wont get hurt.
- - DRASTICALLY IMPROVED SPORTS PERFORMANCE: Perform a huge selection of exercises on the plyo jump box drastically improving your jumping ability no matter what your sport.
- - 3 SIZES FOR THE PRICE OF 1: Save huge money and space, because the plyometric workout box comes in 3 of the most popular sizes available (20 x 24 x 30), (16x20x24), (18x20x24), or (12x14x16) PLEASE NOTE: YOU ARE PURCHASING ONE PLYO BOX, NOT THREE
- - ROCK SOLID PLYO BOX: The puzzle joints and bracing means the plyo box is as solid as a rock and can handle 350 pounds.
- - DESIGNED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE: Box squat box ships flat to save you money and pre-drilled holes makes set up easy. Click Add to Cart now!
The Garage Fit Wood Plyo Box is a versatile and durable exercise tool designed to help athletes improve their jumping ability and performance. It comes in three popular sizes - 20" x 24" x 30", 18"x20"x24", and 16"x20"x24" - making it suitable for a wide range of exercises and training levels. The plyo box is made of construction-grade 3/4" plywood and features puzzle joints and bracing to ensure it can handle up to 350 lbs of weight. Its rounded corners help prevent injury during jumps, and the flat shipping design and pre-drilled holes make it easy to assemble.
The plyo box can be used for a variety of exercises, including box jumps, kneeling box jumps, depth jumps, step-ups with knee thrusts, box squats, and lateral box jumps. It is a cost-effective and space-saving solution for plyometric training, and it can help athletes increase their jumping ability and confidence in their sport.
- Versatile and suitable for a wide range of exercises and training levels.
- Durable and able to handle up to 350 lbs of weight.
- Rounded corners help prevent injury during jumps.
- Easy to assemble with flat shipping design and pre-drilled holes.
- Cost-effective and space-saving solution for plyometric training.
- Only available in 3 sizes.
- May be too large or heavy for some users to move or store easily.
- May not be suitable for all types of plyometric training or exercises.
4. Day 1 Fitness Wood Plyometric Box
- SUPERIOR PLYO BOX: This premium plyometric box by Day 1 Fitness is the perfect way to train your vertical leap, coordination and gain explosive power! Develop your quadriceps and enhance your metabolism with this intense workout box!
- 3 SIZES IN 1 BOX: Our crossfit boxes come in 4 different sizes to suit your needs, whether you are a beginner or a professional athlete seeking a challenge. Each box can be rotated 3 different ways for more difficult heights to boost your exercises.
- VERSATILE EXERCISE EQUIPMENT: In addition to building power, explosiveness and coordination, you can use our crossfit box for a total body workout! Perform tricep dips, incline push-ups, reverse lunges, split squats, and more for intense workouts!
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: This crossfit training equipment comes with everything you need for quick and convenient assembly. It features pre-drilled holes, and rounded corners for maximum safety during workouts. Size 16/14/12 has NO inner supports.
The Day 1 Fitness Wood Plyometric Box is a versatile and durable piece of fitness equipment that can be used to improve coordination, explosiveness, and power in the lower body. It is available in four sizes (16x14x12, 20x18x16, 24x20x16, and 30x24x20) to accommodate different skill levels and can be rotated to offer varying degrees of difficulty.
In addition to plyometric exercises like jumps, this CrossFit box can also be used for a full-body workout, including exercises like tricep dips, incline push-ups, reverse lunges, and split squats. The box features pre-drilled holes and rounded corners for easy assembly and added safety during workouts. It is built to last and can be used in both home and commercial gyms.
Day 1 Fitness, a US-based company, designs and manufactures all of its products with the help of industry leaders and proudly supports local businesses. Customers can shop with confidence, knowing that the company is committed to providing a top-notch shopping experience.
- Can be used to improve coordination, explosiveness, and power in the lower body.
- Available in four sizes to accommodate different skill levels.
- Can be rotated for varying degrees of difficulty.
- Can be used for a full-body workout.
- Features pre-drilled holes and rounded corners for easy assembly and added safety.
- May be too large or heavy for some home gyms.
- May be too expensive for some budgets.
- Some users may not have the necessary space for plyometric training.
5. Yes4All 3 in 1 Foam Plyo Box
- STRONG AND STURDY CONSTRUCTION: The thick, durable vinyl cover resists wear and tear while remaining firm even after heavy use. You do not have to worry about dirt & footprints as PVC covering allows you to wipe clean the box quickly & conveniently
- BUILD STRENGTH AND EXPLOSIVE POWER: Perfect for plyometric & HIIT exercises, MMA & CrossFit workouts, 3 different height settings let you control the difficulty levels for push-ups, step-ups, box-squats, squats, lunges, dips and many more
- BENEFITS OF PLYOMETRIC TRAINING: Increase the elasticity & muscle strength thus reduce the risk of injuries; it also improves physical speed and help your body burn calories & hasten weight loss effectively
- DIMENSIONS: 16x18x20” (L x W x H). Our Foam Plyo Box is made from high quality foam and PVC leather. Built to last, the box can hold up to 350 lbs
- ADJUSTABLE & EXTRA SAFE DESIGN: 3 sided unique designs offer 3 different heights. PVC leather covers prevents slipping and makes it easier on your skin & your shins on missed steps
The Yes4All 3-in-1 Foam Plyo Box is a versatile training equipment designed for plyometric and HIIT exercises, as well as MMA and CrossFit workouts. It features three different height settings of 16", 24", and 30", allowing you to control the difficulty levels of various exercises such as push-ups, step-ups, box squats, squats, lunges, and dips.
The plyo box is made of high-quality foam and covered with thick and durable PVC leather that is resistant to wear and tear. It has a weight capacity of 350 lbs and is suitable for people of all fitness levels. The PVC covering allows you to wipe the box clean quickly and conveniently, and it also prevents slipping and protects your skin and shins during missed steps. The box is made of ultra-dense PE foam that is firm enough to perform multiple plyometric movements while still providing a secured jump platform that protects your joints on jumps.
The Yes4All Foam Plyo Box is an essential piece of equipment for boosting your jumping ability, improving physical speed, increasing total body strength and power, and hastening weight loss. It is easy to adjust and customize your workouts, and it comes fully assembled, saving you time and effort. However, it is important to note that the plyo box should not be used on smooth flooring and it is recommended to use it on a mat.
It is also important to consult a physician before starting any exercise program and to have a professional trainer guide you through the correct steps for each exercise, especially at the enhanced difficulty level of the 30" height setting.
- Versatile training equipment suitable for various exercises and workouts.
- Three different height settings for adjustable difficulty levels.
- Made of high-quality foam and PVC leather for durability.
- Weight capacity of 350 lbs suitable for people of all fitness levels.
- Easy to clean and maintain with PVC covering.
- Not suitable for use on smooth flooring, must be used on a mat.
- Professional guidance is recommended, especially at the highest difficulty level.
- Children and pets should be kept away from the equipment while in use.
6. Holleyweb 3 in 1 Foam Plyo Box
- THREE IN ONE:Our plyometric box gives you 3 different levels to work with,enabling you to add more variety to your plyometric box training and practice according to the difficulty level of your own choosing.
- DURABLE FOAM CONSTRUCTION:Made from durable vinyl,PVC covering allows you to wipe clean the box quickly.Specifically designed with a slip-free surface, you can have the safety and stability you need in every single jump.
- VERSATILE WORKOUT:Plyo boxes are a tremendous training tool.Besides the customary stationary jump,they are used for step-ups,lateral jumps,approaching jumps,reverse dips,and inverted push-ups.
- BENEFITS OF PLYOMETRIC TRAINING:Plyometrics utilize the speed and force of quick,challenging movements to build muscle power.It comes as no surprise that plyometric boxes are a favorite piece of exercise equipment for performance-oriented athletes,including CrossFitters,track and field runners,and MMA fighters.
- SUITABLE FOR COMMERCIAL & INDIVIDUAL USE:This Box is durable,stable,easy to use,which is a perfect choice for gym center with numerous users and ideal for you to do jumping exercises at home.
The Holleyweb 3-in-1 Foam Plyometric Jump Box is a versatile and durable piece of exercise equipment that is perfect for jump training, fitness workouts, and plyometric exercises. With three different levels to choose from, you can customize your workouts according to your own fitness level and preferences. The box is made from a durable vinyl with a PVC covering, which allows you to wipe it clean easily and ensures a slip-free surface for safety and stability during your jumps.
In addition to traditional stationary jumps, this plyometric box can also be used for step-ups, lateral jumps, approaching jumps, reverse dips, and inverted push-ups, making it a great tool for a wide range of workouts. Plyometric training is a popular choice among athletes, including CrossFitters, track and field runners, and MMA fighters, as it helps to build muscle power and speed through quick and challenging movements.
This plyo box is suitable for both commercial and individual use, making it a great choice for gym centers and for use in the home. It is also suitable for use with children, with a weight limit of 440 pounds and a durable foam construction that helps to reduce the risk of injury. The box is filled with pearl cotton, which helps to absorb the impact of your jumps and protect your legs from injury.
Overall, the Holleyweb 3-in-1 Foam Plyometric Jump Box is a durable and versatile piece of exercise equipment that is perfect for anyone looking to add more variety to their workouts and improve their strength, power, and conditioning. Its slip-free surface and foam construction make it safe and comfortable to use, while its three different levels offer a range of challenges to suit all fitness levels.
- Three different levels to choose from, allowing for customized workouts.
- Durable foam construction with a slip-free surface for safety.
- Versatile can be used for a range of exercises including box jumps, push-ups, dips, and step-ups.
- Suitable for both commercial and individual use.
- Pearl cotton filling helps to absorb impact and protect legs from injury.
- Only available in one size.
- May not be suitable for very advanced athletes.
- May not be as durable as other plyometric boxes made from more heavy-duty materials.
7. POWER GUIDANCE 3 in 1 Wood Plyo Box
- PLYOMETRIC EXERCISES - Plyometric movements are movements in which a muscle is loaded and then contracted quickly, using the strength, elasticity and innervations of the muscles to jump higher, sprint faster, throw farther, or hit harder, using explosive power to ultimately perform better overall. And box jumps are a type of plyometric exercise.
- AVAILABLE IN 3 SIZES - 20 x 24 x 30, 18x20x24, 12x14x16, 3/4 inch thick plyowood. Save space with only one box that you can turn to vary jump height to 3 different heights levels
- EXTREMELY SOLID - Made of construction-grade plywood, comes with internal bracing (on 2 largest sizes) for maximum strength, max load: 350pounds.
- ADVANCED DESIGN - Pre-drilled holes makes it quick to assemble. And the corners are rounded to reduce the risk of injury, poly coated on the outside to protect the exterior.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL - During training, the wooden jump box is your fitness assistant, you can do daily exercise at home; it can be used as your bench, bedside table, it is a beautiful and practical piece of furniture.
The POWER GUIDANCE 3 in 1 Wood & Soft Plyometric Jump Box is a versatile piece of fitness equipment designed for plyometric training, which involves quick, explosive movements that engage the strength, elasticity, and innervation of the muscles. The box comes in three different sizes - 20" x 24" x 30", 18"x20"x24", and 12"x14"x16" - and is made of 3/4 inch thick construction-grade plywood with internal bracing (on the two largest sizes) for maximum strength and durability.
It can hold up to a maximum load of 350 pounds and has pre-drilled holes for quick assembly. The corners are rounded to reduce the risk of injury, and the exterior is coated with poly to protect the wood. The box can be used for various plyometric exercises such as box jumps, as well as other strength training exercises, and can also serve as a practical piece of furniture when not in use. The POWER GUIDANCE brand aims to help people create their own private mobile gym at home with high-quality, space-efficient, and versatile fitness equipment. This plyometric jump box is suitable for people of all fitness levels, from beginners to high-level athletes, and can help improve strength, speed, endurance, and power.
- Can be used for various plyometric exercises such as box jumps.
- Made of durable construction-grade plywood with internal bracing.
- Comes in three different sizes for adjustable jump height.
- Rounded corners and poly coating for safety and protection.
- Can be used as a practical piece of furniture when not in use.
- Assembly is required.
- Not suitable for use on carpet or uneven surfaces.
- May be too large for some home gym spaces.
8. VEVOR 3 in 1 Wood Plyo Box
- 【3 IN 1 PLYO BOX】- Each plyo box allows for 3 different heights. Height: 20, 24, 30. Our plyometric jump box is made of construction-grade 3/4 plywood. CNC machined for a perfect fit every time. Capacity up to 200 kg/440 lbs.
- 【PUZZLE BOX DESIGN】- Puzzle box design with unique interlocking joints and reinforced internal structure greatly increases the strength of box jump platforms and reduces the number of screws needed to assemble.
- 【SANDED HANDLES & EDGES】- Two sanded down handles help you to move the wood plyometric box and swift the height with ease. The edges are sanded down to prevent scrapes on missed jumps.
- 【EASY TO ASSEMBLE】- The predrilled holes and interlocking joints make this plyo box easy to assemble and very strong. 10-15 minute assembly time with a power screwdriver, 25-30 minutes with just a regular screwdriver.
- 【VARIOUS USE】- Perfect for all sorts of plyometric box exercises, whether youre doing box jumps, step-ups, box squats, or negative jumps, itll do the job. For home and commercial use. A great way to increase your heart rate, boost metabolism, and burn fat.
The VEVOR 3-in-1 Wood Plyo Box is a versatile and durable piece of equipment designed for jump training and conditioning. It features three different heights (20", 24", 30") to accommodate a variety of exercises, including box jumps, step-ups, box squats, and negative jumps. Made of construction-grade 3/4" plywood and with a maximum capacity of 200 kg/440 lbs, this plyometric jump box is built to withstand the rigors of intense workouts.
One of the standout features of this plyo box is its puzzle box design with unique interlocking joints and reinforced internal structure, which greatly increases its strength and reduces the number of screws needed for assembly. The predrilled holes and interlocking joints make it easy to assemble, with an estimated time of 10-15 minutes using a power screwdriver or 25-30 minutes using a regular screwdriver.
In addition, the VEVOR 3-in-1 Wood Plyo Box is designed with user safety in mind. The edges are sanded down to prevent scrapes on missed jumps, while the two sanded-down handles allow for easy movement and height adjustments. The box is suitable for both home and commercial use, making it a great way to increase your heart rate, boost metabolism, and burn fat. As a leading brand in equipment and tools, VEVOR is dedicated to providing tough and reliable products at affordable prices, with its products sold in over 200 countries worldwide.
- Versatile with three different heights for a variety of exercises.
- Durable construction with a maximum capacity of 200 kg/440 lbs.
- Puzzle box design with interlocking joints for increased strength and reduced screws.
- Easy to assemble with predrilled holes and interlocking joints.
- Suitable for both home and commercial use.
- Assembly time may be longer with a regular screwdriver.
- Some users may find the puzzle box design difficult to assemble.
- Not suitable for users with limited mobility or dexterity, as it requires bending and twisting to adjust the height.
9. Synergee 3 in 1 Wood Plyo Box
- ★ INCREASE LEG POWER ★ – Our Plyo Box is the ultimate tool for building explosive leg power for lifting, running, combat, and gymnastic sports! Plyometric training forces muscles to exert maximum force in short intervals of time which results in a faster and stronger YOU. This Plyo Box was built with the intention of making you a more powerful athlete!
- ★ MULIFACETED & VERSATILE ★ – Our Synergee Wood Plyo Box is impressively versatile. One box provides three different heights to work with, allowing you to switch up your exercises and introduce new challenges to your workouts with a simple FLIP! Plus, get a full body workout with Decline Push-ups, Split Squats, Around the Box Planks, and so much more.
- ★ STURDY & STRONG ★ – Our Non-Slip Box is made from ¾ inch-thick plywood, coated with PVC non-slip material and a hexagonal design that diverts sweat and water away from the landing surface. We created this awesome box with your safety in mind and used the latest technology to create a piece of gear that can withstand 450 lbs and all the sweat (or tears) you throw at it.
- ★ WHAT’S IN THE PACKAGE ★ – This box’s dimensions are 16” x 14” x 12”. Inner supports are NOT included (because they are not required for a box of this size). Also includes screws and pre-drilled holes for assembly. Assembly is required.
- ★ NO SWEAT GUARANTEE ★ – Leave the sweating and swearing for your training! Buying from Synergee means quick, hassle-free, and caring customer service! Plus, we offer a better-than-money-back guarantee: if there is an issue with your product for any reason, we will send you a new one quickly and absolutely FREE! 100% Customer Satisfaction is our Number 1 Goal!
The Synergee 3-in-1 Plyometric Box is a piece of exercise equipment designed for plyometric training, which involves quick, powerful movements that help improve athletic performance. The box is made of ¾-inch-thick plywood coated with a non-slip PVC material and has a hexagonal design to divert sweat and water away from the landing surface. It comes in three different heights that can be easily changed by flipping the box and can hold up to 450 lbs.
The box is intended to improve leg power, explosive power, and overall athletic performance, and can be used for a variety of exercises such as box jumps, push-ups, split squats, and more. It is easy to assemble and comes with predrilled holes and screws. The manufacturer, Synergee, offers quick and caring customer service and a better-than-money-back guarantee.
- Improves leg and explosive power for various athletic activities.
- Versatile with three different height options.
- Non-slip PVC coating and hexagonal design for safety.
- Can hold up to 450 lbs.
- Easy to assemble with predrilled holes and screws.
- Assembly is required.
- Inner supports are not included.
- Only available in one size (16” x 14” x 12”).
How To Choose The Best plyometric metric Jump Boxes for Every Budget | Unrivaled Guide 2022
A plyometric metric box looks like an ordinary box or platform, but not all are created equal. To get a good quality box that meets your training requirements, pay attention to the following features
Generally, you can choose from wood, metal, or Styrofoam box and platform cores. Wood tends to be cheaper, but it wobbles and can be a pain if you don't nail it to the landing. Metal is very strong but can hurt you if you jump badly. Soft foam cores are easy to handle when hooking and slashing, but they lack stability.
If you are just starting out, a softbox may be best for practicing to avoid injury, and advanced players who can land well every time will benefit from the stability of a hardwood or metal box.
Types Of Boxes
There are many different types of boxes, each with its own advantages and disadvantages.
Platforms-There is one type of platform height, which cannot be adjusted. They usually have a four-legged frame and are stable and sturdy. Some platforms can be stacked for additional height, and these are the boxes often found in gyms. They tend to cost more than 3 in 1 boxes due to the need for multiple platforms.
3 in 1 Box - If the box can be rotated and the ends of the box are different sizes, it means that the box can be turned over to get different platform heights. 3in1 boxes apply this principle. This is a cost-saving solution because there is no need to purchase several boxes, and it is also practical for home gyms.
The height of the box you need depends on your experience level as well as your own height. In general, beginners are advised to start with a 16" box. Larger users may want to start with a 20-inch box. As they gradually master lower heights, they can move up to 24-inch and eventually 30-inch boxes.
Non-slip surfaces and textured platform surfaces prevent slipping on the top of the box when it lands. Not only is this safer, but it also gives you more confidence and allows you to give your all on your jumps without fear of injury.
Similarly, non-slip feet are effective on some boxes. Otherwise, when you land, you may push the box forward and lose your balance. This is especially problematic when used on hard floors such as wood flooring.
What Are The Key Points For Choosing The Best Plyometric Box?
Size And Weight
Before choosing the optimal jump training box, the first thing to consider is its size. These boxes usually come in two shapes: cuboid and cube. Cuboid boxes have the same dimensions on all sides, while cuboid boxes vary in height. The weight also varies depending on the shape of the box. It is necessary to make sure that the box is light enough to be easily carried.
The construction material of the plyometric box also needs to be considered. In general, three main materials are used in the design of plyometric boxes: steel, wood, and Styrofoam. Steel is used for the frames of stacking boxes because of its durability and wear resistance.
Wooden plyometric metric boxes are made primarily of wood planks such as plywood, fiberboard, and even solid wood. They are lightweight and ideal for beginners. When using foam plyometric boxes, one should ensure that only high-density foam is used. This is because HD foam easily withstands initial collapse.
Any type of box you plan to purchase for jump training should have portability features. For example, one product allows you to see two opposing sides with holes in them. With these holes, the box can be carried from place to place. Also, if the box is light, it does not require much physical effort to move it.
Before choosing a plyometric box, you need to make sure that the jumping surface on which you will land is non-slip or made of thin material. If the plyometric box has a non-slip surface, you will be able to control your movement and maintain your balance immediately after jumping. In addition, it will prevent you from slipping off the surface and injuring yourself.
Finally, choosing the best and most appropriate plyometric metric box depends on your goals. For example, if you want to train a variety of muscles to improve agility and tone, a 3-in-1 plyometric box would be the best choice. Similarly, for CrossFit training and heavier exercises, a high-density foam plyometric box (plyometric Box) is the best choice.
What Features Should I Look For In A Plyometric Box?
- The legs of a stackable plyometric box should have non-slip grips that will keep the box stable while jumping on it.
- Wooden hollow plyometric metric boxes should have a central frame to increase the stability of the product structure.
- It is also necessary to ensure that the plyometric metric box has a proper joint structure. For example, reinforcement of the inner box improves durability, and puzzle joints at the edges allow for a strong structural design.
Best Plyometric Jump Boxes for Every Budget | Infographics
Best Plyometric Jump Boxes for Every Budget | Video Explanation
What kind of exercise can I do at the plyometric box?
There are many! Here are some typical plyometric box exercises
Step-Ups: Step-up and step-down routines are great for the core, thighs, glutes, and hips.
Push-ups: This box provides an incline to regular push-ups. Perform only if you can easily do regular push-ups. Box push-ups are great for the biceps, triceps, shoulders, and back.
Box jumps are An explosive exercise that improves strength and endurance.
Burpee Box Jumps: A combination of the burpee and box jump exercises, ideal for strengthening the core and working the leg and arm muscles.
What are the benefits of plyometric metric exercises?
plyometric metric exercises are effective for improving reactivity and explosiveness due to their fast and explosive movements. They help improve sprint speed, vertical jump, and agility. Athletes from around the world, including soccer, basketball, baseball, and rugby players, have benefited from plyometric metric exercises.
How often should I use the plyometric metric box?
Ideally, these high-intensity, low-volume plyometric metric exercises should be performed no more than three days per week at 48-hour intervals. This allows you to incorporate plyometric boxes for one to three days in your training program.
Can I make my own plyometric box?
Yes, you can; DIY plyometric boxes are easy to make, but you need to make sure you have the correct dimensions for your size. Commercially available plyometric boxes are usually trapezoidal in shape to prevent shin damage. If you are making a rectangular box, you will need to file the edges so that they are smooth. There is always a danger of shin hitting the edges, so be careful when training on the edges.
How much does a plyometric box weigh?
plyometric boxes are made of two different materials: Styrofoam and wood.
The Styrofoam boxes are lighter. Rogue Fitness foam plyometric boxes weigh from 7 to 27 pounds and come in a variety of heights: 6", 12", 20", and 24". Titan Fitness offers foam plyometric boxes weighing approximately 16 to 17 pounds.
Wooden plyometric boxes are heavier than their foam counterparts. Titan's wooden plyometric boxes range in weight from 15 pounds (16 inches tall) to 58 pounds (30 inches tall); Rogue's wooden plyometric boxes are in the same weight range.
Are Plyo Boxes Worth It?
Plyo boxes can be worth it for people who want to improve their explosive power, speed, and agility. Plyometric exercises, which involve jumping and other explosive movements, are designed to develop these attributes and can be performed using a plyo box.
Plyo boxes come in different sizes, so they can be used by people of different fitness levels and abilities. They are also relatively affordable and can be used for a variety of exercises, including step-ups, box jumps, and lunges.
However, like any exercise equipment, plyo boxes have their limitations and may not be suitable for everyone. People with joint issues or injuries may find plyometric exercises too intense or uncomfortable. Additionally, improper use of plyo boxes can result in injury, so it's important to use proper form and start with a lower height before increasing the intensity.
Ultimately, whether or not plyo boxes are worth it depends on your fitness goals and needs. If you want to improve your explosive power and are comfortable with plyometric exercises, a plyo box can be a valuable tool.
How Much Does It Cost To Build A Plyo Box?
The cost of building a plyo box can vary depending on the materials and tools you use, as well as your location and the availability of materials. However, a basic plyo box can typically be built for around $20 to $50.
Here's a breakdown of the estimated costs for building a plyo box:
- Plywood: You'll need one or two sheets of 3/4-inch plywood, which typically costs around $25 to $35 per sheet depending on the quality.
- Screws: You'll need around 20 to 30 screws to secure the box, which can cost around $5 to $10 depending on the size and quantity.
- Tools: You'll need a circular saw or jigsaw to cut the plywood, as well as a drill and screwdriver to assemble the box. If you don't already own these tools, you may need to purchase or rent them, which can add to the cost.
- Optional: If you want to add a non-slip surface to the top of the box, you can purchase adhesive grip tape for around $10 to $20.
Overall, the total cost of building a plyo box can range from around $20 to $50 or more depending on your materials and tools. However, keep in mind that purchasing a pre-made plyo box may be more convenient and cost-effective if you don't have the necessary tools or skills to build one yourself.
Is Box Jumps Good Plyometrics?
Box jumps are considered one of the best plyometric exercises for improving explosive power, speed, and lower body strength. They require you to jump onto a box from a standing position, engaging your leg muscles and core to generate power and momentum. Box jumps can also improve your balance, coordination, and reaction time, making them a valuable addition to any fitness routine.
However, it's important to use proper form when performing box jumps to avoid injury. Always warm up properly before attempting box jumps, and start with a lower box height before progressing to a higher height. Additionally, if you have joint issues or injuries, you should consult with a doctor or physical therapist before attempting box jumps or any other plyometric exercise.
What Plyo Box Size Should I Get?
The plyo box size you should get depends on your fitness level, goals, and abilities. Plyo boxes come in different sizes, ranging from around 12 inches to over 30 inches in height. Here are some general guidelines for choosing the right plyo box size:
- If you're new to plyometric exercises or have limited jumping ability, start with a lower box height (around 12 to 16 inches) and gradually increase the height as you progress.
- If you're an experienced athlete or want to challenge yourself, you can choose a higher box height (around 24 to 30 inches) or even stack multiple boxes together.
- It's also important to consider your height and leg length when choosing a plyo box size. Ideally, when you stand in front of the box, your feet should be shoulder-width apart and your knees should be bent at a 90-degree angle when you jump onto the box.
Ultimately, the plyo box size you choose should be challenging but manageable for your current fitness level and abilities.
Should You Do Plyo Every Day?
While plyometric exercises can be a valuable addition to your fitness routine, it's generally not recommended to do plyo every day. Plyometric exercises are high-intensity and can put a lot of stress on your joints and muscles, so it's important to allow time for rest and recovery.
Aim to incorporate plyometric exercises into your routine 1-3 times per week, with at least one day of rest in between plyometric workouts. This will give your body time to recover and adapt to the stress of the exercises, helping to prevent injury and improve performance over time. Additionally, be sure to warm up properly before attempting plyometric exercises, and use proper form to minimize the risk of injury.
Can You Do Plyo Every Day?
It is generally not recommended to do plyometric exercises every day. Plyometric exercises are high-intensity and involve explosive movements that put a lot of stress on your joints and muscles. Doing plyo exercises every day without adequate rest and recovery time can increase the risk of injury and lead to overtraining.
Instead, it's best to incorporate plyometric exercises into your workout routine 1-3 times per week, with at least one day of rest in between plyometric workouts. This will allow your muscles and joints to recover and adapt to the stress of the exercises, which can help prevent injury and improve your performance over time.
If you want to work out every day, you can consider incorporating other types of exercises into your routine on the days when you're not doing plyometrics. For example, you could do strength training, cardio, or mobility exercises to improve your overall fitness and avoid overloading your muscles and joints with too much high-intensity activity.
What Can I Use Instead Of A Plyo Box?
If you don't have access to a plyo box, there are several items you can use instead to perform box jumps and other plyometric exercises. Some common alternatives to a plyo box include:
- Sturdy bench or step: You can use a sturdy bench or step that is at a comfortable height for you to jump onto. Make sure the bench or step is stable and secure before attempting to jump onto it.
- Stack of books: You can stack a pile of sturdy books or magazines to create a makeshift box. However, make sure the stack is stable and won't slide or tip over when you jump onto it.
- Aerobic step platform: You can use an aerobic step platform, which is designed for step aerobics, as a substitute for a plyo box. Make sure the platform is sturdy and at a comfortable height for your jumping ability.
Regardless of what item you choose to use instead of a plyo box, always make sure it's sturdy, stable, and safe for jumping.
How Much Is A Good Box Jump?
A good box jump can vary in price depending on the quality, size, and material of the plyo box. A basic plyo box can cost anywhere from around $20 to $100, while more advanced or professional-grade boxes can cost upwards of $200 or more.
When choosing a plyo box, it's important to consider your fitness level, goals, and abilities. If you're new to plyometric exercises or have limited jumping ability, you may want to start with a lower box height and a more affordable option. However, if you're an experienced athlete or want to challenge yourself, you may want to invest in a higher-quality or more durable plyo box.
How Heavy Is A Plyo Box?
The weight of a plyo box can vary depending on the size, material, and construction of the box. However, a basic plyo box made from 3/4-inch plywood typically weighs around 20-30 pounds. Plyo boxes made from heavier materials like steel or composite materials may weigh more.
When choosing a plyo box, it's important to consider the weight of the box as well as the size and height. A heavier box may be more stable and durable, but it can also be more difficult to move or store. A lighter box may be more portable and easier to maneuver, but it may be less stable or durable over time. Consider your fitness goals, abilities, and space limitations when choosing the right plyo box for you.
Is A 50-Inch Box Jump Well?
A 50-inch box jump is an impressive feat of athleticism and explosiveness. It's not a common or typical height for most people and requires a high level of strength, power, and coordination to achieve. However, whether a 50-inch box jump is "good" or not depends on your personal fitness goals, abilities, and context. For some athletes or fitness enthusiasts, a 50-inch box jump may be a goal or milestone to strive for. For others, a lower box height may be more appropriate or challenging. Ultimately, what matters most is that you're pushing yourself to improve your fitness and achieve your personal goals.
What Happens If I Do Box Jumps Every Day?
Doing box jumps every day can increase the risk of injury and lead to overtraining. Box jumps are high-intensity plyometric exercises that involve explosive movements and put a lot of stress on your joints and muscles. Performing box jumps every day without proper rest and recovery time can increase the risk of muscle strain, joint pain, and other injuries.
Instead of doing box jumps every day, it's best to incorporate them into your workout routine 1-3 times per week, with at least one day of rest in between plyometric workouts. This will allow your muscles and joints to recover and adapt to the stress of the exercises, which can help prevent injury and improve your performance over time.
Is A 24-Inch Box Jump Well?
A 24-inch box jump is a good height for many people, especially those who are new to plyometric exercises or have limited jumping ability. It requires a moderate level of strength, power, and coordination, and can provide a challenging workout for many athletes and fitness enthusiasts. However, whether a 24-inch box jump is "good" or not depends on your personal fitness goals, abilities, and context. For some athletes or fitness enthusiasts, a 24-inch box jump may be too easy or not challenging enough. For others, a lower box height may be more appropriate or challenging. Ultimately, what matters most is that you're pushing yourself to improve your fitness and achieve your personal goals.
How Much Plyometrics Is Enough?
The amount of plyometrics you need depends on your fitness goals, current fitness level, and overall training program. Generally, it's recommended to incorporate plyometric exercises 1-3 times per week, with at least one day of rest in between plyometric workouts. The duration and intensity of your plyometric workout should also depend on your fitness level and goals. Beginners may start with a shorter and less intense plyometric workout, while more advanced athletes may need longer and more challenging plyometric exercises.
How High Should The Box Jump Be For Beginners?
The box jump height for beginners should depend on their fitness level and jumping ability. Generally, beginners should start with a lower box height to focus on proper technique and form before progressing to higher box jumps. A 12-18 inch box jump is a good starting height for beginners, as it provides a challenging workout without being too difficult or risky.
What Is The Average Male Box Jump?
There is no average male box jump height, as it depends on various factors such as age, fitness level, and sport-specific requirements. However, a good benchmark for male athletes is to aim for a box jump height that's at least equal to their standing vertical jump height. For most male athletes, a box jump height of 24-36 inches is a good target to strive for. However, athletes in certain sports such as basketball or volleyball may need to aim for higher box jumps to meet the demands of their sport.
After reviewing these plyometric metric boxes, we have come to the conclusion that the Best Plyometric Jump Boxes for Every Budget for you depend on what you are looking for.
Take a look at the pros and cons of each product and decide for yourself. Choose the best plyometric metric box from the list above and you'll be on to a winner.
Hi, I am Matt Storace and I am a former personal trainer and founder of Beast Biceps. We had to find ways to train at home. When I started looking for the equipment I needed, I quickly realized that there were no good resources online. So I created Beast Biceps. It is a treasure trove of information developed from my experience and research. Read More Here
Leave a Reply