Best Parallettes For Your Home Gym
Let me tell you something so you don’t misunderstand. If you think that only professional gymnasts can benefit from parallettes, you are mistaken. A high-quality parallettes bar can add spice to your workout routine and give you the flexibility to train anywhere.
Here is a detailed review of the top 9 Best Parallettes For Your Home Gym that can help you improve your form and body composition in your home gym, such as CrossFit or Calisthenics. We can’t review the best parallettes without introducing you to this excellent all-rounder that is perfect for building core strength, toning muscles, and burning fat.
It may be best suited for beginner to intermediate gym and flexibility exercisers. Its sturdy construction supporting over 400 pounds of weight provides safety during advanced exercises and body weight exercises. In addition, the rubber foot edge provides excellent stability.
In addition, the sturdy and durable foam handles provide a firm grip with increased friction, minimizing hand and arm fatigue. It is also easy to assemble without the use of tools, making it convenient to carry around. No more excuses not to work out!
Best Parallettes For Your Home Gym| Comparison Table 2022
|Lebert Fitness Dip Bar Stand - Original Equalizer Total Body Strengthener Pull Up Bar Home Gym Exercise Equipment Dipping Station - Hip Resistance Band, Workout Guide and Online Group - Yellow||Lebert Fitness||Check Price|
|Juperbsky Push Up Stands Bars Parallettes Set for Workout Exercise, 12" x 7"x 5.5" Black||Juperbsky||Check Price|
|JFIT Tall Pro Push Up Bar Stand, 9-Inch||JFIT||Check Price|
|Tumbl Trak Portable Parallette Bars, Blue||Tumbl Trak||Check Price|
|Body Power Push up Stand Parallel Bars Parallettes 12x24 inch Non-Slip with Integrated Knurling Grip - Supports Strength HIIT Yoga ROM Gymnastics Body Conditioning Exercise Workouts||body power||Check Price|
|Vita Vibe - Ultra Portable Mini Wood Parallettes Set - 9 inch - 12 inch - USA Made (12 Inch)||Vita Vibe||Check Price|
|The Beam Store 24" Parallettes||The Beam Store||Check Price|
|Vita Vibe Wood Parallettes Set 18" - 24" Long (24" Long)||Vita Vibe||Check Price|
|PULLUP & DIP Fitness Parallettes, Medium Parallette Bars for Calisthenics, Crossfit & Gymnastics, Handstand Bars with Extra Wide Handle & No Wobbling||PULLUP & DIP||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Best Parallettes For Your Home Gym | Product Overview 2022
1. Lebert Fitness
- ORIGINAL EQUALIZER BODY PRESS STATION: With over 100 workouts available for beginners to advanced athletes, this sturdy and stable dip stand works great as a pullup bar, dipping station, push up bar for arm exercises, L-sits, knee & leg raises, and more
- DESIGNED FOR THE PERFECT FIT: Lebert EQualizer Bars are available in two sizes and tested rigorously to ensure the right fit for you and your safety - Regular (28 high) fits users up to 5 10 while the taller XL (31 high) is best for users over 5 10
- FREE-STANDING BARS: Separate, unconnected bars offer superior stability and versatility, and are critical to any dip stand exercise as it creates the instability needed for an effective parallette bar style routine with proper form and tower alignment
- ACCESS TO ONLINE FITNESS GROUP: As a welcome to the Lebert Fitness family, you will be invited to join our private online fitness group featuring free workout programs, extensive support and coaching tools designed to get you started and stay motivated
- Dip Bar Stand - Original Equalizer Total Body Strengthener Pull Up Bar Home Gym Exercise Equipment Dipping Station - Hip Resistance Band, Workout Guide and Online Group - Yellow
The Lebert Fitness Dip Bar Stand is a versatile piece of home gym exercise equipment designed to strengthen and tone the entire body. It can be used as a dip station, pull-up bar, push-up bar, and more, with over 100 workouts available for people of all fitness levels. The dip bar stand is available in two sizes: regular (28″ high) for users up to 5’10” and XL (31″ high) for users over 5’10”.
It is made from sturdy and stable materials, capable of supporting up to 400 pounds, and is free-standing with separate, unconnected bars that offer superior stability and versatility. The dip bar stand is portable and easy to stack and store, weighing only 8 pounds and measuring 28 1/2″ x 25″. It comes with an instructional DVD and exercise poster to help users get started and stay motivated and includes access to a private online fitness group with free workout programs and extensive support and coaching tools.
- A versatile piece of exercise equipment that can be used for a variety of workouts.
- Available in two sizes to fit different user heights.
- Sturdy and stable, capable of supporting up to 400 pounds.
- Free-standing with separate, unconnected bars for stability and versatility.
- Portable and easy to stack and store.
- May not be suitable for users who are very tall or very short.
- Some users may find the unconnected bars difficult to balance on.
- May not be as stable as a wall-mounted dip bar or power tower.
2. Juperbsky Push Up
- Ideal for enhancing overall development of the upper body, especially for your chest, shoulder, and back muscles
- Can be used as Parallettes for gymnastic training, like pushups, dips, v-sits and handstand pushups
- Durable steel construction can load high than 2200 lbs; Wide enough bases with non-slip cap in the each end for stability
- Perfect angle of handle can maximum prevent wrist fatigue for better motion performance
- Abrasion resistant TPR handle covers provide a steady, soft and comfortable grip, and widening of the handle better match your hands curves; Product dimensions: 12(L) x 7(W) x 5.5(H)
- Stands Bars Parallettes Set for Workout Exercise, 12 x 7x 5.5 Black
The JuperbSky Push Up Stands are a set of bars designed to help enhance the overall development of the upper body, particularly the chest, shoulder, and back muscles. These stands can be used for various exercises, such as push-ups, dips, v-sits, and handstand push-ups, and are suitable for both weight training and gymnastic training.
The stands are made of durable steel and can support a load of more than 2200 lbs. They have wide bases with non-slip caps on each end for stability, and the handles are covered with abrasion-resistant TPR for a steady and comfortable grip. The angle of the handles is designed to prevent wrist fatigue and improve motion performance.
In addition, the handles are widened to better fit the curves of the hands, and the product dimensions are 12" (L) x 7" (W) x 5.5" (H). No assembly is required for easy use, and the stands are compact and easy to store when not in use. Overall, these push-up stands are an effective tool for building and toning the pectoral and triceps muscles, as well as improving upper body strength and endurance.
- Can be used for various exercises to enhance upper body development.
- Made of durable steel with a high weight capacity.
- Wide, non-slip bases for stability.
- Abrasion-resistant TPR handle covers for comfortable grip.
- Compact in size and easy to store.
- May not be suitable for individuals with severe wrist issues or injuries.
- May not be suitable for individuals who are significantly overweight.
- May not be suitable for individuals with certain hand or grip issues.
3. JFIT Tall Pro Push Up
- ENHANCE YOUR PUSH-UPS: Our improved push-up bars are the ultimate fitness tool to enhance your push-ups and whole body posture, with thicker padded handles and rubberized feet for a safe and effective workout for both men and women
- ELEVATED PUSH-UP BAR: Made in Taiwan, these 9″ high premium push up bars are made from durable chrome-plated metal, making them able to withstand all of your heavy-duty training routines and push-up challenges for years to come
- VERSATILE WORKOUT EQUIPMENT: Targeting your chest, shoulder, and back muscles, these push-up bars are designed to assist you in maximizing your workouts, making them great for rehabilitation, gymnastics, yoga, and HIIT plyometric circuits
- DURABLE COMFORT AND SAFETY: New, thicker slip-resistant foam-covered handles offer a great range of motion without straining your wrists while the non-skid, rubberized feet allow the bars to stay in place giving you perfect form to skyrocket your workout
- SUPERIOR PUSH-UP BARS: Measuring at 16x10”x9 with 1.75 grip, these lightweight and portable push-up bars are easy to assemble with updated hardware and screwdriver included, pushing you through your next rep
- Bar Stand, 9-Inch
The JFIT Pro Push-Up Bar Stand is a set of 2 chrome-plated metal bars that are designed to enhance your push-ups and improve your whole body posture. These push-up bars are 9 or 11 inches high, providing a deeper range of motion while performing exercises. They are made in Taiwan and are built to withstand heavy-duty training routines. The push-up bars are also versatile and can be used for a variety of workouts, including rehabilitation, gymnastics, yoga, and HIIT plyometric circuits. They target the chest, shoulder, and back muscles, helping you to maximize your workouts.
The push-up bars have new, thicker slip-resistant foam-covered handles that offer a wide range of motion without straining your wrists. The non-skid, rubberized feet keep the bars in place, allowing you to maintain perfect form during your workouts. The push-up bars are lightweight and portable, measuring 16" x 10" x 9" with a 1.75" grip diameter. They are easy to assemble and come with updated hardware and a screwdriver.
The JFIT Pro Push-Up Bar Stand is a great tool for anyone looking to improve their push-up technique and get a full-body workout. It is suitable for both men and women and can be used on all types of floors thanks to the non-slip feet. If you are looking to elevate your push-up game, the JFIT Pro Push-Up Bar Stand is an excellent choice.
- Provides 9 or 11 inches of clearance for a deeper range of motion.
- Has updated non-slip neoprene grips for a safer and more comfortable workout.
- Easy to assemble.
- Made of sturdy metal.
- Non-slip feet for added stability on all types of floors.
- May not be suitable for individuals with very large hands as the grip diameter is only 1.5 inches.
- Only comes in one color (chrome-plated).
- May not be suitable for those with very limited space as the dimensions of the product are 16″ x 10″ x 9″.
4. Tumbl Trak Portable
- IMPECCABLE CRAFTSMANSHIP - A 1-½ IN diameter rail which is 12 IN long and constructed of a sturdy aluminum core with a long lasting polymer covering.
- PERFECT FOR TRAVELERS - Tumble Trak Portable Parallettes are light and compact enough to pack in any bag so you can keep training even when you are away from the gym!
- NON-SLIP GRIP - The bases of the Portable Parallettes have an impressive non-slip grip material that will keep the parallettes in place on carpet, wood, or vinyl.
- 30+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE - Coaches nationwide TRUST Tumble Trak quality and innovation. Parents appreciate our commitment to customer service. Contact our knowledgeable sales staff who can help you make the best, and safest choice for your athlete!
- PATENT PENDING
- The Portable Parallette Bars are the perfect tool for keeping up with training, even on-the-go! They are light enough to pack in your gym bag and they assemble
- Parallette Bars, Blue
The Tumble Trak Portable Parallette Bars are a high-quality exercise tool that is perfect for athletes, therapists, and fitness enthusiasts who are always on the go. The bars are made with impeccable craftsmanship, featuring a 1.5-inch diameter rail that is 12 inches long and constructed with a sturdy aluminum core and a long-lasting polymer covering. These portable parallettes are lightweight and compact, making them easy to pack in any bag and take with you wherever you go. They are great for maintaining your handstand, press handstand, and general strength training while traveling.
The Portable Parallette Bars also feature a non-slip grip material on the bases, which keeps them in place on carpet, wood, or vinyl. This ensures that you can use the bars safely and with confidence, even if you are working out in an unfamiliar environment. With over 30 years of experience, Tumble Trak is a trusted brand among coaches and parents nationwide, and their commitment to customer service is highly appreciated. The Portable Parallette Bars are patent pending and are an essential training tool for athletes who want to stay in top form, even when they are away from the gym.
- Made with impeccable craftsmanship, featuring a sturdy aluminum core and a long-lasting polymer covering.
- Lightweight and compact, making them easy to pack and take with you wherever you go.
- Non-slip grip material on the bases keeps them in place on various surfaces.
- Trusted brand with over 30 years of experience and commitment to customer service.
- Patent pending, indicating innovative design.
- Only suitable for handstand, press handstand, and general strength training exercises.
- May not be suitable for athletes looking for a more heavy-duty or specialized training tool.
- Only available in one size and design.
5. Body Power Push up
- ALL LEVELS, ALL FITNESS: From rehabilitation exercises to HIIT plyo circuits to yoga handstands, enhance your at-home exercise with simple and effective equipment. Complements any existing home gym equipment and also versatile accessories on its own
- SMART AND INTUITIVE DESIGN: Integrated Knurling Grip Options (similar to barbells and free weights) for confident and feel-good hand grips on comfort-rounded 1.5” diameter U-shaped handles for Dip, Arm Balance, Body Weight Workout, Stretch, V-Sit, Tuck, Planche Progression, and Handstand Push ups
- STURDY, SLEEK, AND STABLE: Proudly engineered in the West Coast, U.S.A. Includes 4 Non-skid Rubber Feet for maximum stability, and sleek matte powder-coat finish for sweat resistant anti-slip hygiene.
- PRECISION-BUILT TO LAST: Robot-welded heavy gauge and heavy-duty carbon steel base to support body weight up to 380 lbs. Consistent welds ensure safe and even stress point distribution.
- LEVERAGE YOUR TIME, EFFORT, AND SPACE: Enhanced support for all levels of conditioning fitness allows you to make the most out of where you are, with you you’ve got, as you are. Small compact footprint.
- Stand Parallel Bars Parallettes 12x24 inch Non-Slip with Integrated Knurling Grip - Supports Strength HIIT Yoga ROM Gymnastics Body Conditioning Exercise Workouts
The Body Power Push-up Stand Parallel Bars are a versatile piece of home exercise equipment that can be used for a variety of workouts, including rehabilitation exercises, HIIT circuits, yoga handstands, and more. These parallettes feature a smart and intuitive design, with integrated knurling grip options that are similar to those found on barbells and free weights, providing confident and comfortable handgrips.
The handles are made of comfort-rounded 1.5” diameter U-shaped bars, making them suitable for dips, arm balances, bodyweight workouts, stretches, V-sits, tucks, Planche progressions, and handstand push-ups.
The push-up stand is made with a sturdy, sleek, and stable design. It is proudly engineered on the West Coast, U.S.A., and includes 4 non-skid rubber feet for maximum stability. The stand also has a sleek matte powder-coat finish that is sweat resistant and provides anti-slip hygiene. The base is made of robot-welded heavy gauge and heavy-duty carbon steel, which can support body weight up to 380 lbs. The consistent welds ensure safe and even stress point distribution.
One of the benefits of the Body Power Push-up Stand is its small, compact footprint, which allows for easy storage and makes it suitable for use in small spaces. The stand is also suitable for all levels of fitness and can help you make the most out of your workout, even if you have limited time and space. If you're looking for a simple and effective way to enhance your at-home exercise routine, the Body Power Push-up Stand is worth considering.
- Can be used for a variety of exercises and fitness levels.
- Features integrated knurling grip options for comfortable handgrips.
- Non-skid rubber feet for stability.
- Sleek matte powder-coat finish for sweat resistance and hygiene.
- A heavy-duty carbon steel base can support up to 380 lbs.
- May be too small for some users.
- May not be suitable for all exercise routines.
- Could be too expensive for some budgets.
6. Vita Vibe
- Strong yet light weight, supports up to 250 lbs
- 1.5 Diameter Natural Ash Wood Construction
- Wont twist in the rubber feet thanks to a glued in design
- Made in USA - 10 Year Warranty
- Non slip, non marring rubber feet
- Highest quality Parallettes made in the USA. Min parallettes 9 & 12 available in wood or aluminum. Fitness Equipment for use in home or commercial
- water and debris, All shoes are radius ground and edge trimmed, EBC brake shoes are made using either high pressure die cast aluminum platforms or steel
- MP9-W - Ultra Portable Mini Wood Parallettes Set - 9 inch - 12 inch - USA Made (9 Inch)
The Vita Vibe Ultra Portable Mini Wood Parallettes Set is a high-quality, versatile piece of exercise equipment that is perfect for both home and travel use. These mini parallettes are made in the USA from strong, natural ash wood and feature a 1.5-inch diameter construction. They are capable of supporting up to 250 pounds, making them suitable for a wide range of exercises and fitness levels.
The parallettes are 9-12 inches long (depending on the size chosen) and 2-5/8 inches high, making them compact and easy to pack in a carry-on bag for travel. The non-slip, non-marring rubber feet help to keep the parallettes stable and prevent damage to floors. The "glued-in" design ensures that the parallettes won't twist, providing a stable platform for exercises such as pushups, dips, and planks.
These parallettes are backed by a 10-year warranty, so you can trust in their durability and quality. Whether you are at home or on the go, the Vita Vibe Ultra Portable Mini Wood Parallettes Set is an excellent choice for improving your strength and flexibility.
- Made in the USA with high-quality materials.
- Supports up to 250 pounds.
- Compact and easy to pack for travel.
- Non-slip, non-marring rubber feet.
- 10-year warranty.
- May be too small for some users.
- Limited to certain types of exercises.
- May be too lightweight for advanced users.
7. The Beam Store 24" Parallettes
- 24 WIDE ALL STEEL
- 1.2 HARDWOOD BAR
- 9 HIGH
- MADE IN USA
- NO ASSEMBLY REQUIRED
- We sell balance beams, ballet barres, advanced elite high bars, parallettes, air tracks, cheer stands, handstand canes, and various accessories. We have a local
- This device is substantially bigger than standard push ups bar, at 24-inches tall. Some folks find it a little bulky. Knurling the grip does not
- We do have a pull up bar for strength that both my kids use. Three years ago we bought DD an 8 beam from the Beam Store. It has the shortest
The Beam Store's 24" Parallettes are high-quality exercise equipment designed for calisthenics and other similar workouts. They are made in the USA with an all-steel frame and a 1.5" hardwood bar, ensuring durability and stability during use. These parallettes are 9" high and do not require any assembly, making them easy to use right out of the box.
They also come with a lifetime warranty, giving users peace of mind in their investment. The grip on the parallettes has knurling for added grip, although some users may find it insufficient. It is not specified whether the rubber ends on the parallettes can be replaced if lost or damaged. Overall, the Beam Store's 24" Parallettes are a reliable choice for those looking to improve their strength and skills in calisthenics and other bodyweight exercises.
- Made in the USA.
- All-steel frame.
- 1.5″ hardwood bar.
- Lifetime warranty.
- No assembly is required.
- May be considered bulky by some users.
- Knurling on the grip may not be sufficient for some users.
- Not specified whether rubber ends can be replaced if lost or damaged.
8. Vita Vibe Wood
- Strong yet light weight, Supports over 250 lbs
- Natural Hardwood Ash Bar, sanded smooth and ready to use
- Heavy Guage powdercoated steel base.
- Non slip, non marring rubber feet
- Made in USA, 10 Year Warranty
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number. Strong yet light weight, Supports over 250 lbs; Natural Hardwood Ash Bar, sanded smooth and ready to use
- There are Already More than 15,000 Pilates Studios Set Up in 11 Countries. For over 15 years manufacturing quality equipment for your studio. Request a Quote. High Durability
- Parallettes Set 18 - 24 Long (18 Long)
The Vita Vibe Wood Parallettes Set is a high-quality fitness equipment designed for a wide range of exercises and gymnastics training. It is suitable for both home and commercial use. The bars are made of natural ash wood or aluminum, with a diameter of 1-1/2 inches. They are sanded smooth and ready to use, making them comfortable to grip.
The bases are 12 inches wide and made of heavy gauge steel, powder coated in a textured matte black finish. The set screws secure the bars to the bases, ensuring stability during use. The non-slip rubber feet provide a good grip without risking damage to floor surfaces. The parallettes are available in two lengths - 18 inches and 24 inches - and have an overall height of 10-3/4 inches. They can support up to 300 pounds, making them suitable for a variety of users.
The Vita Vibe Wood Parallettes Set is made in the USA and comes with a 10-year warranty. Some of the exercises that can be performed using these parallettes include L-sits, planche leans, tucke planches, and handstand pushups, among others. They are lightweight and easy to transport, making them a convenient choice for home workouts or for use at the gym.
- Suitable for a wide range of exercises and gymnastics training.
- Comfortable to grip, thanks to the smooth natural ash wood or aluminum bars.
- Sturdy and stable, with heavy gauge steel bases and set screws to secure the bars.
- Non-slip rubber feet prevent damage to floor surfaces.
- Made in the USA and comes with a 10-year warranty.
- May be too expensive for some users.
- The 18-inch and 24-inch sizes may not be suitable for all users.
- The natural ash wood or aluminum bars may not be as durable as some other materials.
9. PULLUP & DIP Fitness
- NO WRIST PAIN & PERFECT GRIP: The extra wide 3,8 cm (1.5 in) handle provides an optimal grip and protects your wrists due to the neutral hand position. The special anti-slip rubber covering gives you a perfect grip even with sweat hands.
- NO BLEEDING & WOBBLING: The specially designed coaxial rubber pads on the feet are turnable and adjustable so the parallettes will not wobble! They also offer you a non-slip stand: at home, in the gym and in the outdoor area. Thanks to the special formula they do not bleed!
- DURABLE & EXTREMELY STABLE: The parallel bars are made of high-quality materials and are extremely stable. The massive high load capacity steel tubes ensure extreme stability, longevity and a safe training. Due to the length of 50 cm (19 in), a secure stand is guaranteed!
- VERSATILE EXERCISES & INTENSIVE TRAINING: The parallette bars allow you a versatile workout and are suitable for many exercises such as L-sit, handstand, planche, push-ups and many more exercises. Perfect for Calisthenics and bodyweight training. Thanks to the height of 43 cm (17 in), the parallettes allow deeper movements and provide an additional training effect.
- INCL EXERCISE GUIDE WITH 37 EXERCISES: Incl. Exercise Guide with 37 Parallettes Exercises as an eBook. Product details: Handle diameter: 3.8 cm (with rubber 4.4 cm); Color: Black; Dimensions (L x W x H): 50 cm x 35 cm x 43 cm; Material: steel; Max. user weight: 200 kg; Weight: 5.6 kg; completely demountable
- Parallettes, Medium Parallette Bars for Calisthenics, Crossfit & Gymnastics, Handstand Bars with Extra Wide Handle & No Wobbling
The Pullup & Dip Fitness Parallettes are medium-sized bars designed for calisthenics and gymnastics training. They feature extra wide 3.8 cm (1.5 in) handles with a rubber coating for an optimal grip and wrist protection, as well as turnable and adjustable coaxial rubber pads on the feet to prevent wobbling and provide a non-slip stand on various surfaces.
Made of heavy-duty steel, the parallettes have a maximum load capacity of 200 kg (440 lbs) and a weight of 5.6 kg (12 lbs). They are 50 cm (19 in) long and 43 cm (17 in) tall, allowing for a wide range of exercises such as the L-sit, handstand, planche, and push-ups, and providing an additional training effect through deeper movements. The parallettes also come with an exercise guide eBook featuring 37 parallettes exercises. They are suitable for calisthenics athletes, gymnasts, and anyone looking for a total body workout using bodyweight exercises.
- Extra wide handles provide optimal grip and wrist protection.
- Rubber coating on handles and adjustable, non-slip rubber pads on feet prevent slipping and wobbling.
- Heavy-duty steel construction allows for high load capacity and stability.
- Suitable for a wide range of exercises including L-sit, handstand, planche, and push-ups.
- Comes with an exercise guide eBook featuring 37 parallettes exercises.
- May be too tall for some users.
- Not suitable for use on uneven surfaces.
- May be too heavy to easily transport to different locations.
How To Choose The Best Parallettes For Your Home Gym | Unrivaled Guide 2022
Size And Design
There are two general styles of parallettes. The most standard size of parallette is about 1 foot off the ground and about 2 feet long. The second style of parallette is called a "mini-parallette. As you might imagine, this parallette is a bit smaller than a typical parallette. They rise only a few centimeters off the ground and are only about a foot long.
However, each style of parallette has slightly different dimensions. Details are discussed below.
The height of the parallette is probably the most important factor in deciding which parallette to purchase.
It is common to see parallettes with a height of around 30 cm. The maximum height of a parallette is 1 foot off the ground.
As a general rule, exercises with parallettes are easier to perform the higher they are from the ground. Because parallette exercises require weight control, it is easier to exercise if there is some room between you and the floor.
For example, to transition from an L-shaped seated position to a plank, the legs must be brought toward the chest and slowly pushed backward from the front of the body. To do this, weight control and balance are very important. For this reason, using a roller 30 cm off the ground to perform this type of exercise makes the progression much easier. With a full foot between the body and the floor, there is plenty of room to make the transition without a high degree of weight control.
Shorter parallettes are therefore a more difficult task: when transitioning from L-sit to plank, a parallette within a few inches of the floor leaves much less room for this transition to take place. Therefore, for this transition to be successful, the leg must be able to bend to the extreme while continuing to progress.
This is not necessarily a bad thing. If you are well conditioned with flexibility exercises, you may prefer shorter parallettes and can try a variety of progressions. However, if you are just starting out, a tall parallette is preferable as it allows you to easily perform all progressions.
The length of the parallelette is also important. Shorter rollers are generally stronger, but many users find it more comfortable to use slightly longer rollers.
Whether to make the pallet longer or shorter is a matter of personal preference. In fact, there is no exercise that can be done with long rollers and cannot be done with short rollers. However, for some people, long pallets may be a little sturdier.
The Right Material For You: Wood vs. PVC vs. Metal
PVC, wood, metal, or a mixture of the two are all excellent, but what works best depends on personal preference, availability of rollers (make or buy), and budget.
strongest, but metal parallettes tend to be heavier and are not as portable.
comfortable and grippy when sweating, but they are porous and need to be cleaned frequently.
Ideal for DIY, inexpensive, long-lasting, and durable, but requires some thought for grip as it tends to slip when palms are sweaty.
Wood And Steel Combination:
best performance, combining the grip of wood with the structural strength of steel.
PVC is by far the easiest material to use, is very reliable as a reliable DIY pallet, and can be made in less than 30 minutes for under $25. Wooden hobby rollers are also possible, but are a bit more expensive and require time and patience to make strong.
Wooden parallettes have a very good grip, even when sweating, because they have a slight "play" to them that metal or PVC parallettes do not have. Also, falling on a wooden parallette is not as painful as hitting your elbow on metal. You will probably see wooden parallettes in many gyms. However, their sweat builds up and the porous nature of wood can make the casters unhealthy if they are not cleaned.
Metal rollers are the most durable and sturdy, and therefore more reliable and comfortable when traveling back. Knurled handles also make them easier to grip, even when sweating. However, whether DIY or custom-made, metal parallets are the most expensive and their weight makes them unsuitable for mobile training, but they will last a lifetime.
During intense parallette training, palms become sweaty and grip becomes compromised, making backward movement very dangerous. Having a bar that naturally retains moisture and allows you to maintain your grip is much more comfortable.
Wooden parallettes naturally provide the best grip because they are porous.
Metal rollers can be slippery when wet, but knurled handles (like Olympic weightlifting bars or dumbbell groups) are fine and easy to clean.
PVC parallettes naturally have a poor grip, but this can be improved by sanding and knurling the handles, adding tape, or using PVC glue beads on the handles to add texture to the grip. My current parallette is a PVC parallette, and although it has the inconvenience of a slippery grip, PVC parallettes are very functional and I like using them.
Keep in mind that, in general, the width and texture of the grips will greatly affect the operation of whatever material you use. I find 2″ wide grips to be the best and much better than 1.5″ wide grips.
Metal parallettes are great for home gyms because they have the longest life span and can handle heavier loads. However, if you are not going to be moving your parallette everywhere, it is wise to choose a material that will last a lifetime, even at the expense of portability.
Wooden parallets are easy to move because they are comfortable in the hand and lightweight, but parallets will gradually wear out after years of use. They will need to be repaired or replaced. The feel and performance of wooden casters is offset by the fact that wood is the least durable material compared to metal and PVC.
PVC lath is so durable that it needs to be re-glued at most once every 10 years or more. The 2" Schedule 80 PVC lath has been tested with loads in excess of 1000lbs, making it the perfect material for both durability and portability.
P-BARS Bass vs. P-BARS High Power Parallettes vs. Low Parallette Dip Bar Stations
All of these factors are largely dependent on the "type" of beam chosen. There are three types of parallette heights: low (~2-5") for push-up bars, medium (~12") for high parallettes, and high (22" or higher) for dip bars.
Due to stability and ground clearance (described in the "Size" section), there are differences in functionality and portability among push-up bars, high parallettes, and dip bars. Choose one that meets all your needs and satisfies all your needs.
Benefits Of Best Parallettes For Your Home Gym
Parallette training uses upper body and core strength. It requires the use of the arms to lift the body into the air, hold various positions, and sometimes move from one position to another.
All in all, a parallette may seem like a simple piece of gym equipment. However, there are many benefits to using them for training. Below are the top five benefits of using a parallette
Improved Body Control:
Parallette training requires a very high degree of body weight control in order to maintain various postures and perform a variety of movements; keeping your body in the air between two bars requires a high degree of coordination and upper body strength, in addition to a high degree of physical stamina.
Strength And Muscle Building:
Working on improving body control will, in turn, increase upper body strength and muscle building. Parallette training is ideal for strengthening the chest, shoulders, triceps, and core. Some also find it useful for training the back, biceps, and legs.
Train Core Strength And Balance:
You don't have to focus only on core stability and balance in your exercises. Every movement you perform on the rollers uses your core to some degree. This is because the trunk is responsible for stabilizing the body as it performs various exercises.
Improved Grip Strength:
When performing movements with parallettes, you need to maintain a strong, neutral grip to suspend your body. Over time, grip strength can be developed. You can also condition your hands and wrists.
The relatively small size of the Parallette makes it easier to carry than other exercise equipment. You can take it with you wherever you go, whether on business or on vacation. Just find a flat surface, set up the parallette, and you're ready to go.
Best Parallettes For Your Home Gym | Video Explanation
What muscles does a parallette work?
Depending on the type of exercise, parallettes can work muscles of all sizes, including shoulders, arms, chest, back, hips, and trunk.
What is the best height for a parallette?
A standard size parallette should be about 8 to 12 inches high. Mini parallettes, on the other hand, are usually only about 4 inches off the ground.
The higher the parallette, the lower the load and difficulty of progression.
Is it easier to stand upside down on a parallette?
No, standing upside down on a parallette is no easier than on hard ground, especially if you have mastered the basics. However, many athletes find that standing upside down on a parallette is easier on their wrists because there is less pressure and a firm grip for control.
Are PVC parallettes strong enough?
Yes, PVC parallettes are strong enough. Especially if it is made from stronger Schedule 80 PVC pipe, 1.5 inches in diameter, with thick walls and bars about 12 inches long. A parallette bar of this construction can withstand 1,225 pounds of tensile force before breaking, which is more than enough for even a large child. 
Do I need a parallette?
Yes, you should get a parallette as a powerful weapon in your home exercise arsenal. Many athletes and trainers, from beginners to advanced, say they can benefit from this extremely versatile and cost-effective piece of equipment. Parallettes can build muscle, increase strength, and improve coordination and balance.
Are parallel bars worth it?
Parallel bars are a great way to exercise at home. They are inexpensive, can be used anywhere, and offer a wide range of fitness benefits. They can help strengthen the upper body and core, and improve stability, balance, and power, among many other benefits.
Can I train with a parallette?
When it comes to training strength, muscles, and mobility, calisthenics on parallels is the perfect way to get the most out of bodyweight training and build an insanely strong and sculpted body.
Can parallel bars help build muscle?
"If you are new to strength training or want to train at home in the comfort of your own home, you can build muscle strength and self-confidence by training with your body weight in parallel bars. It is a great way to learn body control.
What are the key points of parallel bars?
Parallel bars are a great way to train at home. They are inexpensive, can be practiced anywhere, and offer a wide range of fitness benefits. They can help strengthen the upper body and core, and improve stability, balance, and power, among many other benefits.
Is Parallettes Worth Buying?
Whether or not parallettes are worth buying depends on your fitness goals, preferences, and budget.
Parallettes are a popular piece of equipment for bodyweight training, especially for gymnasts and calisthenics enthusiasts. They can be used to perform a wide range of exercises such as dips, push-ups, L-sits, and handstands. Parallettes can also provide an added challenge to basic bodyweight movements, making them great for building strength, balance, and coordination.
If your fitness routine involves a lot of bodyweight exercises or you're looking to incorporate more bodyweight training into your workouts, parallettes can be a useful addition to your equipment. They are relatively inexpensive compared to other types of gym equipment and can be used at home or in the gym.
However, if you're on a tight budget, there are many bodyweight exercises that you can do without parallettes. You can also create DIY parallettes using PVC pipes or other materials to save money.
Overall, parallettes can be a valuable tool for bodyweight training, but whether or not they're worth buying depends on your individual circumstances. If you're not sure if parallettes are right for you, consider trying them out at a gym or fitness studio before making a purchase.
What Is The Best Size For Parallettes?
The best size for parallettes depends on your individual needs and preferences. Generally, there are three main factors to consider when choosing the size of your parallettes: height, width, and diameter.
- Height: The height of your parallettes should be high enough to allow you to perform exercises such as dips and push-ups without your knees touching the ground. However, they should not be so high that you have difficulty getting into position for exercises like handstands. A height of around 12-18 inches is a good starting point for most people.
- Width: The width of your parallettes should be wide enough to provide stability and prevent tipping during exercises like L-sits and handstands. A width of around 10-12 inches is suitable for most people.
- Diameter: The diameter of your parallettes can also affect your comfort and grip during exercises. A diameter of around 1.5-2 inches is comfortable for most people, although some may prefer thicker or thinner handles depending on their hand size and grip strength.
Ultimately, the best size for your parallettes will depend on your individual needs and preferences. If possible, try out different sizes at a gym or fitness studio before making a purchase to find the size that works best for you.
Which Parallettes Does Chris Heria Use?
Chris Heria is a well-known calisthenics athlete and founder of the fitness brand, "ThenX". He has used several types of parallettes in his training videos, including the "Lebert Equalizer" and "BodyBoss Portable Parallettes". However, he also has a video on his YouTube channel where he shows how to make your own parallettes using PVC pipes and connectors, so it's clear that he values functionality over brand name. Ultimately, the specific type of parallettes that Chris Heria uses may not be as important as the exercises he performs and the technique he uses to train with them.
Which Wood Is Best For Parallettes?
The type of wood you choose for your parallettes can affect their durability, grip, and overall performance. Some popular choices for parallettes include birch, beech, and maple. These woods are strong, durable, and provide good grip, making them suitable for bodyweight training exercises.
When choosing wood for your parallettes, it's important to look for wood that is free of knots, cracks, and other defects that can weaken the structure. You'll also want to choose wood that is smooth and comfortable to grip, as rough or uneven wood can cause discomfort or injury during use.
Ultimately, the best wood for your parallettes will depend on your personal preferences and budget. Birch and beech are generally more affordable than maple, but all three types of wood can provide good performance and durability if properly cared for.
Which Parallettes Should I Buy?
The best parallettes for you will depend on your individual needs and preferences. Some factors to consider when choosing parallettes include:
- Size: As discussed earlier, the size of your parallettes can affect their stability, comfort, and usability. Choose a size that is suitable for your height, weight, and fitness goals.
- Material: Parallettes can be made from a variety of materials, including wood, metal, and plastic. Each material has its own advantages and disadvantages, so consider what's important to you in terms of durability, grip, and portability.
- Brand: There are many brands of parallettes on the market, ranging from budget-friendly options to high-end models. Research different brands and read reviews to find a model that fits your needs and budget.
- Purpose: Consider what exercises you plan to perform with your parallettes and choose a model that is suitable for those exercises. For example, if you plan to do a lot of handstands, look for parallettes with a stable base and good grip.
Is Parallettes Easier Than Floor?
Parallettes can be both easier and more challenging than exercises performed on the floor, depending on the specific exercise and your skill level. Parallettes allow you to perform movements that may be more difficult to execute on the floor, such as L-sits, handstands, and planche progressions. However, parallettes can also require more strength and balance than floor exercises due to their elevated height and smaller contact area with the ground. In general, parallettes can be a useful tool for increasing the difficulty of bodyweight exercises and providing a new challenge to your workouts.
Should I Get Low Or High Parallettes?
The height of your parallettes should depend on your individual needs and preferences, as well as the exercises you plan to perform with them. Low parallettes (around 6-12 inches) can be useful for exercises like push-ups and dips, as they allow for a greater range of motion and can help you maintain good form. High parallettes (around 18-24 inches) can be useful for exercises like handstands and L-sits, as they provide more room for your legs to extend and can help you maintain proper alignment. Ultimately, the height of your parallettes will depend on your individual goals and the exercises you plan to perform.
What Is The Difference Between Low And Medium Parallettes?
The difference between low and medium parallettes is primarily their height, with medium parallettes falling somewhere in between low and high parallettes. Low parallettes are typically around 6-12 inches in height, while medium parallettes are around 12-18 inches. The specific height of medium parallettes may vary depending on the manufacturer and model. The choice between low, medium or high parallettes should depend on your individual needs and preferences, as well as the exercises you plan to perform with them. Medium parallettes may be a good choice if you want the versatility of both low and high parallettes, or if you plan to use them for a variety of exercises.
Can You Get Ripped With Parallettes?
Yes, it is possible to get ripped with parallettes, especially if you incorporate them into a well-rounded fitness routine that includes proper nutrition and recovery.
Parallettes can be used to perform a wide range of bodyweight exercises that can help build strength, increase muscle mass, and improve definition. For example, exercises like push-ups, dips, and handstands can target the chest, shoulders, triceps, and core, while planche progressions and L-sits can challenge the entire upper body and core.
To get ripped with parallettes, it's important to incorporate progressive overload into your workouts, gradually increasing the difficulty and intensity of your exercises over time. This can be achieved by increasing the number of repetitions, changing the angle or position of your body, or using weights or resistance bands to add resistance to your movements.
It's also important to fuel your body with adequate protein and other nutrients to support muscle growth and recovery. Getting enough rest and recovery time is also essential, as your muscles need time to repair and rebuild after workouts.
Overall, while parallettes alone may not be enough to get ripped, they can be a useful tool for building strength and muscle mass when combined with proper nutrition and recovery practices.
How Did Chris Heria Get His Money?
Chris Heria is a fitness entrepreneur, personal trainer, and founder of the fitness brand, "ThenX". While it's not entirely clear how Chris Heria initially made his money, it's likely that he earned his wealth through a combination of his fitness business ventures, sponsorships, and social media influence.
Chris Heria has been actively involved in the fitness industry since he was a teenager, working as a personal trainer and competing in various fitness competitions. In 2012, he founded ThenX, a fitness brand that offers online training programs, workout plans, and nutrition guides. The brand has gained popularity in the fitness community and has over 4 million followers on Instagram.
In addition to his business ventures, Chris Heria has also partnered with various fitness brands and companies, such as Nike, and has appeared in fitness publications like Men's Health and Muscle & Fitness. His social media presence, including his popular YouTube channel with over 3 million subscribers, has also likely contributed to his overall income.
Can You Build Muscle With Parallettes?
Yes, you can build muscle with parallettes. Parallettes are a versatile and effective tool for bodyweight training, allowing you to perform a wide range of exercises that target various muscle groups. Exercises like push-ups, dips, planche progressions, and L-sits can help build upper body and core strength, increase muscle mass, and improve overall muscular definition.
To build muscle with parallettes, it's important to incorporate progressive overload into your workouts, gradually increasing the difficulty and intensity of your exercises over time. This can be achieved by adding more repetitions, changing the angle or position of your body, or using weights or resistance bands to add resistance to your movements.
It's also important to fuel your body with adequate protein and other nutrients to support muscle growth and recovery. Getting enough rest and recovery time is also essential, as your muscles need time to repair and rebuild after workouts.
What Workout Does Jennifer Lopez Use?
Jennifer Lopez has been known to incorporate a variety of workouts into her fitness routine, including dance cardio, strength training, and high-intensity interval training (HIIT). She has worked with various trainers and coaches over the years, including celebrity trainer Tracy Anderson and fitness expert David Kirsch.
In addition to her workouts, Jennifer Lopez is also known for following a healthy diet that emphasizes lean protein, fruits and vegetables, and healthy fats. She has also been open about her commitment to staying active and prioritizing her fitness as a key component of her overall health and wellness.
Do Wooden Parallettes Break?
Wooden parallettes are generally durable and long-lasting, but like any piece of fitness equipment, they can break or wear down over time with frequent use. To ensure the longevity of your wooden parallettes, it's important to invest in high-quality, well-made equipment and to take proper care of them.
To prevent wooden parallettes from breaking, it's important to avoid placing excessive weight or force on them during exercises. It's also a good idea to regularly inspect your parallettes for signs of wear and tear, such as cracks or splinters, and to replace them if necessary. Finally, storing your parallettes in a dry, cool place can help prevent warping or damage to the wood over time.
Is Mini Parallettes Worth It?
Mini parallettes can be a valuable addition to a home workout routine, but whether or not they're worth it depends on your fitness goals and training needs.
Mini parallettes are smaller than traditional parallettes, making them more compact and portable, which can be beneficial for those with limited space or who travel frequently. They can also be used to perform many of the same exercises as traditional parallettes, such as push-ups, dips, and L-sits, but with a greater emphasis on body control and balance.
If your fitness goals include improving your upper body and core strength, building muscle mass, or increasing your overall body control and balance, then mini parallettes may be worth considering. They can be a useful tool for performing a variety of bodyweight exercises and can help add variety and challenge to your workouts.
How Do You Make Pvc Parallettes?
Making PVC parallettes is a relatively simple DIY project that requires just a few materials and tools. Here are the basic steps to make PVC parallettes:
- PVC pipes (2-inch diameter)
- PVC connectors (2-inch diameter, T-shaped)
- PVC caps (2-inch diameter)
- PVC cement
- Sandpaper (120 grit)
- Measuring tape
- Hacksaw or PVC pipe cutter
- Measure and mark the PVC pipes to your desired length. A standard length for parallettes is around 18-24 inches.
- Use the hacksaw or PVC pipe cutter to cut the PVC pipes into two equal pieces.
- Sand the edges of the cut PVC pipes with sandpaper to smooth any rough edges or burrs.
- Insert a PVC connector into each end of one of the PVC pipes to create the base of the parallettes.
- Insert a PVC cap onto each end of the other PVC pipe to create the handles.
- Apply PVC cement to the inside of each connector and cap, as well as the outside of the PVC pipes.
- Press the pipes into the connectors and caps firmly and hold for a few seconds to ensure a tight fit.
- Allow the PVC cement to dry according to the manufacturer's instructions before using the parallettes.
Once the PVC cement has fully dried, your parallettes are ready to use. Remember to always inspect your DIY parallettes for any signs of wear and tear before each use and to exercise caution when using them to prevent injury.
The parallel bars are a great addition to your home gym. Parallel bars are ideal for use at home or for outdoor training.
Many are portable and can be used for training anywhere. With a simple setup, you can begin training your upper body, core muscles, body control, stability, and much more.
The benefits of parallettes are numerous, and a good quality pair is a worthwhile investment for fitness enthusiasts, from beginners to experienced athletes. In this article, we have listed some of the Best Parallettes For Your Home Gym on the market. Which of the above will you try?
Hi, I am Matt Storace and I am a former personal trainer and founder of Beast Biceps. We had to find ways to train at home. When I started looking for the equipment I needed, I quickly realized that there were no good resources online. So I created Beast Biceps. It is a treasure trove of information developed from my experience and research. Read More Here
Leave a Reply